Embrace Your Inner Hawkeye

ADS

...he's not wrong.

If we go 12-0 beating Wisconsin and Ohio State, he will be wrong only in the sense of we aren't exactly 100% the same as Iowa, but the general point will still stand at least in part. More than anything I think Dirk is just saying don't take it so personally when 'outsiders' don't think we're a legitimate top 10 team - they have good reason to think so. Think of the way we looked at Iowa and that's the way people looked at us, and it isn't more or less inaccurate or unfair just because we're Nebraska.

I also agree. We've played a very weak schedule thus far, comparable to Iowa's entire season last year (although they did show up for Wisconsin). We'll have to bring our A game to beat Wisconsin, and we'll need a miracle to beat OSU. Regardless, Iowa is a dumpster fire this year. If we don't beat them, I'm moving to Canada.

The big difference is we can really prove our metal by the end of the season

How are we going to prove our aluminium, or steel, or copper or maybe bronze?

I think you meant mettle. :D

nope. We have the strongest metal of all of the metals. Everyone thinks our metal is of low quality, but in truth we are of the highest quality material, able to withstand any amount of stress
  • Fire 1

We'll end up with a better schedule than Iowa did last year.

Yeah, our sched is definitely tougher. Iowa did win in Camp Randall though. (I had to look that up, btw. And I was surprised to find out they beat Wiscy on the road. LINK)

This years Wisconsin is much, MUCH better than last year.

Oh, Badgers this year are maybe a little better. But last year's Badger team was pretty good. Only three losses. Bama, Iowa and an inexplicable loss to Northwestern.

We'll end up with a better schedule than Iowa did last year.

Yeah, our sched is definitely tougher. Iowa did win in Camp Randall though. (I had to look that up, btw. And I was surprised to find out they beat Wiscy on the road. LINK)

This years Wisconsin is much, MUCH better than last year.

Oh, Badgers this year are maybe a little better. But last year's Badger team was pretty good. Only three losses. Bama, Iowa and an inexplicable loss to Northwestern.

I wish people would realize that sh#t happens in college football. If we beat OSU, it will be considered an inexplicable loss. If Bama loses to anyone, it will be considered an inexplicable loss.

If we lose to anyone but OSU and WI this year, it will be inexplicable.

Up through this point, sure.

But if we end up at 12-0 we will have had much tougher competition than Iowa had last year.

Not even up to this point. Who did Iowa play in first 6 games last year that compares to Oregon? Yes, I know Oregons record.
Illinois State 31-14

@ Iowa State 31-17

Pittsburgh 27-24

North Texas 62-16

@ Wisconsin 10-6

Illinois 29-20

@ Northwestern 40-10

Maryland 31-15

@ Indiana 35-27

Minnesota 40-35

Purdue 40-20

@ Nebraska 28-20

• Fire 1

Dirk makes some good points in his article, I am sure he just wanted to be snarky by saying Husker fans should embrace being like Hawkeye fans this year, so that's all Husker fans are going to think about.

I think Dirk is a great writer, his snarkiness gets in his way sometimes.

When Dirk does thinkpieces, he's great.

When he does local beat stories, he's an assclown.

But if we end up at 12-0 we will have had much tougher competition than Iowa had last year.

Not even up to this point. Who did Iowa play in first 6 games last year that compares to Oregon? Yes, I know Oregons record.

Illinois State 31-14

@ Iowa State 31-17

Pittsburgh 27-24

North Texas 62-16

@ Wisconsin 10-6

Illinois 29-20

@ Northwestern 40-10

Maryland 31-15

@ Indiana 25-27 35-27

Minnesota 40-35

Purdue 40-20

@ Nebraska 28-20

FIFY. Typo on that Indy score. :thumbs:

Thanks for the Hawk's 2015 sched. +1

Wisconsin

You think Wisconsin was a better win last year than oregon this year? That's crazy talk. We had Wisconsin beat and we were 2015 Nebraska.