Trump's cabinet

Is it really legal for a president or his cronies to threaten to get revenge on a state because of how one of their senators voted on a bill?

Yes. But the power he had is limited. He can't really cut money since only congress can appropriate funds but there are plenty of other ways. For one, he could declare areas as wildlife sanctuaries so that no infrastructure could be built.

Is it really legal for a president or his cronies to threaten to get revenge on a state because of how one of their senators voted on a bill?

Yes. But the power he had is limited. He can't really cut money since only congress can appropriate funds but there are plenty of other ways. For one, he could declare areas as wildlife sanctuaries so that no infrastructure could be built.

Murkowski had an interview where she pointed out that her next election is in 2022 and that she intends to govern instead of campaign. Basically told Trump to go suck his own c$%k.

Graham said in a separate interview on Fox News that he is preparing new legislation that would require the dismissal of a special counsel to be reviewed by the courts "to protect against an abuse of power by anybody." Asked whether such a bill would be bipartisan, he said, "Oh yeah."

I want to emphasize this part of TG's post. The Congress looks like it's going to make it impossible for the President to fire the special counsel.

How quickly can something like this move? Need it before the break. Since this is the first we're hearing ....

I don't know. Congress could potentially delay the break until this bill is passed.

I think they can declare that they are remaining in session even if no one is there. I believe this occurred once during Obama's term. Congress was concern that Obama would do another recess appointment of someone they didn't like to head an agency - so they did not officially recess.

• Fire 1

Now there is really no experienced political mind in that top tier - which is scary as hell. But also, gaurantees that they do really dumb, not well thought out, emotional things. So I think this gets us closer to impeachment or resignation.

Why wouldn't Reince, Spicey, Mannafort all go to Mueller?

• Fire 1

Perhaps one of the better quotes coming out about this WH:

"I think any observer -- including one that did not speak English and knew nothing about politics and came from another planet and solar system -- could, after observing the situation in the White House, realize the White House is failing," said one informal White House adviser, who spoke on the condition of anonymity to share a candid assessment. "And when the White House is failing, you can't replace the president."

• Fire 1