If the Election was Today

Current Vote  

52 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hillary is like chemo. She's a poison that you would never, ever put in your body if you had a choice.

The problem is, Trump is a cancer. He'll kill this country. You take the chemo because it's a better option than the cancer, not because you like or want the chemo.

If Hillary is like chemo, I would sooner die from cancer than take her kind of poison. I really don't like Trump, but I REALLY don't like Hillary. I don't like the "vote for Hillary because I feel she is the lesser of two evils" approach.

Although I disagree completely... good response.

That out of the way, people who say she's the most corrupt politician ever are full of beans. She's the norm. The norm needs to change, but people need to stop being fooled. The accusers are likely just as bad or worse than Clinton.

I'm sorry, I very rarely post these days because we have a two month old at home and a five year old with Angelmans Syndrome that never sleeps so I just don't do that much other than survive. This will be my last post in this forum because it just gets me too worked up to talk about the election. I would rather have a beer and forget that our country has sunk so low that Hillary and Donald are our "best" two options this year.

• Fire 1

I'm sorry, I very rarely post these days because we have a two month old at home and a five year old with Angelmans Syndrome that never sleeps so I just don't do that much other than survive. This will be my last post in this forum because it just gets me too worked up to talk about the election. I would rather have a beer and forget that our country has sunk so low that Hillary and Donald are our "best" two options this year.

When we find out this whole election cycle has been a conspiracy from the beginning and Hillary is ousted from office in disgrace we'll all feel better.

• Fire 1

First LOMs, your response/quote from my last post herein, sums it up for me with regards to this election. I will sit this one out.

Second, Knapp and others, I side with BRI on the issue that on the surface, it appears anytime someone suggest they lean Trump, the quotes and heavy replies to that individual are 10 fold to those who suggest they lean Clinton. Somewhere in this or the General Election thread, someone stated that those who decide to vote and are are still leaning towards the Trump camp, are less intelligent and so forth. While I won't assume this to be true, I can say that this in itself, shows favor towards the Hillary camp (even if using the lesser of two evils status). Also, LOMs, you asking those who are still on the fence to validate the "why", questioning what they perceive or how they can lean Trump, otherwise; "how in the hell can you vote for Trump" places people in a defensive posture, thus, they raise the issues that surround Hillary, that they may feel are just as henous or intolerable (to them).

Maybe BRI is on the fence on what he would like to do, is now disappointed (as am I) that the (hopeful change) to our current administration, direction and plans has to go through Trump, who at the beginning of this election seemed like an option to many. I am not trying to speak for him as he needs no one to stand up for his views or opinions, but from my perspective, I can see why he feels as he does. He is not saying TRUMP is king, but he is also not able to say that Hillary is the answer that he would vote for.

In a nut shell, I have tried my damness to find positives in either of our choices. I have also weighed all the issues that are against each of them. Coming from a law enforcement background myself, I look at the, right and wrong, good and bad, black and white, rational and irrational, responsible and iresponsible, dispositions and proven track records. To me, it is troubling to feel as I do, but I am not willing to vote for either of these candidates due to my findings/beliefs/desires.

I truely think, the masses are so tired of the status quo that has been in the white house for so very long, that the only option they have to create "some sort of change" is a lean towards Trump.

What may come of it if Trump wins?

Who can honestly predict the outcome (good or bad)? One thing is for sure, we can all agree that there most likely would be some sort of changes, (yes, good or bad)

What may come of it if Hillary wins? Once again, hard to tell but yet, more predictable!

Much of the same we have experienced for a very, very long time, which is why some are looking for an option other than status quo.

Again all, I am very patriotic and feel a sense of duty to vote, but using the lesser of two evils scenario to make my selection in this election, is not within me in such a situation. To me, the lesser of two evils scenario only covers situations such as whereby it is justified. Example; in the case of letting someone get run over by a bus, or me committing assault on that person (pushing them out of the way causing injury) but saving their life, that is the only time the lessor of two evils would be an acceptable choice (to me anyway).

End of rant, carry on!

• Fire 2

When we find out this whole election cycle has been a conspiracy from the beginning and Hillary is ousted from office in disgrace we'll all feel better.

:) LOL, this would work for me. Then we would start this all over again, with two more astonishing well spoken, honest and ethical representatives of all us US Citizens!

Alright here's a positive.

If Clinton is elected she will probably lose in 2020.

If Trump is elected he will probably lose in 2020. But he's more likely to do a sh#t-ton of harm to the country than is the status quo which is what we'll get with Clinton.

The only reason I see to vote for Trump is if you think he can actually make a difference in abortion laws. I've tried and tried to think of any other reason and I can't find it. I mean, the gun issue could potentially be one but Clinton isn't going to abolish the 2nd amendment. That's just what the people who make $ off of guns want you to think. If you're really gungho about Trump's plan to deregulate, get rid of the Environmental Protection Agency and Department of Education and most food safety laws, I don't have a response to that. And don't say he changed his mind on that. When Trump changes his mind, it's on something he said 24 hours ago. I'm okay with people changing their mind on an issue in 20 years, or even 5-10 years. When someone changes their mind that often, you can't prepare for or predict what stupid thing they might do from day to day.

Alright here's a positive.

If Clinton is elected she will probably lose in 2020.

If Trump is elected he will probably lose in 2020. But he's more likely to do a sh#t-ton of harm to the country than is the status quo which is what we'll get with Clinton.

