Trump's cabinet

Sessions, Tillerson, Maddis, now Priebus - how many if any make it to October much less end of the year?

White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders would not say directly whether President Donald Trump has confidence in his chief of staff Thursday.

During the White House daily press briefing, ABC News' Jonathan Karl asked Sanders about Trump's feelings on Reince Priebus.

"Look, I think I've addressed this question when it comes to staffing and personnel many times, that if the president doesn't, then he'll make that decision," Sanders said. "We all serve at the pleasure of the president, and if it gets to a place where that isn't the case, he'll let you know."

When pressed to say more on the topic, Sanders replied, "This is a White House that has a lot of different perspectives, because the president hires the very best people. They're not always going to agree, there are going to be a lot of different ideas."

http://www.newsmax.com/Politics/press-secretary-chief-of-staff-Reince-Priebus/2017/07/27/id/804225/

Maybe the Senate Repubs are finally growing a spine:

http://www.newsmax.com/Politics/graham-trump-sessions-hell/2017/07/27/id/804176/

Top Republicans are sending a direct warning to President Donald Trump: Don’t fire Attorney General Jeff Sessions.

“If Jeff Sessions is fired, there will be holy hell to pay,” Republican Senator Lindsey Graham of South Carolina told CNN Thursday morning.

Graham described as “chilling” a tweet posted by Senate Judiciary Chairman Chuck Grassley late Wednesday in which the Iowa Republican said there was “no way” his panel would consider the nomination of a replacement for Sessions.

“There will be no confirmation hearing for a new attorney general in 2017,” Graham said.

Trump has spent several days attacking his attorney general, both in interviews and on Twitter, over Sessions’s decision to recuse himself from the investigation of Russian meddling in the 2016 election and allowing a special prosecutor to be appointed.

Despite questioning his attorney general’s loyalty publicly and repeatedly, the president so far doesn’t appear ready to fire Sessions, and Sessions has indicated he plans to stay put. But Trump’s repeated complaints about the attorney general’s decisions and priorities have sparked deep concern among Republicans, particularly in the Senate, where Sessions served for two decades.

White House Called

A number of Republicans have called White House officials -- and even Trump personally -- to warn against removing Sessions, according to a Senate GOP aide who asked not to be identified discussing the private conversations. Their message has been that Sessions is universally liked on Capitol Hill and that removing him would be one of Trump’s biggest mistakes as president.

Graham also warned Trump against any efforts to remove the special prosecutor appointed in the Russia probe, former FBI Director Robert Mueller.

“Any effort to go after Mueller could be the beginning of the end of the Trump presidency,” Graham said on CNN.

Graham said in a separate interview on Fox News that he is preparing new legislation that would require the dismissal of a special counsel to be reviewed by the courts "to protect against an abuse of power by anybody." Asked whether such a bill would be bipartisan, he said, "Oh yeah."

The president has grown more frustrated as Mueller’s investigation into ties between Trump associates and Russian meddling in the 2016 election has broadened to include his financial dealings. That anger has boiled over in public most visibly in the form of attacks on Sessions.

Well I think we have determine who will be Hitler's or I mean Trumps Minister of Propaganda. Nixon had Chuck Colson as his 'hatchet man', Trump appears to have his now.

The loyalist without a conscience.

http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/anthony-scaramucci-attacks-bannon-priebus/2017/07/27/id/804253/

Scaramucci Assails Priebus, Bannon in Profanity-Laced Tirade

“They’ll all be fired by me,” Scaramucci said, according to New Yorker writer, Ryan Lizza, who said the communications director -- not even a week in his new job -- had called him late Wednesday. The reason for the call was to complain about a Lizza tweet that revealed Trump’s dinner that night with Scaramucci, Fox News host Sean Hannity and a former Fox executive.

Scaramucci, who has made ferreting out leakers his top priority since being named to the position, demanded Lizza identify his source. Lizza said he declined to do so.

“I fired one guy the other day. I have three to four people I’ll fire tomorrow. I’ll get to the person who leaked that to you. Reince Priebus — if you want to leak something — he’ll be asked to resign very shortly,” Scaramucci said. “Reince is a f------ paranoid schizophrenic, a paranoiac.”

Later in the interview, he also attacked Trump’s chief strategist, Bannon, who he said sought media attention at the president’s expense.

