Going for 2

Husker66

Finally we were on the good end of bad decision making. 45 years of watching football, Positive I haven't witnessed that before. he kicks, they get the Dub.

If he kicks them all they get a tie. Or, like the announcers, are we only going to criticize the plays that didn't work, and not the same ones that did?

they win if the kick the rest, they scored 5 td's , got 1 2 pointer, left 4 points if they kick the rest. they win 36-35 if my math is correct

Finally we were on the good end of bad decision making. 45 years of watching football, Positive I haven't witnessed that before. he kicks, they get the Dub.

If he kicks them all they get a tie. Or, like the announcers, are we only going to criticize the plays that didn't work, and not the same ones that did?

they win if the kick the rest, they scored 5 td's , got 1 2 pointer, left 4 points if they kick the rest. they win 36-35 if my math is correct

That's what he's saying though. You can't just question the ones that didn't work. Have to change the first one to one point as well. Would have scored 35 points.

also in alternate universe land, maybe we block one or they miss one. Hey it happens a couple times a year

This was one of those "Live by the sword, die by the sword" things. It works great except when it doesn't.

Riley looked like a genius and maybe gave a little boost to his own team by saying,

"Double extra points?! We don't need no stinkin' double extra points if we get enough touchdowns to go with our single extra points!"

These decisions were absolutely bonheaded and really changed the entire game.

You keep going for one after you go up 8-0, and suddenly halftime is 22-14, which creates a much different dynamic and issue for Nebraska on their come back. Then of course in the end it gets you to 36 points to Nebraska's 35.

But I won't complain about Oregon's arrogance, it is what got their program to their highest heights, and now appears to be a problem.

One thing I haven't seen anyone mention though is giving credit to Riley for obviously having practiced for those plays defensively very well.

Riley knew beyond a shadow of a doubt they'd be doing this. He obviously prepared for it very well.

We beat a great team by being prepared for exactly what they'd bring...I'm going to celebrate Riley's huge accomplishment in this and every other category.

• Fire 1

One thing I haven't seen anyone mention though is giving credit to Riley for obviously having practiced for those plays defensively very well.

Riley knew beyond a shadow of a doubt they'd be doing this. He obviously prepared for it very well.

We beat a great team by being prepared for exactly what they'd bring...I'm going to celebrate Riley's huge accomplishment in this and every other category.

The 4th and 9 with what? 3:30 left in the game was absolutely huge. That is Riley knowing his opponent.

The 4th and 9 with what? 3:30 left in the game was absolutely huge. That is Riley knowing his opponent.

And I know he stated in the post game he was unsure what to do but this was a man who went for it on his own 40 in the first half. I'm thinking this call should have been a no brained.

Kinda looked like the last 2 point conversion try was good for Oregon, the QB raced to the pylon and ended up hitting it, I guess they said he was already down, if he had just reached the ball out they would have had it, not like they would have won anyway, since it would've brought them to 34 points instead of 32.

I still think he got jipped a bit but I'll take it

Ok take a look here, this proves me wrong and the call was right

http://bloximages.chicago2.vip.townnews.com/journalstar.com/content/tncms/assets/v3/editorial/1/30/13031f67-1a6d-524c-81e2-9a946b5d210e/57dde22c7a0b4.image.jpg?resize=1200%2C806

Another point about them kicking instead of going for 2, even if we include the first 2 pointer and say they kicked the rest, it would still be impossible to say how that would change the outcome of the game.

They would have scored 36 points but also our team and coaches would have reacted differently to the situation if they had more points and could have still scored 38 instead of 35.

At the half, Helfrich said he did the first one because "some guy" wasn't paying attention. Almost condescending IMO. Glad it bit him in the a$$.

Condescending or just...true? It worked for them.

I don't see this as arrogance or bravado or flash or anything. Oregon has always done this - they're a high risk high reward team that has built an incredible program off of stuff like this. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

I am sure it was true. He said it matter of fact. The the tone condescending IMO.

Today was abnormal even for Oregon. Coming into the game they had been successfull on 3 of 6 2 point conversion attempts after 13 TDs scored.

2015 they were 0 for 4 after 70 TDs scored

2014 they were 4 for 7 after 88 TDs scored

2013 they were 2 for 6 after 80 TDs scored

2012 they were 4 for 6 after 89 TDs scored

2011 they were 5 for 7 after 88 TDs scored

2010 they were 7 for 8 after 80 TDs scored

• Fire 1

+1 My thinking too. They were so prepared and ready for those gimmicky 2 point tries. It paid off.