The only reason I see to vote for Trump is if you think he can actually make a difference in abortion laws. I've tried and tried to think of any other reason and I can't find it. I mean, the gun issue could potentially be one but Clinton isn't going to abolish the 2nd amendment. That's just what the people who make $ off of guns want you to think. If you're really gungho about Trump's plan to deregulate, get rid of the Environmental Protection Agency and Department of Education and most food safety laws, I don't have a response to that. And don't say he changed his mind on that. When Trump changes his mind, it's on something he said 24 hours ago. I'm okay with people changing their mind on an issue in 20 years, or even 5-10 years. When someone changes their mind that often, you can't prepare for or predict what stupid thing they might do from day to day.

I'm unsure Trump would even come to term.

Second, Knapp and others, I side with BRI on the issue that on the surface, it appears anytime someone suggest they lean Trump, the quotes and heavy replies to that individual are 10 fold to those who suggest they lean Clinton. Somewhere in this or the General Election thread, someone stated that those who decide to vote and are are still leaning towards the Trump camp, are less intelligent and so forth. While I won't assume this to be true, I can say that this in itself, shows favor towards the Hillary camp (even if using the lesser of two evils status). Also, LOMs, you asking those who are still on the fence to validate the "why", questioning what they perceive or how they can lean Trump, otherwise; "how in the hell can you vote for Trump" places people in a defensive posture, thus, they raise the issues that surround Hillary, that they may feel are just as henous or intolerable (to them).

If you, or anyone, thinks there is unfair bashing of Trump supporters going on in this forum, I encourage you to hit the Report button and have an Admin check out the situation.

They'll tell you that this forum has always been a place where ideas and beliefs are discussed and challenged. That is the nature of this forum. They will tell you that Trump supporters have not been unfairly persecuted, and that asking for explanations of why someone could support one of the worst candidates for president in 100 years is exactly what this forum is about.

This is twice in this thread that I've been called out by name. I have no qualms about how I've conducted myself in this or any other political discussion. If you or anyone would like an Admin to confirm that, I'm sure they'll be happy to oblige you.

If you, or anyone, thinks there is unfair bashing of Trump supporters going on in this forum, I encourage you to hit the Report button and have an Admin check out the situation.

They'll tell you that this forum has always been a place where ideas and beliefs are discussed and challenged. That is the nature of this forum. They will tell you that Trump supporters have not been unfairly persecuted, and that asking for explanations of why someone could support one of the worst candidates for president in 100 years is exactly what this forum is about.

This is twice in this thread that I've been called out by name. I have no qualms about how I've conducted myself in this or any other political discussion. If you or anyone would like an Admin to confirm that, I'm sure they'll be happy to oblige you.

LOL really Knapp, hit the report button?

You know I respect your view points and always have. You mention being called out in this thread as if I was slighting you or as if what people say here has been offensive to me. I am not slighting you and I am not offended, the only reason I brought your name into this is because you were addressing BRI and were an integral part of him defending his stance. I don't care what you say, how you say it, nor do I look for you to defend your position. You have every right to feel as you desire to feel. I was simply sharing why BRI may feel as he does.

Look, go through the threads and tell me that I am wrong, with my 10 to 1 comment. I am not saying this board or anyone in particular is being unfair, just pointing out the obvious. To many, this 10 - 1 ration can be logically explained (from their perspective). Again, I am not saying Trump has not made his own bed and he has been an embarrassment, yet, for those of us who would like a significant change to our current direction, Hillary is not worthy of defending either.

Note, I brought LOMs name up too, and I respect his view points here on the board as well, again, not to disparage him or his views, just explaining why BRI could feel as he does.

That's all, relax my man, I have zero axe to grind with you or anyone. Simply sharing my opinion in this discussion.

So what do you want, Takoda?

I want this nightmare of an election to be done with.

I want my kids to have a future, choices, opportunity.

I want fairness in all aspects of life, equality, the freedoms that our constitution has afforded us.

I want a safe environment for all our kids as they grow up and make their own choices.

I want our health services to be such that treatment for illnesses, injury are afforded to all equally, not based on $ one has.

I want to feel the pride that used to come with being a US Citizen.

I want there to be a GOD who loves us, as touted in our religious teachings.

I want a fair wage for all who put in a good days work.

I want to feel optimistic with regards to where the human race is heading.

I want war to end everywhere.

I want world famine to be a distant memory.

I want taxes to be fairly assessed to all in a way that everyone pays the same share based on their income.

I want honest and ethical leaders who have all our best interest at heart.

Throw in a good ribeye dinner for good measure and this will be a good start.

• Fire 4

So what do you want, Takoda?

I want this nightmare of an election to be done with.

I want my kids to have a future, choices, opportunity.

I want fairness in all aspects of life, equality, the freedoms that our consittution has afforded us.

I want a safe environment for all our kids as they grow up and make their own choices.

I want our health services to be such that treatment for illnesses, injury are afforded to all equally, not baseed on $ one has.

I want to feel the pride that used to come with being a US Citizen.

I want there to be a GOD who loves us, as touted in our religious teachings.

I want a fair wage for all who put in a good days work.

I want to feel optimistic with regards to where the human race is heading.

I want war to end everywhere.

I want world famine to be a distant memory.

I want taxes to be fairly assess to all in a way that everyone pays the same share based on their income.

I want honest and ethical leaders who have all our best interest at heart.

Throw in a good ribeye dinner for good measure and this will be a good start.

Agreed. +1