CB Thomas Graham [Oregon - Signed LOI]

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

69 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

And my reply is that you can punish and judge someone for what they actually did and the harm it caused.

Yes, drunk driving = bad idea. Selfish idea. Potentially harmful to others.

Abusing a player = bad idea. Very, very bad idea. Trying to get others to lie to the authorities about the abuse, to ask them to change their stories to the authorities = selfish move and also not one that would align with any legal or university standards (I don't think).

I understand what you are saying, but you can't punish for the "what if's".

Agree to disagree.

You can punish for what ifs..... it's jail time, revoking of license, and huge fines. I'm not condoning hitting players, but saying it's worse than 3 dui's.... no.

Simple statement here is both are bad and Nebraska isn't above character issues. We chose to help Williams and I agree with the call but we can't in turn chastise others for picking up someone with character flaws.

Wiltfong is at 90% on his CBs and Bartow is 80% correct. I'm assuming the picks after them are people just chasing their picks. The odds don't seem to be in our favor, but hopefully we can pull it out. We need some good news.

Remeber Wiltfong was wrong on Farniok last year. Let's hope history repeats itself.

And picking a school where they don't have a D staff in place just seems odd.

Well we can agree. Situations like these are the ones that make people completely flabbergasted about recruiting. How can a DB commit to a team without a D.C. Or DB Coach!?!?!? It's just mind blowing. So we will see what he does Friday.

My guess is that he likes the West Coast and would like to play in the Pac 12. The location probably outweighs the positives that ND and Nebraska have to offer. Also, a new coach can sell their vision and sell what he is looking for in his players. Oregon is horrible on Defense and you can guarantee a kid a chance to play as a Freshman much easier than we can with Jones and Kalu both coming back to be 3 year starters. I hope the experts are wrong and he chooses N, but it seems like a longshot even though Oregon is replacing their HC.
Exactly - we've had a few high profile guys make OV's and comment that they loved Nebraska but we have so much depth at DB they didn't think they could play early. The guy that committed to Utah was one who said it and I believe a couple others had as well.

I just wish we could use this in our favor to land some top DE's. An immediate contributor could literally come in and start day 1.

Wiltfong is at 90% on his CBs and Bartow is 80% correct. I'm assuming the picks after them are people just chasing their picks. The odds don't seem to be in our favor, but hopefully we can pull it out. We need some good news.

Remeber Wiltfong was wrong on Farniok last year. Let's hope history repeats itself.

Well we can agree. Situations like these are the ones that make people completely flabbergasted about recruiting. How can a DB commit to a team without a D.C. Or DB Coach!?!?!? It's just mind blowing. So we will see what he does Friday.

My guess is that he likes the West Coast and would like to play in the Pac 12. The location probably outweighs the positives that ND and Nebraska have to offer. Also, a new coach can sell their vision and sell what he is looking for in his players. Oregon is horrible on Defense and you can guarantee a kid a chance to play as a Freshman much easier than we can with Jones and Kalu both coming back to be 3 year starters. I hope the experts are wrong and he chooses N, but it seems like a longshot even though Oregon is replacing their HC.
Exactly - we've had a few high profile guys make OV's and comment that they loved Nebraska but we have so much depth at DB they didn't think they could play early. The guy that committed to Utah was one who said it and I believe a couple others had as well.

I just wish we could use this in our favor to land some top DE's. An immediate contributor could literally come in and start day 1.

This is an invalid argument. Look how many kids are lining up to play at "Bama and tOSU. Both those schools are now loaded with top talent at most every position, and yet kids are still committing to those schools.

This is an invalid argument. Look how many kids are lining up to play at "Bama and tOSU. Both those schools are now loaded with top talent at most every position, and yet kids are still committing to those schools.

They're also competing for playoff and national championships.

• Fire 2

I get that, but why not go to a school where you have a better chance at PT?

I get that, but why not go to a school where you have a better chance at PT?

I wish it were that simple.

Some want to win along the way. It helps look past being behind a player or two. Generally these schools are getting numerous players drafted too.