Trump's cabinet

Interesting and very believable theory:

I have had the exact same thoughts.

Sessions has done a lot of things that can rightfully be criticized. But, he finds himself in a situation where he did the right thing and the President is livid about it and trying to make his life hell over it. It appears to me that he is giving him the middle finger and is going to hold on. If he doesn't cave to the pressure, I'll have new found respect for the guy. His life right now probably isn't the most pleasant.

Make Trump fire you. If he does, it will be one more nail in the coffin of his Presidency.

Sessions can't fire Mueller since he has recused himself from the investigation, no? Rosenstein would have to do the job. So is Trump trying to get Sessions to fire Rosenstein?

Interesting and very believable theory:

I have had the exact same thoughts.

Sessions has done a lot of things that can rightfully be criticized. But, he finds himself in a situation where he did the right thing and the President is livid about it and trying to make his life hell over it. It appears to me that he is giving him the middle finger and is going to hold on. If he doesn't cave to the pressure, I'll have new found respect for the guy. His life right now probably isn't the most pleasant.

Make Trump fire you. If he does, it will be one more nail in the coffin of his Presidency.

Sessions can't fire Mueller since he has recused himself from the investigation, no? Rosenstein would have to do the job. So is Trump trying to get Sessions to fire Rosenstein?

It could go many ways - but one thought is Sessions goes one way or another, and Trump pressures Rosenstein to do it. When he says no he fires him and then it's a free for all - no rules. If the firing starts we begin the true Saturday Night Special comparisons, and hope that someone in this day and age has the balls and the conscience to do the right thing and stand up for America. The shameful thing is it shouldn't have gotten this far.

Trump is totally obsessed wt Sessions. He brings it up again - wht the Lebanese PM by his side - kind of an inappropriate time don't you think :facepalm: He knows he is in deep waters and he blames Sessions. This guy is acting like the proverbial boy with hand in cookie jar. He is guilty and he feels the snare tightening around him.

http://www.newsmax.com/Politics/trump-pick-jeff-sessions-attorney-general/2017/07/25/id/803741/

President Donald Trump said Tuesday he would not have chosen Jeff Sessions to serve as attorney general if he knew he would recuse himself from the Russia investigation.

Trump spoke about his recent criticisms of Sessions during a joint White House press conference with Lebanese Prime Minister Saad Hariri. He pointed to the recusal and the leaks that are pouring out of intelligence agencies as reasons why he's "very disappointed" with Sessions.

"He should not have recused himself almost immediately after he took office," Trump said. "If he was going to recuse himself, he should have told me prior to taking office. And I would have quite simply picked somebody else."

Trump is totally obsessed wt Sessions. He brings it up again - wht the Lebanese PM by his side - kind of an inappropriate time don't you think :facepalm: He knows he is in deep waters and he blames Sessions. This guy is acting like the proverbial boy with hand in cookie jar. He is guilty and he feels the snare tightening around him.

http://www.newsmax.com/Politics/trump-pick-jeff-sessions-attorney-general/2017/07/25/id/803741/

President Donald Trump said Tuesday he would not have chosen Jeff Sessions to serve as attorney general if he knew he would recuse himself from the Russia investigation.

Trump spoke about his recent criticisms of Sessions during a joint White House press conference with Lebanese Prime Minister Saad Hariri. He pointed to the recusal and the leaks that are pouring out of intelligence agencies as reasons why he's "very disappointed" with Sessions.

"He should not have recused himself almost immediately after he took office," Trump said. "If he was going to recuse himself, he should have told me prior to taking office. And I would have quite simply picked somebody else."

He was actually asked about it by a reporter at the press conference.

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2017/7/25/16025150/jeff-sessions-donald-trump-resigns

I think this sums up my views about AG Sessions: "...a true believer in Trump's policy agenda. But he hasn't been a lawless crony."

There's a certain amount of respect you have to have for that. We can try, but not always stop people with what are in our views the wrong policy priorities from coming into office. But at least they, too, respect America.