Non-Call on Westerkamp

Mavric

From the only angle I've seen it looked like the ball was just a couple of yards away. That's only two steps. Hard to be definitive, but I certainly don't see how anyone could have been sure enough that was uncatchable, certainly not enough to negate a contact on the receiver.

Tommy's never been good at checking down, but in fairness, most times did he have enough time to find the secondary receiver? Seemed he made a lot of throws on the run or with pressure in his face.

I have a good friend who is a Wisconsin fan and HATES Nebraska, I texted him about this play as soon as the game ended and he replied " I have no idea what you are talkng about" with that sacrastic smilie emoji. It was PI should westy have let up? No, had he ran through it and ran into Watt maybe it would of drew more attention and a possible flag, live and learn, but refs are having too much effect on games (look at FSU/Clemson game)

That's a bunch of bullsh#t. Jordan keeps running that route fullspeed and he gets offensive PI, or gets hurt. There's contact altering the reciever's route while the ball is in the air by a defender. These offcials need to be held accountable. They blew the call. Bill's explanation makes that more clear to me. At least admit the mistakes.

Jimbo Fisher is right. These guys need to be held accountanle too.

• Fire 1

I'm being totally legit here: I'm not sure the non-call was all that bad. I kind of thought that during the game but wanted to watch it a bit more.

I'd really like to see another angle on this. But it looks to me like Westy slows up and I'm not sure if Watt initiated any contact.

Honestly looks like a bit of.a flop by West to me. And I'm a huge Westy fan. But I just don't see much there.

agreed so everybody quit cryin!

I'm being totally legit here: I'm not sure the non-call was all that bad. I kind of thought that during the game but wanted to watch it a bit more.

I'd really like to see another angle on this. But it looks to me like Westy slows up and I'm not sure if Watt initiated any contact.

Honestly looks like a bit of.a flop by West to me. And I'm a huge Westy fan. But I just don't see much there.

agreed so everybody quit cryin!

quit crying over everyone crying!

• Fire 3

That's a bunch of bullsh#t. Jordan keeps running that route fullspeed and he gets offensive PI, or gets hurt. There's contact altering the reciever's route while the ball is in the air by a defender. These offcials need to be held accountable. They blew the call. Bill's explanation makes that more clear to me. At least admit the mistakes.

Jimbo Fisher is right. These guys need to be held accountanle too.

yeah that last angle they show only makes it look worse. I don't see how anyone can see that as anything but some of the most obvious pass interference ever- probably the worst no call on dpi I've ever seen. That said it wasn't the sole reason for losing the game, plenty of failures by coaches and players in that game, and even getting the dpi doesn't ensure that we get in the end zone. Kind of annoying that pointing out or making the case for this being interference puts you in this camp of "crying." What a bunch of crap.
  • Fire 1