Protests

Do any of you have jobs or just the day off?

LOL, I wondered that myself many of times when I see some of our posters "post count" and then look at their sign up date.

It's like Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat? :) it don't matter to me but, hmmm?

I hear a lot of criticism (not specifically from this board, just as a general statement) towards 'millenials' for being lazy, entitled, keyboard social justice warriors. Then I hear criticism when they actually get off their ass over something they don't believe in.

I'm not one who is going to protest this, but I encourage anyone who believes passionately about something to exercise their right to do so and I support it. I'm not sure why you wouldn't.

Yeah, they finally got off their ass because for once in their life they lost a contest and didn't even get a participation trophy; and they can't handle it.

This is a pretty sophomoric non-response, but who gave the participation trophies?

Yeah, it was more of knee jerk reaction.

I hear a lot of criticism (not specifically from this board, just as a general statement) towards 'millenials' for being lazy, entitled, keyboard social justice warriors. Then I hear criticism when they actually get off their ass over something they don't believe in.

I'm not one who is going to protest this, but I encourage anyone who believes passionately about something to exercise their right to do so and I support it. I'm not sure why you wouldn't.

Yeah, they finally got off their ass because for once in their life they lost a contest and didn't even get a participation trophy; and they can't handle it.

They didn't want a "participation trophy", they wanted a President that doesn't degrade women and minorities.

The only thing these 'protesters' could reasonably be protesting is democracy at work as they are apparently protesting the people of the United State of America exercising their Constitutional right to participate in the democratic aspects of self governance by lawfully voting in a Constitutionally mandated federal election. After eight years of 'hope and change' engineered by the organizers and sponsors of these 'protests' the only large groups of people who perhaps should have gathered using their rights to freely assemble and express their grievances respecting the actions of their government are the Trump supporters really!

For example, there are already serious suggestions being made and rumblings from within the Whitehouse that Obama should be granting blanket pardons of everyone associated with the Clintons and presumably anyone that may have actively participated in any of the not so legitimate things going on during the past 8 years (particularly including Hillary and her associates). I can very much appreciate these concerns and would understand the visceral urge to take to the streets in protest of such actions at this point. Hopefully, Obama is much smarter than this, politically anyway, as granting pardons to Hillary and her comrades would be the most memorable and disreputable action he could possibly take as President. This would be outrageous and would be the one 'executive order' with perpetual effect and cannot be undone by his successor(s) hereafter. A shameful act indeed.

• Fire 1

Racist

Trump is deemed as a racist, mostly cuz he is supported by a bunch of racist ppl. Yeah. As a trump guy I have the guts to recognize there are still really nasty racist ppl in this soceity.

The part that frustrates me more than anything is that people in the media are being racist by calling Trump supporters racist for voting for him.

So, pardon me if I'm confused.

So....Trump needed to court and win the votes of racist people to win. But, when people say racist people support him, they are wrong?

yes. there are racists that support trump. I myself have acknowledged that. there are also left wing, demon-worshipping, globalist nutjobs that supported hillary.

the point there is that Trump supporters who are legitimately not racist are being labeled as such by generalizing. for a bunch of anti-stereotype self riteous ppl, the hypocrisy is pretty strong.

So much this.

To me, these protesters are no different than the Trump supporters that are posting crap all over the interwebs gloating about winning and pretty much throwing it back in the face of people who didn't vote for him.

Earlier....someone said these protesters are part of the problem and not the solution.

Well.....then the same thing can be said about the Trump supporters I described.

The day after the election, I drove down the highway from my office and someone had parked a pickup close to the highway with a huge Trump flag sticking out the back. How are these protesters any different than this guy?

• Fire 2

To me, these protesters are no different than the Trump supporters that are posting crap all over the interwebs gloating about winning and pretty much throwing it back in the face of people who didn't vote for him.

Earlier....someone said these protesters are part of the problem and not the solution.

Well.....then the same thing can be said about the Trump supporters I described.

The day after the election, I drove down the highway from my office and someone had parked a pickup close to the highway with a huge Trump flag sticking out the back. How are these protesters any different than this guy?

They are the same. Voices should be heard. Period.

• Fire 1

This unfortunately, is a result of how he conducted his campaign. So far, I haven't seen anything out of line. They are peaceful. They aren't hurting anyone.

They will go away and calm down after a while. However, depending on how he conducts himself in office, there is a chance this will be a common theme over the next 4 years.

As much as some want to ridicule these protesters, these are people he needs to reach out to and win over.

I disagree as it is a result of two things. How the media unfairly covered him and the pure ignorance of those who are protesting. You can't reach out and talk to ignorant people who won't listen in the first place. The only thing that needs to change is that these protesters need to grow up. I mean the entire left is embarrassing themselves from the "celebrities" to the leftist media and then the ignorant masses.

He made this bed himself and people are upset the media reported it.

Are you saying that if Hillary would have won and she made a great speech, you would have stopped hating her and embraced her?

There is a difference between reporting it and the sh#t show they did. They coverage was very unfair as the liberal media was in the tank for her. They didn't spend any time talking about her flaws, they just hammered him 24-7. Not saying he didn't deserve some of it because he said some stupid sh#t, but if they are going to be hard on him, then they need to be equally hard on her and that was far from the case.

No, I still would think that she is the most corrupt person to ever win office, but I wouldn't be out protesting and saying that I am going to leave the country (kind of hard, I am already stationed in South Korea) just because someone I didn't like won the election. I wanted Obama to be a good president so he could bring the country together, once it became obvious that he was going to be one of the worst and created the worst division in our country since the 60's I didn't throw a fit, he was still my commander in chief. You live with it.

While watching ABC it was over the top obvious how in the bag they were for Clinton, the didn't even try to hide it. That is fine, but if they are going to be the propaganda arm of the Democratic party, I'd just like for them to admit it, not act like they are an unbiased news source.

Second, these people have the right to peacefully protest, but isn't it too little, too late?

Third, yeah the f@#k Trump cries, etc. they really don't do their image any good.

I used to check into the CNN website to see what pro-Hillary message they were on that day. I got a chuckle because it became mostly a daily Trump bashing exercise (and of course the nothing to see here Hillary excuses). Whether intentional or not, the controversial things he said were almost brilliant since he made headlines. Whatever Hillary's message was, it was not heard over the Trump bashing.

Youre not wrong.

Looks like protests occurring again tonight. I think Trump is either heading to, or is at Trump Tower. Sure hope no one does anything stupid with the secret service around. That could end poorly.

I happened to be in NYC, on 6th Ave last night when the protesters marched to Trump Tower ... no violence at all. The police let everybody go a number of blocks prior to announcing that they needed to move quietly to the sidewalk instead of the street. Marchers were a pretty diverse crowd. While I'm sure secret service was on high alert closer to his apartment, it was just NYPD on site.

Will Zoogs, or Knapp, someone....mrandyk,

Please...dear God PLEASE defend this one....

I agree its indefensible, just as those tweeting ways to kill our next POTUS is indefensible. This is a continuation of what the left tried doing at many Trump rallies as was exposed in the O'Keefe videos. They were intentionally going to try and stir up violence.

• Fire 1