What occupation do you wish you pursued?

Traveling has always been a big thing for me. I'm 24 and it's certainly still a possibility just not here in Omaha, but I always thought I'd make well as a steward. Odd I know but the travel, life in the moment not settling life suits me. And I also wouldn't mind the odd hours and long flights.

So everyone who wishes they'd gone into something else, why not change now? Sure you'd take a cut in pay for a while. And probably other sacrifices as well. But then you wouldn't have to wonder "what if..." Just sayin.. :lol:

Microbrewery owner, I think it would be fun, but I think the market is getting pretty saturated. There are only so many different varations of beer you can do. I think it would be hard to make it even a break even venture now.

IDK, Bud and Coors still have yuge market share. That tells me there is plenty of room left for good beer. Probably wouldn't get rich but I sure think you could make a living at it in the right area.

I too have thought about this. May still one day do a combination microbrewery and barbeque place. Can't think of anything better than smoking meat and making beer for a living. Problem is, the business end of it doesn't seem too appealing but brew master or pitmaster....hell yeah.

So everyone who wishes they'd gone into something else, why not change now? Sure you'd take a cut in pay for a while. And probably other sacrifices as well. But then you wouldn't have to wonder "what if..." Just sayin.. :lol:

Give me a few years and I may have something for you. I'll even give you $20 off your first month's membership and a free fitness assessment (but ONLY if you sign up for a membership RIGHT NOW :P )

I always wanted to be in law enforcement, ever since I was a little kid, I grew up around it so it was natural for me to go into that field. As I've gotten older and gotten into weight lifting and exercising more and more I would like to own my own gym someday. Nothing huge, something like an Anytime Fitness or something like that. If the one that is in the city I live in ever goes up for sale I'm going to have a hard time not going after that! I'm not leaving law enforcement though. 15 more years and hello retirement! Maybe I'll buy one just before I retire and that'll be my retirement gig.

I have been involved with fitness my entire life and have worked in fitness-related ventures in a few different capacities. I never really thought about going further with it other than getting some certs to help me maximize individual performance and to teach friends, but as I've gotten older, I've thought about how rewarding a career in fitness could be. I have a friend who has similar passion and we have talked about a unique idea to open a facility that is primarily strength and conditioning based, but is also heavily focused on promoting public health and general wellness practices to a wide population. We will see if things ever progress from fun conversations :lol:

Also, as ironic as it sounds, looking back, I wish I would have pursued a career with the U.S. State Department out of college. I would have loved to have worked in a number of different embassy locations and capacities around the world. Those gigs are TOUGH to get though.

A friend's son did this. He's been all over the world, working in several embassies. Got his degree from George Washington, interned on The Hill, the whole shebang. Apparently loves his work and really feels fulfilled.

Because I'm halfway through my career with a guaranteed retirement at the end of it. No reason to stop now, in 15 more years I'll be 51 and I'll be able to start another career then.

I am happy with what I pursued. I love coaching, and I love being around positive kids. The negative ones make me want to pull my hair out because they don't realize the kind of potential they have.

The only thing I would change is to add Junior High PE classes and do less elementary PE. Our JH sports are the last period of the day and count toward the students getting PE. I don't think that's right in theory even if it does help us get numbers out for the sport so kids can still ride buses home.

If I were to pick anything else I would like to own a sports bar.

Because I would have to go back to school and probably be in my upper 50s when done

True, but you'll be in your upper 50s anyway. In a career you don't like.