What Is Defensive Success vs Oregon

Red Five

Mich state held them to 28 last year and forced 2 of the Ducks scoring drives to be 12 plus plays and another of 9 plays. If we can make them drive the field and avoid the explosive scoring drives we should be alright. The point total isnt too concerning based on how we are on offense. If we are lighting up the score board ourselves on quick drives then we need to hold them under 35. If we can control the ball and have around 35-36 minutes time of possesion then 27 points should be enough to hold up the defenses side of the bargain.

Just fewer points than what our O scores. I would love to say, no big plays, etc but I think this will be a shootout. What would be great is to see a replay of the 95 NC game - Fun and Gun Florida (the Oregon of its day) being totally confused, confounded, and controlled by a very strong, blitzing, aggressive, in your face D. If our D could somehow get close to that type of performance we'll be sitting ok. Go Big Red.

Winning the game is the only thing that matters.

However, we all sit around and discuss if our offense is good or if our defense is good.

I think if we can keep Oregon to under 40 points, we can start to think maybe we have a good defense.

If we keep them under 30 points, we can start to maybe dreaming of having something special on defense.

Against, Oregon, really, that's the only thing you can look at. They are going to score some points and they are going to rack up yards and they are going to have some big plays. Limit the big plays and don't allow them to be TDs.

I agree...winning is all that matters

So, hopefully is Nebraska gets beat in a close game we don't start seeing lame posts about how it was a good close game and that is okay with us Husker fans.

Huskers are favored. This is an upset if they lose.

I don't care if they give up 1000 yards and 65 points...if the win.

And if they hold the ducks to 150 yards and 6 points and lose, that is not good enough.

Riley was not brought it to play close games and lose like at OSU

So, hopefully is Nebraska gets beat in a close game we don't start seeing lame posts about how it was a good close game and that is okay with us Husker fans.

And if they hold the ducks to 150 yards and 6 points and lose, that is not good enough.

Honestly, if we lose I hope we lose big, and the only reason for that is if we lose close that means it came down to the wire and one or two wrongdoings cost us and I will have nightmares about it forever. Let alone that means it was a rollercoaster of emotions throughout the entire game.

I guess this means I am just tired of getting heart broken during games.

Honestly, if we lose I hope we lose big, and the only reason for that is if we lose close that means it came down to the wire and one or two wrongdoings cost us and I will have nightmares about it forever. Let alone that means it was a rollercoaster of emotions throughout the entire game.

I guess this means I am just tired of getting heart broken during games.

I know what you mean