Injury updates

mwj98

It's possible...I'm just saying "possible" that our best chance to get to Indy is to start Fyfe if Armstrong is relatively hampered by the hamstring injury.

Throw the WR screens just like we did against Minnesota. Run some tosses to the outside, the jet sweeps, some reverses. If we're in trouble at halftime, bring Tommy into the game.

But can you imagine playing Iowa with a relatively injured Armstrong? That would be bad. I realize how risky this seems against Maryland to start Fyfe, but how do we beat Iowa with an injured Armstrong?

It's possible...I'm just saying "possible" that our best chance to get to Indy is to start Fyfe if Armstrong is relatively hampered by the hamstring injury.

Throw the WR screens just like we did against Minnesota. Run some tosses to the outside, the jet sweeps, some reverses. If we're in trouble at halftime, bring Tommy into the game.

But can you imagine playing Iowa with a relatively injured Armstrong? That would be bad. I realize how risky this seems against Maryland to start Fyfe, but how do we beat Iowa with an injured Armstrong?

You may be right. If he is hampered by a nagging injury that a week off would help...start Fyfe and keep Tommy ready to go if needed.

But....I'm sure the kid is a great kid and works his ass of to be the best he can be. I don't like saying this about any player. But, I have very little faith in being able to win either of the next two games with Fyfe. I really wish I didn't feel that way. But....it's reality.

If we start Fyfe, I really hope Tommy is at least available if needed.

For sure.

I assume that Fyfe can throw those WR screens fairly well. Maryland would probably blitz like crazy. Doing plays that involve dumping the ball quickly to the outside could eliminate Fyfe worrying constantly about pressure.

We'll see what happens. Crazy that Tommy pulls the hamstring on the play that wins the game against the Gophers. So unlucky, but so glad he got the ball into the end zone!

Agree with the game plan you mentioned. As I said above, identify what Fyfe can do and do it. I liked the screen game against Minnie to get them out of the box. Use motion to pull a lb out of the box. A healthy Oz will help to blast into that DL. If Fyfe can hit those passes, that'd be the way to go. Let him be a game manager and simply distribute the ball to the play makers. Almost a mantra of all we need you to do is not lose......manage the game. Limit mistakes and don't go for a single game record of INT's. Throw the ball away and let the D win.....

Assuming that Fyfe can throw screen passes is quite an assumption.

I can't even recall the last time I saw him complete a pass period. It's like his definition of success (I don't mean to rag on the kid because I'm sure he gives just as much devotion as anyone) is to just succeed in the fact of throwing the ball to a general area, with no thought towards actual, you know, completions.

I can't even recall the last time I saw him complete a pass period. It's like his definition of success (I don't mean to rag on the kid because I'm sure he gives just as much devotion as anyone) is to just succeed in the fact of throwing the ball to a general area, with no thought towards actual, you know, completions.

The key is identifying what Fyfe can do. In the passing game, from the plays this season, I too am unsure what those would be. I would hope that in year 2, Langs can figure something out.

Last game he played he had a higher completion percentage than TA.

With equal number of Pick-6's thrown.

• Fire 1

Wrong