A man you can bait with a Tweet

WTF is wrong with this man?!!

(rhetorical)

Seriously.

This guy is so insecure about his situation it hurts.

Plus, I don't know that it was a wise idea to voluntarily create a parallel to Watergate. Does Trump know how that ended?

Much like Sessions, he just made an unforced error by talking too much.

IF he was being tapped - the DOJ would have had to review evidence to do so. So if this is true, there is documentation somewhere detailing WHY it was necessary to tap. I have a feeling this is going to be a fun weekend.

WTF is wrong with this man?!!

(rhetorical)

Seriously.

This guy is so insecure about his situation it hurts.

Plus, I don't know that it was a wise idea to voluntarily create a parallel to Watergate. Does Trump know how that ended?

Much like Sessions, he just made an unforced error by talking too much.

IF he was being tapped - the DOJ would have had to review evidence to do so. So if this is true, there is documentation somewhere detailing WHY it was necessary to tap. I have a feeling this is going to be a fun weekend.

Right? Either there is public documentation as to why, or Trump shared classified info via Twitter, or this is just a big pile of crap that spewed from his fingers.

My guess is there is zero credibility to any of this. The only explanation: Trump is a tiny little man in a position that he is not even close to capable of fulfilling.

I'm guessing someone on his Twitter feed suggested that he was wire tapped and Trump ran with it.

i think it was something reported on fox that set this off
As the President, Trump gets access to highly classification and national security material. Maybe he was under investigation during the election because of his connections to Russian interference with the election and he just found out. That to be a real situation. If true, I do not think twitter is where you make an announce. However, another possibility is that he was fed misleading information from fake news sources and he is acting unhinged. It is unfortunate we have to speculate about these possibilities.

Relevant Redditing about what led to these tweets:

So I've been looking into this a bit and it's looking highly likely that Hair Plug Swollen with Rancid Egg Whites (Trump) is going off based on reading his favourite news sources.

Here's a Breitbart article from yesterday that claims that Obama had wire tapped Demonic, Racist Goldfish (Trump) Tower.

The arguments it makes are very dubious and it comes to a solid conclusion based on sources that really only offer hearsay, and even the conclusions of their sources are very dubious.

One of the most important sources appears to be this National Review article which doesn't come to anything like the conclusion that Breitbart ends up making (surprise, surprise).

Breitbart claims that there is evidence that the FBI were eavesdropping on the Weapons-Grade Plum (Trump) campaign whereas the National Review article claims the FBI had a limited warrant to listen to specific communication from Moldy Pumpkin Spite Latte (Trump) Tower not including Yamchurian Candidate (Trump) himself's communication. (They make the claim that the FISA warrant is directed at the mysterious server contacting Russia that has now become infamous).

(As an aside to this I'm also going to postulate that Littlefingers (Trump) had a busy day yesterday and didn't find enough time to binge the news so took an opportunity to do that this morning. His other tweets around the same time are also making reference to topics that were raised by news articles yesterday, such as the Russian ambassador having made 22 visits to the White House. Either or that or Phantom Menace [bannon] is getting news fed to him by his former employees and is whispering it in Tribble Mobility Scooter's [Trump's] ear)

Descriptors courtesy of my Chrome extension left in for hilarity's sake. But you get the point. It appears the source of Trump's accusations is Breitbart. Breitbart's source was Mark Levin of conservative radio fame. Who put a very specific tortured definition of what the wiretaps were for to frame it as the the Obama administration spying on the Trump campaign.

He's getting wound up and chasing ghosts based on something Bannon's own media empire pulled from conservative radio. We're in Bizarro World.

• Fire 1

Relevant Redditing about what led to these tweets:

So I've been looking into this a bit and it's looking highly likely that Hair Plug Swollen with Rancid Egg Whites (Trump) is going off based on reading his favourite news sources.

Here's a Breitbart article from yesterday that claims that Obama had wire tapped Demonic, Racist Goldfish (Trump) Tower.

The arguments it makes are very dubious and it comes to a solid conclusion based on sources that really only offer hearsay, and even the conclusions of their sources are very dubious.

One of the most important sources appears to be this National Review article which doesn't come to anything like the conclusion that Breitbart ends up making (surprise, surprise).

Breitbart claims that there is evidence that the FBI were eavesdropping on the Weapons-Grade Plum (Trump) campaign whereas the National Review article claims the FBI had a limited warrant to listen to specific communication from Moldy Pumpkin Spite Latte (Trump) Tower not including Yamchurian Candidate (Trump) himself's communication. (They make the claim that the FISA warrant is directed at the mysterious server contacting Russia that has now become infamous).

(As an aside to this I'm also going to postulate that Littlefingers (Trump) had a busy day yesterday and didn't find enough time to binge the news so took an opportunity to do that this morning. His other tweets around the same time are also making reference to topics that were raised by news articles yesterday, such as the Russian ambassador having made 22 visits to the White House. Either or that or Phantom Menace [bannon] is getting news fed to him by his former employees and is whispering it in Tribble Mobility Scooter's [Trump's] ear)

Descriptors courtesy of my Chrome extension left in for hilarity's sake. But you get the point. It appears the source of Trump's accusations is Breitbart. Breitbart's source was Mark Levin of conservative radio fame. Who put a very specific tortured definition of what the wiretaps were for to frame it as the the Obama administration spying on the Trump campaign.

He's getting wound up and chasing ghosts based on something Bannon's own media empire pulled from conservative radio. We're in Bizarro World.

Bloomberg is reporting that he did get the story from Breitbart:

The president, who regularly has access to classified information and intelligence briefings, relied on Breitbart News for his information about the alleged wiretap, according to the person.

Breitbart, the media outlet previously run by White House chief strategist Stephen Bannon, published a story Friday outlining actions supposedly taken by the Obama administration to monitor Trump Tower during the campaign. The story, which claimed the moves were aimed at undermining Trump’s candidacy, referenced commentary on Thursday by radio host Mark Levin that made similar claims.

Link

• Fire 1