The 2016 Republican National Convention

Added to Todd n Tyler podcast link to my previous post about Benghazi above. I guess I got a bit ahead of myself and forgot to post it. Worth a listen.

Melania word for word ripped off a lot of Michelle Obama's speech from 8 years ago. The left didn't do that. Nor did they lie about it after confronted. Nor did they try to blame it on themselves (the left), Hillary Clinton, or anything else.

This is a really silly thing to be arguing about. But the only reason we are is because the Trump campaign did it. Then lied about it. Then offered a wide array of weird, goofy, unbelievable defenses.

God forbid Trump wins. We'll get used to arguing over silly little things like this a lot.

No - to do that would require ignoring the 7 or 8 or however many investigations and the millions or tens of millions or more spent by right-wing nut jobs to reveal that...there was no wrong-doing by Secretary Clinton. So, as to Benghazi, you have a case in which the nut-right manufactured an issue - and then much like the Keystone Cops, spent all that time and money disproving the very claim they tried to make into an issue.

Lol...why I am not surprised you claim the right made Benghazi an issue, but suggest the left did not try to make an issue of Melania's speech. :facepalm:

Added to Todd n Tyler podcast link to my previous post about Benghazi above. I guess I got a bit ahead of myself and forgot to post it. Worth a listen.

Melania word for word ripped off a lot of Michelle Obama's speech from 8 years ago. The left didn't do that. Nor did they lie about it after confronted. Nor did they try to blame it on themselves (the left), Hillary Clinton, or anything else.

This is a really silly thing to be arguing about. But the only reason we are is because the Trump campaign did it. Then lied about it. Then offered a wide array of weird, goofy, unbelievable defenses.

God forbid Trump wins. We'll get used to arguing over silly little things like this a lot.

To be honest, I would love to be arguing over little things like this, rather than big things like we have under Obama such as all of the racial tension, cop killing, and terror attacks. If that is all we were to argue about with a President Trump, this country would be in way better shape than it is today.

What a great non-story story to kick off the convention. How this is bigger outrage and reaction by Americans after how Comey lets Hillary skate by is partly why we have the candidates we are stuck with this cycle. Comey protected himself from his future boss.

I agree with whoever said earlier that Trump doesn't have the political chops to be a serious candidate, otherwise he would win this election going away. The republicans voted for Trump because he doesn't represent the establishment, if there was a better non-establishment candidate, they would have elected that person over Trump. The GOP is too out of touch for their own good.

Trump could still turn this around, but he'll have to be very calculated and near flawless, something I don't see happening given his track record. Gear up for 4 years of Hillary. It's all she's going to get after 12 years of democrat establishment BS.

To be honest, I would love to be arguing over little things like this, rather than big things like we have under Obama such as all of the racial tension, cop killing, and terror attacks. If that is all we were to argue about with a President Trump, this country would be in way better shape than it is today.

I guess that should be the hope of any new president.

The plagiarized portions of the speech are the least, THE LEAST, of our concerns at this point when it comes to the Trump campaign. It was obviously plagiarized, on purpose, by somebody. It certainly wasn't accidental phrasing. Could it have been somebody trying to sabotage Trump? Yeah, and my money is on Trump himself.

I don't think some of you appreciated how serious I was when I said it is obvious Trump doesn't want to win. If he really wanted to win, would we be witnessing this absolute shitshow of a campaign? No, we wouldn't.

JJ, I think you are partially right. Trump doesn't want to win. If it's not on his terms.

Maybe I give him too much credit for not being a complete babbling imbecile but, he has not done ONE thing that shows me he really wants to win. He simply cannot be that incompetent by accident. I would love nothing better than to have a viable option to Hillary and, I understand the attraction to some of his rhetoric and the anti-politics as usual approach but my God......some people need to wakeup and see who and what it is they are still supporting when it comes to Trump. Just imagine if he were elected and he took the same approach to anything as he is taking to supposedly trying to get elected. I literally just can't believe he still has more than 3 supporters left. He can't be serious.

