What did we learn-Indiana edition

I learned our O-line is in bad, bad shape. We need to somehow get healthy and/or get other guys ready to play. 90% our our problems on offense today were on the offensive line. Plays were blown up before they started. Blocks were missed. Protections failed. We'll lose several more games this year if we can't get the O-line shored up.

I learned Indiana is a pretty good team this year, particularly on defense. If their running/wildcat QB Diamont could execute more of their offense we would have lost.

6-0 is better than 5-0 and 5-1.

I learned the players watch/see ESPN gameday and were offended at the segment on Nebraska.

“Other people may laugh at us — talking about 'Are we real?' or 'Are we a great team?'” Armstrong said. “Great teams win games. That's all I've got to say about it.” ~ OWH story

I love that quote by TA. I hope ESPN keeps on laughing as we keep on winning games.

Is it the coaches or the players? I'm thinking it's mostly the players not having the ability or just not getting it done. Poor blocking, lousy accuracy and touch on passes, etc....talented players make it happen... So-so players need a miracle.

Sure , boneheaded play calls don't help, but great players make something out of nothing with their athletic ability.

I learned our O-line is in bad, bad shape. We need to somehow get healthy and/or get other guys ready to play. 90% our our problems on offense today were on the offensive line. Plays were blown up before they started. Blocks were missed. Protections failed. We'll lose several more games this year if we can't get the O-line shored up.

I learned Indiana is a pretty good team this year, particularly on defense. If their running/wildcat QB Diamont could execute more of their offense we would have lost.

6-0 is better than 5-0 and 5-1.

I learned the players watch/see ESPN gameday and were offended at the segment on Nebraska.

“Other people may laugh at us — talking about 'Are we real?' or 'Are we a great team?'” Armstrong said. “Great teams win games. That's all I've got to say about it.” ~ OWH story

I love that quote by TA. I hope ESPN keeps on laughing as we keep on winning games.

This team hasn't won anything that is noteworthy or anything that proves they are "real" yet. Wisconsin will be the first testimate. With that said, TA makes a great point. All that matter is winning games. Say what you want about the guy, he has an extremely healthy mentality.

Is it the coaches or the players? I'm thinking it's mostly the players not having the ability or just not getting it done. Poor blocking, lousy accuracy and touch on passes, etc....talented players make it happen... So-so players need a miracle.

Sure , boneheaded play calls don't help, but great players make something out of nothing with their athletic ability.

What is this comment in reference to? It can't be about the Huskers who are 6-0 and getting it done. Tommy summed it up well in his post-game presser, haters can keep hating, Nebraska will keep focused on winning every game. This has to be a rough season so far for all the anti-fans out there.

Winning 6 games out of 6 is noteworthy.

Really, so beating the teams we have should bring us notoriety? How about we beat a team in the top 10 or maybe two to validate it.

polo has his grumpy face on......

Really. I mean this is the first thing you think of on a Sunday morning after Nebraska picks up its sixth win and remains undefeated this season.

giphy.gif

Winning 6 games out of 6 is noteworthy.

Really, so beating the teams we have should bring us notoriety? How about we beat a team in the top 10 or maybe two to validate it.

polo has his grumpy face on......

Really. I mean this is the first thing you think of on a Sunday morning after Nebraska picks up its sixth win and remains undefeated this season.

giphy.gif

First thing I thought of was biscuits and gravy...so I made some.

Then I looked at the ND board...wow

Now I am going to check out the MSU board and see how bad it looks...

Then I am going to keep being freaking happy that Nebraska is 6-0!

• Fire 1

What is this comment in reference to? It can't be about the Huskers who are 6-0 and getting it done. Tommy summed it up well in his post-game presser, haters can keep hating, Nebraska will keep focused on winning every game. This has to be a rough season so far for all the anti-fans out there.

No, it's just a general opinion about who is most responsible for winning or losing the game. I hear this debate going on throughout the game thread and have come to the Barry Switzer conclusion that it's mostly the Jimmys and Joes who make it happen on the field much more than the play calling. You hear a lot of "why did he call this, why did he call that" during the game, but never much about why the players did nothing with the two plays before that.....or conversely why great players always seem to make something out of nothing. It wasn't directed at anyone in particular.

We still don't have a punt return.

Langs is still calling stupid sh#t

Tommy still makes bad choices when he is pressured

Banker still doesn't bring it when he should

Indiana is better than their record

The three teams that beat them have a combined record of 17-2. And, those two losses were by Wake Forest to NCST who just took Clemson to OT and to #14 FSU (17-6).

Only saw the first quarter before the wedding. Saw the Wisconsin-Ohio State game later. OurD-line must improve their pressure on the QB and maintain their lanes to contain JT Barrett. They like to throw under to their backs and the Wisky LBs and some of the D-backs were slow to come up and frequently missed tackles. The Blackshirts will need tone at their best.