Injury updates

mwj98

Tommy Armstrong could "barely run" entering Iowa game, Fyfe said. "I mean, he has a torn hamstring..." Armstrong status for bowl uncertain.

0 replies0 retweets0 likes
Retweet
More

This bowl is going to be interesting.

I'd be repping Darlington for this game. The QB whisperer has a month to get him ready. Fyfe can be his back up. Bad times when we have no one capable of taking a snap.....If TA has torn hammy and still played, that was an incredibly poor decision IMO.

• Fire 4

I'd be repping Darlington for this game. The QB whisperer has a month to get him ready. Fyfe can be his back up. Bad times when we have no one capable of taking a snap.....If TA has torn hammy and still played, that was an incredibly poor decision IMO.

Fyfe will be fine by the game. Just limited now. Still 2.5 weeks away. That will be six weeks from surgery.

But Fyfe and Darlington were splitting reps, fwiw.

Im interested in knowing, with 4 days to prepare for the Iowa game, TA has a torn Hammy and all of a sudden Fyfe can't take a ball from center.....who do you think should have played QB with a realistic chance to actually be ready to run an offense?

Im interested in knowing, with 4 days to prepare for the Iowa game, TA has a torn Hammy and all of a sudden Fyfe can't take a ball from center.....who do you think should have played QB with a realistic chance to actually be ready to run an offense?

If the main problem was taking snaps from under center - which has mainly been what was stated - they could always ... you know ... not take snaps from under center.

If the main problem was taking snaps from under center - which has mainly been what was stated - they could always ... you know ... not take snaps from under center.

I would have gone wildcat the whole game or had Fyfe in the shotgun or pistol. No way in hell would I have had TA risk further injury by trying to play on a torn hammy. Not only further injury to the hamstring, but being on the field and physically unable to move to avoid contact and/or protect himself. Now maybe it was a strain and he tore it against Iowa..... Thats a possibility.

It just goes to show the dismal depth that this program is in across the board...... Not blaming Riley, nor attacking Bo. Its a simple fact that were are currently woefully prepared to replace any injured players in some positions, QB the most glaring.....

So fo all intensive purposes, our plan this year was to carry 2 QB's....TA and Fyfe. No real thought or plan if Fyfe went down earlier in the year? Just asking. Was th plan if Fyfe goes out prior to week "X", we burn the shirt. After that, we just lose?

Again, I'd be getting Darlington ready to start.

I would have gone wildcat the whole game or had Fyfe in the shotgun or pistol. No way in hell would I have had TA risk further injury by trying to play on a torn hammy. Not only further injury to the hamstring, but being on the field and physically unable to move to avoid contact and/or protect himself. Now maybe it was a strain and he tore it against Iowa..... Thats a possibility.

It just goes to show the dismal depth that this program is in across the board...... Not blaming Riley, nor attacking Bo. Its a simple fact that were are currently woefully prepared to replace any injured players in some positions, QB the most glaring.....

So fo all intensive purposes, our plan this year was to carry 2 QB's....TA and Fyfe. No real thought or plan if Fyfe went down earlier in the year? Just asking. Was th plan if Fyfe goes out prior to week "X", we burn the shirt. After that, we just lose?

I am sure that AJ Bush transferring in mid-August didn't exactly help matters. It didn't exactly give them a ton of time to figure out another option before the season. I think that is prime reason number one they want a walk on qb for depth.

I am sure that AJ Bush transferring in mid-August didn't exactly help matters. It didn't exactly give them a ton of time to figure out another option before the season. I think that is prime reason number one they want a walk on qb for depth.

I saw Langs comments about wanting a walk-on in 2017 to add depth as "3" is thin at that the QB spot. Yet as you mentioned, AJ left in camp. Doesn't really appear we had a plan to truly get a #3 ready IMO. Was POB that far back? Is Darlington that at risk for another concussion? Was recruiting really that crappy under Bo at the QB spot?

As injuries have shown some glaring holes, I am unsure how long it will take to get NU "back". I am guessing several more years minimum under Riley. Honestly, it would probably take several years under any coach. Even a "splash" hire....... We just appear to be a little thin in the Jimmy and Joe department. Unless we overseeing like Bama, it will be hard to get the numbers up in a class or two....

Wonder if Alonzo Moore could play QB?

We need to get someone else ready to go no doubt. I'd go in preparing that Fyfe won't make it through the game. Not because I think he will, but to truly prepare for the worst case scenario. I'd hate the time Riley and Co realize they actually needed a guy truly "ready" is when Fyfe comes out......