Injury updates

mwj98

That snap that Ryker took, looked a little "heavy" to me when he grabbed a hold of that ball. I'm probably reading into it and having a hard time describing it, but it didn't look real comfortable with that brace. Hopefully TA can start so we don't have to worry too much, that doesn't mean he's going to be able to finish the game though. *crosses fingers* I hope he can start and does get us a W in Iowa City.

Immediately thought the same. He did not like grabbing that ball. Looked painful.

Looks like he is letting the ball get into his body instead of "catching" with his hands....

This sounds .... hopeful....

Yup, this makes me feel a whole lot better! LOL Exactly my point and 'pooh pooh' to all of you who seem to think we don't need back up QBs prepared to play at a winning level.

We have about 140 guys on the team and apparently we have only 2 who are really capable (including Fyfe) of managing the offense as a QB. Last week we had our walk on back up QB playing in the second half with a broken hand! It surely negatively effected his game as the QB play declined dramatically. Either the injury or simply his play deteriorated (back to 'normal'?). If Darlington was ready to play, he surely would have with QB playing with a broken/injured hand?

Now, about three days before the game, a coach is saying that perhaps one of the three quarterbacks (bad hamstring to our unquestioned, head and shoulders above all others starter) or (broken hand following surgery a few days ago with about 10 quarters of game time in 4 years on the team number 2 guy) or (untried QB with concussion history suggesting high risk he should NOT play as our third stringer. POB is obviously not to be considered as a QB on the team since playing him would be enormously costly according to many. Assuming Tommy's hamstring is injured and should be allowed to heal so he may be, hopefully, ready for the possible conference championship game and a certain bowl game, and Fyfe may not be able to execute a big part of the offense (catching shot gun snaps for example), and Darlington is at risk to long term brain injury from a third or fourth concussion injury, who do we play if POB is off limits? DPE? LOL - he's been having some issues fielding punts and we have no evidence that he is ready and able to play makeshift QB? Why don't we have another couple walk-ons on the team? Answer, in part, perhaps, is that our coaches have a history (T Martinez, Tommy A.) of playing basically ONE QB and all others sit, not even getting much mop up duty. No wonder these back up QBs quit and transfer or never come in the first place. I say, let them play a few series during the season and keep atleast three back up QBs reasonably ready to play with snaps each week running our offense. We have plenty of coaches and plenty of players for put together 4 complete offense and defense units to run plays, etc. without any difficulty. We have graduate assistants and 9 coaches who are paid big bucks. Let's have more than 50 guys ready to play. Just my opinion.

Yup, this makes me feel a whole lot better! LOL Exactly my point and 'pooh pooh' to all of you who seem to think we don't need back up QBs prepared to play at a winning level.

There is not a single person out there who doesn't think we should have backups who are prepared to play. There are, however, many people who don't believe playing 5 minutes in a football game is going to add a crapton of experience on top of the hours they spend every week at practice.

List some teams out there who give their back ups playing time when their starting QB is healthy and they're up by less than 21 points. Also, list the times we've had comfortable leads this season.

Your reason for backup QBs quitting is wrong. They quit because they're not the starter, period. It's not because they want playing time as a backup.

• Fire 2

This sounds .... hopeful....

We have about 140 guys on the team and apparently we have only 2 who are really capable (including Fyfe) of managing the offense as a QB. Last week we had our walk on back up QB playing in the second half with a broken hand! It surely negatively effected his game as the QB play declined dramatically. Either the injury or simply his play deteriorated (back to 'normal'?). If Darlington was ready to play, he surely would have with QB playing with a broken/injured hand?

Now, about three days before the game, a coach is saying that perhaps one of the three quarterbacks (bad hamstring to our unquestioned, head and shoulders above all others starter) or (broken hand following surgery a few days ago with about 10 quarters of game time in 4 years on the team number 2 guy) or (untried QB with concussion history suggesting high risk he should NOT play as our third stringer. POB is obviously not to be considered as a QB on the team since playing him would be enormously costly according to many. Assuming Tommy's hamstring is injured and should be allowed to heal so he may be, hopefully, ready for the possible conference championship game and a certain bowl game, and Fyfe may not be able to execute a big part of the offense (catching shot gun snaps for example), and Darlington is at risk to long term brain injury from a third or fourth concussion injury, who do we play if POB is off limits? DPE? LOL - he's been having some issues fielding punts and we have no evidence that he is ready and able to play makeshift QB? Why don't we have another couple walk-ons on the team? Answer, in part, perhaps, is that our coaches have a history (T Martinez, Tommy A.) of playing basically ONE QB and all others sit, not even getting much mop up duty. No wonder these back up QBs quit and transfer or never come in the first place. I say, let them play a few series during the season and keep atleast three back up QBs reasonably ready to play with snaps each week running our offense. We have plenty of coaches and plenty of players for put together 4 complete offense and defense units to run plays, etc. without any difficulty. We have graduate assistants and 9 coaches who are paid big bucks. Let's have more than 50 guys ready to play. Just my opinion.

Dude, there are two enter buttons on your keyboard and you failed to hit either one during this rant. Please, for the love of God, start using <--' Enter.

DPE has not really had any issues since the first game or two of the season, which was due to nerves and it was completely understandable based off his injury last year.

As far as who else, well Lamar Jackson was mentioned as a possible candidate (that highly touted recruit out of California). Also, you can't necessarily have 6-7 people prepared to play QB and we definitely don't have 140 guys on the team.

• Fire 1

Dude, there are two enter buttons on your keyboard and you failed to hit either one during this rant. Please, for the love of God, start using <--' Enter.

Thumbs up! I was thinking more along the lines of tl/dr myself.

There is not a single person out there who doesn't think we should have backups who are prepared to play. There are, however, many people who don't believe playing 5 minutes in a football game is going to add a crapton of experience on top of the hours they spend every week at practice.

List some teams out there who give their back ups playing time when their starting QB is healthy and they're up by less than 21 points. Also, list the times we've had comfortable leads this season.

Your reason for backup QBs quitting is wrong. They quit because they're not the starter, period. It's not because they want playing time as a backup.

Missouri under Pinkle would regularly give QB #2 1 or 2 series in the second quarter. Tebow at Florida would take over in the red zone.

And I am assuming you don't mean when you have a 2 QB system.