Upcoming Schedule

I know we need to take each game one week at a time, but in looking at the next 4 games, they are all definitely winnable. I would argue that the Indiana game would be our biggest challenge. Should we be fortunate to win all 4, that would put us at 7-0 heading into Madison.

Now in looking at Wisconsin's schedule, they have the most difficult schedule in the Big Ten in my opinion. Here are their next 5 games:

1. At Michigan State

2. At Michigan

3. Home against Ohio State

4. At Iowa

5. Home against Nebraska

I really am not sure any team in the country has as tough of a 5-game stretch as they do, and it will be interesting to see their pysche when we play them

• Fire 1

They struggled yesterday. Sure they beat LSU, but that team was incredibly over rated. Their next 5 games are going to crush their psyche, I honestly expect them to go 1-4 in those contests.

That said, they will still give us a game in Madison. I expect us to be able to go beat them and get a huge monkey off our back, but we have a long road to get there and it will be a battle when we arrive.

I know we need to take each game one week at a time, but in looking at the next 4 games, they are all definitely winnable. I would argue that the Indiana game would be our biggest challenge. Should we be fortunate to win all 4, that would put us at 7-0 heading into Madison.

Now in looking at Wisconsin's schedule, they have the most difficult schedule in the Big Ten in my opinion. Here are their next 5 games:

1. At Michigan State

2. At Michigan

3. Home against Ohio State

4. At Iowa

5. Home against Nebraska

I really am not sure any team in the country has as tough of a 5-game stretch as they do, and it will be interesting to see their pysche when we play them

Nice post. Wow, Bucky does have a tough stretch there. Will wait until we see some more games from both of our teams before analyzing this one closer. I suspect they will be gunning for us. This is the best rivalry in the BIG West...Neb vs. Wis.

Yeah, just look at the mighty Alabama for example. I'll bet Sabin got a good belly laugh when he saw they'd be playing Kentucky on Oct. 1 while Wisconsin travels to Michigan. And he'll be rolling on the ground laughing on Oct. 15 when Bama plays Tennessee and Wisconsin plays Ohio State.

Alabama sched:

Sept. 3__USC

Sept. 10_Western Kentucky

Sept. 17_Ole Miss

Sept. 24_Kent State

Oct. 1___Kentucky

Oct. 8___Arkansas

Oct. 15__Tennessee

Oct. 22__aTm

Oct. 27__bye

Nov. 5___LSU

Nov. 12__Mississippi State

Nov. 19__Chattanooga

Nov. 26__Auburn

Bama is a tough team. They don't have a tough schedule.

Yeah, just look at the mighty Alabama for example. I'll bet Sabin got a good belly laugh when he saw they'd be playing Kentucky on Oct. 1 while Wisconsin travels to Michigan. And he'll be rolling on the ground laughing on Oct. 15 when Bama plays Tennessee and Wisconsin plays Ohio State.

Alabama sched:

Sept. 3__USC

Sept. 10_Western Kentucky

Sept. 17_Ole Miss

Sept. 24_Kent State

Oct. 1___Kentucky

Oct. 8___Arkansas

Oct. 15__Tennessee

Oct. 22__aTm

Oct. 27__bye

Nov. 5___LSU

Nov. 12__Mississippi State

Nov. 19__Chattanooga

Nov. 26__Auburn

Bama is a tough team. They don't have a tough schedule.

Arky might be their toughest game. I'm curious as to how the Big Ten arrives at their schedule. Is it done by computer or human effort. Either way why would they allow a team to have 5 huge games in a row. Or stating it another way why do they allow teams beside OSU and Mechicken to have 5 tough games in a row?

I would agree from an opposing team standpoint that Indiana is going to be our biggest challenge, and there may be temptation to look ahead to Wisky by the staff--if they do, there's going to get snakebitten by this Indiana team.

But I'd say the biggest challenge is the team getting out of its own way. We saw bad whiffs on defense (e.g. the 4th down TD by Oregon, the 3rd and Goal TD by Oregon) that happened not because Oregon was better than us, but because we played sloppy and complacent on defense.

If our coaches can maintain a killer instinct (e.g. the OC and DC remembering what got them the lead against Oregon to begin with in the 4th quarter) and our players can play a full 60 minutes of football, there's only one or two teams we would worry about in this entire conference, and none of them are in the B1G West.

Until that happens, though...

^This.

We need to get past Northwestern...I just wish we would blow them out like we should be able too, but for whatever reason there is a mental block against them!

We are going to blow them the eff out on Saturday. They are a dumpster fire and we finally have a big dose of confidence and swagger.