Trump's cabinet

I've heard he may try to appoint a new AG during August recess as a way of bypassing normal confirmation process. In that scenario, they'd have all powers of confirmed AG but must be confirmed before Congress next recesses (which would be in January) or they'd vacate the position. This could be used to install a stooge who theoretically would do whatever Trump wanted.

Of course, at that point, we're pretty much literally in Watergate territory.

Yea. And talk is that whomever he nominates to replace Sessions and Rodstein will be loyal to his cause and fire Mueller based on his request.

I need to read up, but I underatnd there is the possibility of him nominating soemone during the senate break which would then allow them to get the person on board without senate confirmation.

I've heard he may try to appoint a new AG during August recess as a way of bypassing normal confirmation process. In that scenario, they'd have all powers of confirmed AG but must be confirmed before Congress next recesses (which would be in January) or they'd vacate the position. This could be used to install a stooge who theoretically would do whatever Trump wanted.

Of course, at that point, we're pretty much literally in Watergate territory.

F*@K!

I didn't realize Trump could appoint an acting AG without promoting from within. Well, I guess our democracy hangs with Congress protecting Mueller.

"No, but some Repubs may pull back if Trump fires Sessions or attempts to get rid of Mueller. It only takes a few to prevent Trump from appointing a new AG. The point I was making is that getting rid of Sessions could backfire on Trump."

Thus my concern. What's happening in the last 6 months has already been egregious, I just don't have a lot of confidence that people have a conscience or understanding of the role they serve to the public to do good and to protect.

An example of why I am not confident in our GOP leaders:

Interesting and very believable theory:

I have had the exact same thoughts.

Sessions has done a lot of things that can rightfully be criticized. But, he finds himself in a situation where he did the right thing and the President is livid about it and trying to make his life hell over it. It appears to me that he is giving him the middle finger and is going to hold on. If he doesn't cave to the pressure, I'll have new found respect for the guy. His life right now probably isn't the most pleasant.

Make Trump fire you. If he does, it will be one more nail in the coffin of his Presidency.

• Fire 1