So, what do you need to see this weekend vs NW...just a win?

teachercd

I don't care if the score is close, but I want to see this team play without one of our patented WTF moments.

If we can't get the running game going, that's fine. Just don't hit the WR with the snap during a jet sweep.

If we can't get the short passing game going, that's fine. Just don't whiff on a backward pass.

If we can't get the medium/long passing game working, that's fine. Just don't want to see any balls thrown directly at defenders.

I can live with any final score if we play a clean game, especially if it's a W.

Just win, move on, stay healthy. Would be great to see the Huskers kind of control the game from start to finish. I think they can do it for three quarters.

NWU has always sold out against the run. Even with Taylor Martinez and Ameer back there, it's hard to get yards on the ground. At times it gets frustrating. So they force us to throw it, hoping we make some mistakes. But the passing lanes will be there more often then running the ball up the middle. Just can't get seduced into going Air Coryell when it opens up, and then giving up the ground game. Have to be balance in this one. So it'll be interesting to see what OCDL does. He tends to get pass happy after a few completions.

I keep seeing "Just win" in this thread and I'm not really understanding that logic. Are people going to be happy if we win 35-32 like we did against Oregon when we're playing a crappier than usual Northwestern? Oregon is 10x the team Northwestern is. That would not be moving forward IMO, in fact, I might even consider it regression. The fashion in which this game is won is pretty important IMO.

I keep seeing "Just win" in this thread and I'm not really understanding that logic. Are people going to be happy if we win 35-32 like we did against Oregon when we're playing a crappier than usual Northwestern? Oregon is 10x the team Northwestern is. That would not be moving forward IMO, in fact, I might even consider it regression. The fashion in which this game is won is pretty important IMO.

No, people won't be happy if that happens, but most would hopefully recognize that it doesn't really matter how good Northwestern is - they always give us a dog fight.

2011 Northwestern ended the season 6-7 and beat us, as a top 10 team, at home, 28-25.

2012 Northwestern ended up pretty damn good, but was a missed field goal as time expired from winning again. Lost 28-29.

2013 Northwestern ended up 5-7, and lost to us on a Hail Mary at home, 24-27.

2014 Northwestern was also 5-7, and is also the only time neither team won by 3 points or less, with us winning 38-17.

2015 Northwestern was a good team, but won when we failed to tie on a 2 point conversion, 30-28.

This doesn't mean people will be jumping for joy for a win no matter what. But it does mean that we'd do well to realize that despite how good we are, and despite how good they are, history has shown that this has a good chance of ending up as a one possession game.

"....need to see this weekend".....for me, it is one more morning I can get out of bed.

"....want to see this weekend".......a victory of any sort first of all......a solid game in all aspects of offense, defense and special teams (that's asking a lot isn't it...heh heh)......a big enough margin of victory that second/third teams get some playing time. A business like attitude.and

....and some cute cheerleaders.

Need vs want

Need a win - one game at a time. Remember last year? Plus all white uniforms

Want a blow out, pass the eye test and no injuries.

83011.png