CB Elijah Blades [Oregon Commit]

HuskerBoard Predictor  

120 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I didn't realize this but Donte Williams said he's going to be 17 for almost the entire season next year. Doubt it happens but would love him to redshirt to put on good (necessary) weight and age a year

Do we have enough CB's to even afford to RS him? I think he pretty much has to play.

Maybe if injuries pile up. Its also possible we just allow any injuries or lack of depth to dictate our nickle package use. We've got a legitimate 3-deep if we can afford to limit our Nickle packages.

CB: Jones, A Williams, Bootle

CB: Jackson, Dismuke

Nickle: Kalu, Anderson

A Williams is pretty much a safety now, maybe a little nickel. Anderson is exclusively a safety. Also don't forget Lee, Butler and Boaz Joseph at corner. But yeah we have decent depth

I didn't realize this but Donte Williams said he's going to be 17 for almost the entire season next year. Doubt it happens but would love him to redshirt to put on good (necessary) weight and age a year

Do we have enough CB's to even afford to RS him? I think he pretty much has to play.

Maybe if injuries pile up. Its also possible we just allow any injuries or lack of depth to dictate our nickle package use. We've got a legitimate 3-deep if we can afford to limit our Nickle packages.

A Williams is pretty much a safety now, maybe a little nickel. Anderson is exclusively a safety. Also don't forget Lee, Butler and Boaz Joseph at corner. But yeah we have decent depth

This is why DBs this year were a luxury and next year are a necessity. The staff went all out to grab some absolute STUDS and got one in Blades. Next year we will take more. Riley eluded to this in his presser.

Remember the good ol days when everyone thought eric Lee was gonna step on campus and take a starting spot?
  • Fire 1

• 1 month later...

• 3 weeks later...

Clouse was on Unsportsmanlike Conduct Tuesday afternoon and confirmed Blades still has work to do academically

IMO:

I tend to think that this means, he is on track, but needs to pass his classes that he is currently taking.

Worst case is he has to do some summer work and can't show up until August. Which would mean he would have to Redshirt. Which might not be the worst thing?

Clouse was on Unsportsmanlike Conduct Tuesday afternoon and confirmed Blades still has work to do academically

IMO:

I tend to think that this means, he is on track, but needs to pass his classes that he is currently taking.

Worst case is he has to do some summer work and can't show up until August. Which would mean he would have to Redshirt. Which might not be the worst thing?

I don't think it's a guarantee he RS's even in that situation. We are scary thin at CB.

IMO:

I don't think it's a guarantee he RS's even in that situation. We are scary thin at CB.

Agree with Matty on the academic part. As for Blades and a Redshirt, he will not RS.

• Mavric changed the title to CB Elijah Blades [Oregon Commit]
  • Mavric unpinned this topic