Trump's cabinet

The people who still strongly support Trump at this point probably don't mind helping defend him. They probably view their contributions as their patriotic duty or something.

The irony of struggling Americans footing the legal bills of a billionaire is almost too much.

And they will blame the democrats for everything
  • Fire 1

https://www.axios.com/exclusive-trump-ponders-rudy-giuliani-for-attorney-general-2464579234.html

Ok everyone would you prefer Giuliani or Sessions for AG or maybe even Crispy Cream Christy? :dunno:dunno Here is an interesting take on the situation. I figured Session's time was limited because he did the RIGHT THING by recusing himself from the Russian investigation.

President Trump is so unhappy with Attorney General Jeff Sessions that he has raised the possibility of bringing back Rudolph Giuliani to head the Justice Department, according to West Wing confidants.

• In internal conversations, Trump has recently pondered the idea of nominating Giuliani, a stalwart of his campaign.
  • Even before last week's blast at Sessions in a New York Times interview, Trump had expressed fury at Sessions — also one of the first prominent Republicans to back the Trump campaign — for recusing himself from the Russia investigation.
  • And in a Monday morning tweet, Trump referred to "our beleaguered A.G." not investigating Hillary Clinton.

Our thought bubble: Trump often muses about possible personnel moves that he never makes, sometimes just to gauge the listener's reaction. So the Giuliani balloon may go nowhere.

As Axios reported Saturday, Newt Gingrich — who also went all-in with the Trump campaign — may take a more visible, frequent role as a defender as Trump girds for battle with special counsel Bob Mueller.

Giuliani would have a tough time getting 50 Republicans senators to vote to confirm him. He was such an early and ardent Trump backer that he wouldn't be seen as an independent guardian of the department in these tumultuous times.

In fact, the nomination could be seen as Trump throwing gasoline on a fire. And Giuliani's stop-and-frisk police policy as New York mayor, and clients since then, also would be controversial with many senators.

Nevertheless, the leaks about Giuliani and Gingrich are revealing in four ways:

• Trump wants to surround himself with enablers and junkyard dogs, as we saw with the selection of the pugilistic Anthony Scaramucci as White House communications director.
  • Presidents like the personnel equivalent of comfort food — people with whom they have a long, happy history. Presidents often find they can only really trust people they knew before they took office, since it's hard to trust new people at the pinnacle of power.
  • Rudy and Newt were both overlooked in the first round of administration picks. By reviving some of his original band members, he's able to blame other people for his problems.
  • And the West Wing conversations show that Trump originals can always come back. Paging Chris Christie!

I worry about him canning Sessions or Sessions quitting. As much as I dislike and don't trust him, he is the key to maintaining the Mueller investigation for all intents and purposes, as the buffer between firing him. I have ZERO confidence that the GOP will do the right thing and if he fires Mueller and we go into the "constitutional crisis" that everybody claims it will launch us into I worry for us. There is nobody doing the right thing right now.

I worry about him canning Sessions or Sessions quitting. As much as I dislike and don't trust him, he is the key to maintaining the Mueller investigation for all intents and purposes, as the buffer between firing him. I have ZERO confidence that the GOP will do the right thing and if he fires Mueller and we go into the "constitutional crisis" that everybody claims it will launch us into I worry for us. There is nobody doing the right thing right now.

Firing Sessions will put a lot of pressure on the Senate to only appoint an AG who will recuse him/herself from the Mueller investigation. And it gives Repubs an opportunity to turn against Trump due to the strong similarities with Nixon. Not sure it'll play out the way Trump wants.

I agree RD. Trump fires Mueller and all hell breaks loose. He has zero loyalty wt Congressional Repubs except to pass their agenda. I think the Congressional Repubs would act quickly in their own self interest to avoid a 2018 shakedown at the polls. That shakedown may come regardless, but they don't need a Trump firing of a SP to hang around their necks.

Isn't there enough to impeach the guy just from today's tweets - he's not able to carry out the duties of the office - psyco unfit:

From Yahoo:

President Donald Trump lashed out at Attorney General Jeff Sessions and Rep. Adam Schiff, the top Democrat on the House committee investigating possible collusion between the Trump campaign and Russia, in a set of Monday morning tweets.

The president called Sessions, who he's had a strained relationship with since the attorney general recused himself from investigations related to Trump's campaign, "beleaguered" and asked why the Justice Department and Congress aren't investigating "Crooked Hillarys crimes & Russia relations."

Following up with another tweet minutes later, Trump called Schiff "sleazy" and "totally biased," and accused him of spending "all of his time on television pushing the Dem loss excuse!"

In a remarkable admission during an interview with The New York Times last week, Trump said that he would not have chosen Sessions to be attorney general had he known that he would recuse himself from the ongoing Russia investigation.

"Sessions should have never recused himself, and if he was going to recuse himself, he should have told me before he took the job and I would have picked somebody else," Trump told the Times.

We've been saying, "when x happens the GOP will stand up to him/do the right thing etc". It's been 6 months and except for a handful of women nobody has. I have far less faith than you guys. We've had enough to impeach him on for months and no movement toward that.

• Fire 1

We've been saying, "when x happens the GOP will stand up to him/do the right thing etc". It's been 6 months and except for a handful of women nobody has. I have far less faith than you guys. We've had enough to impeach him on for months and no movement toward that.

What exactly is there to impeach him on? I've seen nothing solid yet, except stupidity, and that's not a crime.

What exactly is there to impeach him on? I've seen nothing solid yet, except stupidity, and that's not a crime.

Emoluments clause.

• Fire 3

There's a gigantic difference between actively impeaching a president of your party and not confirming his AG appointee after he fired the last one.

There's a gigantic difference between actively impeaching a president of your party and not confirming his AG appointee after he fired the last one.

And you have confidence in McConnel and Ryan to lead them toward the light? (sincere question)

And you have confidence in McConnel and Ryan to lead them toward the light? (sincere question)

No, but some Repubs may pull back if Trump fires Sessions or attempts to get rid of Mueller. It only takes a few to prevent Trump from appointing a new AG. The point I was making is that getting rid of Sessions could backfire on Trump.

"No, but some Repubs may pull back if Trump fires Sessions or attempts to get rid of Mueller. It only takes a few to prevent Trump from appointing a new AG. The point I was making is that getting rid of Sessions could backfire on Trump."

Thus my concern. What's happening in the last 6 months has already been egregious, I just don't have a lot of confidence that people have a conscience or understanding of the role they serve to the public to do good and to protect.

• Fire 1