The Obama Legacy

http://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/barbara-hollingsworth/harvards-dershowitz-obama-was-one-worst-foreign-policy-presidents

Harvard Prof Allan Dershowitz (self described liberal) says the following (Since the interview was on Fox, there will be some on HB who will discount it all together - :facepalm:<_< )

Harvard Law Professor Emeritus Alan Dershowitz says that although he and many other liberal Democrats supported President Obama's domestic policies, Obama will go down in history as one of the worst foreign policy presidents ever.

He will go down in history, President Obama, as one of the worst foreign policy presidents ever, Dershowitz said during a Monday interview on Fox & Friends. What he did to Syria, and what he was partly responsible for happening in Aleppo, creating a vacuum for Russia.

he created a terrible conflict for people, many like me liberal Democrats who support his domestic policy, but think he was an appalling appalling - president when it came to foreign policyLook, I supported his domestic policy. I liked him on Supreme Court appointments. But he created a terrible conflict for people, many like me liberal Democrats who support his domestic policy, but think he was an appalling appalling - president when it came to foreign policy. He hurt America so badly.

Speaking of the resent UN resolution against Israel, he states quote:

Dershowitz was particularly upset with Obama for abstaining from a vote on a recent United Nations Security Council resolution condemning Israel for constructing settlements on land it has occupied since the 1967 Six-Day War.

In doing so, Dershowitz said, Obama stabbed the longtime U.S. ally in the back.

Obama called me into the Oval Office before the election and he said to me: Alan, I want your support. And I have to tell you, I will always have Israels back.

I didnt realize what he meant is that he would have its back to stab them in the back. And he just stabbed them in the back," Dershowitz said.

Thats not the way policy should be made, to get even in the lame duck period when there are no checks and balances, and you dont have to worry about the next election. Its the most undemocratic thing a president can do to tie the hands of his successor during the lame duck period, he continued.

The president has deliberately tied the hands of his successor. Its going to make it much harder for President Trump to bring back peace.

Great article TG. Many notable Dems including Schumer and Hoyer are strongly against Obama on his Israel policy. I guess Obama wants one more mark on his legacy before his time is up. As the old saying goes, dont let the door hit you on the way out. Good riddance to him.

I am in business and work within the national economy every day. When the economy (especially home construction) is good, we do well...etc.

I have never figured out the complaint about the "slowest recovery since the great depression". Our company has done very well over the last 4-5 years. We have added employees, our sales have grown...etc.

I personally would MUCH rather have a slow and steady growth than a drastic shot up with a crash on the other side of the peak.

This has always sounded like a fabricated complaint from Republicans. I can see them sitting around a board room...."Crap, the economy is improving and the US is adding jobs......we need to complain about something.....quick...what......Oh........not growing fast enough...great...good job...that will do it...."

• Fire 4
In fairness to W, Obama could hardly have continued to drive the numbers down. They started in vastly different places on this metric.

I mean, he could have, but that would have been disastrous. The economy does go up and down. One hopes our economy is now healthy enough to continue to trend up for a while. There are enough recessions going on around the world.

I dunno if it can be considered a legacy, but I really enjoy Obama's style of public speaking. I realized this as I was watching his farewell remarks last night. It seems like we've had a lot of presidents who can't deliver a speech to save their life. Bush II was turrible. And Bush I, while I thought he was a decent president, wasn't much better behind the podium than son Dubya. Clinton was a tremendous public speaker. Perhaps the best of any president I've heard. And Obama is nearly as good. I think I will miss Obama for this every time the new guy opens his mouth to talk.

I'm talking about pure public speaking ability--not the content of their speeches.

• Fire 2

Seems as appropriate a place as any: http://www.newyorker.com/humor/borowitz-report/republicans-accuse-obama-of-using-position-as-president-to-lead-country

WASHINGTON (The Borowitz Report)—Responding to reports that President Obama is considering signing as many as nineteen executive orders on gun control, Republicans in Congress unleashed a blistering attack on him today, accusing Mr. Obama of “cynically and systematically using his position as President to lead the country.”

I dunno if it can be considered a legacy, but I really enjoy Obama's style of public speaking. I realized this as I was watching his farewell remarks last night. It seems like we've had a lot of presidents who can't deliver a speech to save their life. Bush II was turrible. And Bush I, while I thought he was a decent president, wasn't much better behind the podium than son Dubya. Clinton was a tremendous public speaker. Perhaps the best of any president I've heard. And Obama is nearly as good. I think I will miss Obama for this every time the new guy opens his mouth to talk.

I'm talking about pure public speaking ability--not the content of their speeches.

Funny guy too. I hope NBC dumps Fallon and gives The Tonight Show to Obama. I would watch the crap out of that.