“I’m not Steve Bannon,” Scaramucci told Lizza, using a vulgar expression to indicate the senior adviser to the president was only interested in pleasing himself. “I’m not trying to build my own brand” off the president. “I’m here to serve the country.”

No Comment

Lizza said Scaramucci never asked to be off the record and that Priebus and Bannon both declined to comment about the remarks. None of the White House officials immediately responded to requests for comment from Bloomberg.

The New Yorker report was the latest episode in a White House drama that exploded into a public spectacle on Thursday. It laid bare a power struggle among factions within an administration besieged by multiple investigations and stalled on its agenda.

The remarks from Scaramucci, a Trump loyalist, create a public face-off with Priebus, who holds a job that in any other White House would be one of the most powerful in Washington. It also comes as Trump has been berating his attorney general, Jeff Sessions, in public statements and on Twitter.

Earlier Thursday, Scaramucci undermined Priebus during a live, 30-minute interview on CNN, suggesting the White House chief of staff was behind some of the leaks that have sparked turmoil in the White House and anger from Trump.

“If Reince wants to explain that he’s not a leaker, let him do that,” Scaramucci told CNN during a half-hour live phone interview. “I’m a straight shooter. I’ll go right to the heart of the matter.”

Scaramucci said there is an establishment element inside the White House that is trying “to save America from this president” and is interfering with the full changes Trump is trying to make to “transform” the nation and “drain the swamp.”

He didn’t name who he thinks is among that element, but Priebus is a longtime party figure who was Republican National Committee chairman before joining a Trump team dominated by outsiders.

Trump changed the communications director job he gave Scaramucci to directly report to the president, bypassing Priebus and setting up a potential rivalry among two men who have had a sometimes-tempestuous relationship in the past.

“We have had odds, we have had differences,” Scaramucci said of Priebus during the course of the CNN interview. “Some brothers are like Cain and Abel” while others can get along, he said. He also suggested that Trump himself knows the contours of some of the internal leaks.

The focus on leaks offers Trump an opportunity to turn public attention from congressional and special counsel probes of Russian meddling in the U.S. election and whether the president’s campaign had any involvement. But the White House infighting also has unsettled many fellow Republicans in Congress as efforts to pass health care and tax legislation are struggling.

Senator John Kennedy, a Louisiana Republican, told CNN after the Scaramucci interview that while some public spats are inevitable in every presidential administration "in this White House it’s out of control."

"You don’t have to comment on everything," he said. "I wouldn’t do it."

Scaramucci: Trump May Veto Russia Sanctions, Push ‘Tougher Deal’

After Scaramucci’s Wednesday night conversation with Lizza he took to Twitter with accusations that he was the victim of an illegal leak of his financial information.

“In light of the leak of my financial disclosure info which is a felony. I will be contacting @FBI and the @TheJusticeDept,” Scaramucci said on Twitter Wednesday night, tagging Priebus’ Twitter handle in a way that suggested he was calling out Priebus as a leaker -- an assertion Scaramucci later denied he was trying to make.

The tweet followed a Politico report that the SkyBridge Capital founder had a net worth of as much as $85 million, citing a financial disclosure dated June 23 that he filed with the U.S. Office of Government Ethics.

It wasn’t clear that there was a leak. Lorraine Woellert, Politico’s reporter on the story, said on Twitter she requested the financial disclosure form through normal channels and was provided it by the Export-Import Bank. The documents are supposed to be available to any member of the public within 30 days of being certified by the employing agency, in this case the bank. Scaramucci deleted his Twitter message on the leak.

Graham said in a separate interview on Fox News that he is preparing new legislation that would require the dismissal of a special counsel to be reviewed by the courts "to protect against an abuse of power by anybody." Asked whether such a bill would be bipartisan, he said, "Oh yeah."

I want to emphasize this part of TG's post. The Congress looks like it's going to make it impossible for the President to fire the special counsel.

I want to emphasize this part of TG's post. The Congress looks like it's going to make it impossible for the President to fire the special counsel.

How does this get signed by the president?

How quickly can something like this move? Need it before the break. Since this is the first we're hearing ....

How does this get signed by the president?

Congress can pass a bill without the President's signature and even over a President's veto.

How quickly can something like this move? Need it before the break. Since this is the first we're hearing ....

I don't know. Congress could potentially delay the break until this bill is passed.