Win or Lose What do you want to see Out of Nebraska against Wisconsin

Will you guys actually be happy if NU "just keeps it close". To quote the late Dennis Green "You play to win the game!!!"

Of course no one would be happy if we lost. But don't you think people would be much more frustrated with a blowout loss than a tight game that we end up losing by a couple of points? Did you feel the same after the 70-31 blowout loss to Wisconsin in the 2012 CCG as compared to last year when we got edged 23-21?

• Fire 1

Will you guys actually be happy if NU "just keeps it close". To quote the late Dennis Green "You play to win the game!!!"

Of course no one would be happy if we lost. But don't you think people would be much more frustrated with a blowout loss than a tight game that we end up losing by a couple of points? Did you feel the same after the 70-31 blowout loss to Wisconsin in the 2012 CCG as compared to last year when we got edged 23-21?

Both of those losses sucked. My reaction at the B1G blowout loss was more of "you gotta be kidding me" and I stopped watching it and joined my wife and friends for a Christmas party on our block that night. My reaction last year was "man, another crappy loss by this poorly coached team (and NU was very poorly coached last year) to a very average Wisconsin team". My feelings don't waver too much either way whether it's a blowout or a close loss. I just want to see wins.

Both of those losses sucked. My reaction at the B1G blowout loss was more of "you gotta be kidding me" and I stopped watching it and joined my wife and friends for a Christmas party on our block that night. My reaction last year was "man, another crappy loss by this poorly coached team (and NU was very poorly coached last year) to a very average Wisconsin team". My feelings don't waver too much either way whether it's a blowout or a close loss. I just want to see wins.

I guess I have a different take. Sure, I hate to lose as much as anyone. (Well, not as much as you, I guess, for the close ones anyway.) But a blowout loss bums me out more than a close loss. When I go over a close loss afterwards I think of the things we need to change or improve on to win. By contrast it's hard to even think about a blowout loss. Just too many things to fix to be able to figure out how we could have possibly won.

• Fire 1

I obviously want to see a win. But, if we lose, I want to see us competitive and have a chance to win it in the 4th. Also, if we lose, I want it to be because they make good plays instead of us doing something totally inept.

If we lose, I won't be happy. But, at least if I get my wish here, it will be respectable.

It doesn't even make any sense to me that a 70-31 loss is equal in people's minds than a 23-21 loss.

If we lose to them 23-21 in the fourth quarter, we were pretty equal in programs. We can look at probably a few plays here and there that could have gone our way to change the outcome. Hey...make some minor changes and go get them next time.

If we lose 70-31, we don't even belong on the same field.

HUGE difference.

• Fire 1

I guess I have a different take. Sure, I hate to lose as much as anyone. (Well, not as much as you, I guess, for the close ones anyway.) But a blowout loss bums me out more than a close loss. When I go over a close loss afterwards I think of the things we need to change or improve on to win. By contrast it's hard to even think about a blowout loss. Just too many things to fix to be able to figure out how we could have possibly won.

Not that I would be happy with any loss, but a blowout loss will bring out all the, "I told you they were overrated" fans and media. Would see much less of that if the team hangs tough for 4 quarters.

I obviously want to see a win. But, if we lose, I want to see us competitive and have a chance to win it in the 4th. Also, if we lose, I want it to be because they make good plays instead of us doing something totally inept.

If we lose, I won't be happy. But, at least if I get my wish here, it will be respectable.

It doesn't even make any sense to me that a 70-31 loss is equal in people's minds than a 23-21 loss.

If we lose to them 23-21 in the fourth quarter, we were pretty equal in programs. We can look at probably a few plays here and there that could have gone our way to change the outcome. Hey...make some minor changes and go get them next time.

If we lose 70-31, we don't even belong on the same field.

HUGE difference.

Interesting way to look at it.