Guess I'll vote for Johnson and grit my teeth through the Hillary presidency. Hopefully she'll inherit the same useless obstructionist congress that Obama had and not much will happen again for the next 4 years. At this point I wonder why we even need or want a government.

• Fire 1

I would like that too.

But that's not what would happen. We'd argue about the little things and the big things. And I fear the division would be much, much worse.

And again, the left didn't make an issue of her speech. That's entirely on the writer and the Trump campaign for how they handled it. The rest of us just noticed and reported it.

I would like that too.

But that's not what would happen. We'd argue about the little things and the big things. And I fear the division would be much, much worse.

And again, the left didn't make an issue of her speech. That's entirely on the writer and the Trump campaign for how they handled it. The rest of us just noticed and reported it.

Oh I agree that the speech writer botched this big time, so there is definitely blame there. But I have looked all over a variety of media outlets today, and you are seeing most of the left-leaning outlets obsessing about this topic. I disagree that this country will be more divided with Trump. It honestly cannot get much worse than it is right now. While Trump spouts off about crap too often, I think he has begun to reign that in a bit the past month with the recognition that he is the nominee, and with the new advisor that has done well overall except for the speech botch from last night. I'll be interested to see his tone in his acceptance speech Thursday night.

What a great non-story story to kick off the convention. How this is bigger outrage and reaction by Americans after how Comey lets Hillary skate by is partly why we have the candidates we are stuck with this cycle. Comey protected himself from his future boss.

I agree with whoever said earlier that Trump doesn't have the political chops to be a serious candidate, otherwise he would win this election going away. The republicans voted for Trump because he doesn't represent the establishment, if there was a better non-establishment candidate, they would have elected that person over Trump. The GOP is too out of touch for their own good.

Trump could still turn this around, but he'll have to be very calculated and near flawless, something I don't see happening given his track record. Gear up for 4 years of Hillary. It's all she's going to get after 12 years of democrat establishment BS.

Well the polling continues to be neck and neck between the 2 candidates. Trump has taken the lead in the latest LA Times poll and is also up by 1 now in a 4-say matchup according to an NBC poll. A month ago Hillary was leading by several points in nearly every poll. We are now starting to see a mix of results both nationally and at the state level. It actually seems Trump is performing better in the key swing states than he is at a national level.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/president/us/general_election_trump_vs_clinton-5491.html

The plagiarized portions of the speech are the least, THE LEAST, of our concerns at this point when it comes to the Trump campaign. It was obviously plagiarized, on purpose, by somebody. It certainly wasn't accidental phrasing. Could it have been somebody trying to sabotage Trump? Yeah, and my money is on Trump himself.

I don't think some of you appreciated how serious I was when I said it is obvious Trump doesn't want to win. If he really wanted to win, would we be witnessing this absolute shitshow of a campaign? No, we wouldn't.

There's a fairly viable (IMO) alternative theory about this -- that at least the clearly awful, numbheaded response was calculated on the Trump campaign's part to make this blow up and be the story out of Day 1. As a suitable, low-stakes distraction to all the other terrible things that were put on display.

Trump's either an utterly clueless campaigner, or a completely brilliant campaigner, and often it's not clear which.

I'm waiting for David Duke to be the guest surprise speaker to introduce Donald on the last day of the convention. Cherry on top.

Haha...or we could see Al Sharpton or Jesse Jackson, or better yet Louis Farrakhan introduce Hillary next week. That would be in alignment with the Democrats support for an organization such as BLM that has advocated the killing of cops. And guess what...another police officer has been shot in Kansas City.

Your image of a radical leftist Democratic party is laughable to both radical leftists and Democrats. And historians.

Obama and the Clintons could have passed as moderate Republicans for most of the last century.

And Ronald Reagan's words and policies wouldn't have passed the current conservative litmus test, no matter how much they love to invoke his name.

• Fire 1