Trump's America

zoogs

I think it is great the Intercept posted that. I eagerly look forward to see the first whistle-blowers turned in by the NSA/FBI and the outcome of the ensuing court-battle(s).

A number of the tools listed by the intercept would be grounds for dismissal from most Federal Agencies if found on an employee's personal computer. On top of that, there are the PRISM and other NSA programs that would facilitate tracking despite these protections. The FBI has been able to de-anonymize/track TOR users since at least 2014. There are also industry rumors the NSA has compromised the TOR network from inception...

If nothing else, I think our population will learn more about electronic privacy over the next 4 years than I ever expected... ;-)

• Fire 1

That's actually been a growing feeling with me on these executive orders the last few days. You look at the wall, pipelines...etc....he doesn't have the ability to just sign a piece of paper and the next week dirt is moving. On both, he still has a major battle to go through to accomplish. The wall especially will need to go through funding...etc.

Many of these are not much more than showboating moves. It's a chance for him to look like he is the executive signing off on projects...etc. There is a chance he has no clue what kind of battle lies ahead on these things.

It is showboating, but it also a chance for him to publicly lambaste Congressmen that don't go along with every thing he wants and frenzy his base.

They need to make sacrifices for the country instead of doing the easy thing and supporting him just to get re-elected. Lets see if more than 2% of them will do that.

Hoo boy.

Trump Complains Negative Press Means He Can't 'Enjoy' White House

President Donald Trump thinks that unfavorable media coverage of his first weekend in office has not allowed him to "enjoy" the White House, according to a Tuesday report by the Associated Press.

Trump believed that the media would cover him more favorably after he was inaugurated, according to an Associated Press report citing two anonymous sources close to the President, but instead believes it has worsened.

The President said that the negative press has not allowed him to "enjoy" the White House on his first weekend in office, according to an anonymous source who spoke with him also cited in the report.

In his Saturday remarks railing against the media, Spicer included a number of incorrect figures which were quickly highlighted as baseless. Trump, however, thought that Spicer's statement was not forceful enough, according to the Washington Post's report.

Spicer continued to condemn the media's treatment of Donald Trump in his first daily briefing with reporters from the White House on Monday, saying that it is "demoralizing" for the President to see unfavorable coverage.

"There is this constant theme to undercut the enormous support that he has," Spicer said. "I think it's unbelievably frustrating when you're continually told it's not big enough, it's not good enough, you can't win."

Here's the AP article.

Trump dogged by insecurity over popular vote, media coverage

WASHINGTON (AP) — Donald Trump holds the most powerful office in the world. But he's dogged by insecurity over his loss of the popular vote in the election and a persistent frustration that the legitimacy of his presidency is being challenged by Democrats and the media, aides and associates say.

Trump's fixation has been a drag on the momentum of his opening days in office, with his exaggerations about inauguration crowds and false assertions about illegal balloting intruding on advisers' plans to launch his presidency with a flurry of actions on the economy. His spokesman Sean Spicer has twice stepped into the fray himself, including on Tuesday, when he doubled down on Trump's false claim that he lost the popular vote because 3 million to 5 million people living in the U.S. illegally cast ballots.

"He believes what he believes based on the information he was provided," said Spicer, who provided no evidence to back up the president's statements. All 50 states and the District of Columbia have finalized their election results with no reports of the kind of widespread fraud that Trump is alleging.

If the president's claim were true it would mark the most significant election fraud in U.S. history — and ironically, would raise the same questions about Trump's legitimacy that he's trying to avoid. Yet Spicer repeatedly sidestepped questions about whether the Trump administration would investigate the allegations pushed by the president.

"Anything is possible," he said.

Remember when folks on this board ripped Hillary for crying the night after losing the election?

This guy freaking won. And he's still crying. And throwing Trumper tantrums.

I love it....Trumper tantrum!

You really should trademark that phrase. It could be huuuge.

I guess I'm in the minority. I never have found any of these guys enjoyable to watch/listen to on a regular basis. Sure, every once in a while I would see a link to something Stewart or Colbert did that I enjoyed watching. But, a constant dose of it.....not my cup of tea.

Back when the Daily Show was a must-watch for me, it was because of Jon Stewart. Even then there were better and worse shows; you can't really control the news cycle or the guest selection...but this is true for any TV show I follow. Stewart consistently delivered incisive and valuable commentary. While I didn't always agree, I usually wanted to hear his take.Lately I'm reduced to keeping tabs once in a while on youtube (I blame the quality of the CBS web streaming site). I don't think that takes away from what any of them do, though. I hope their audiences stay strong so that I can continue to get occasional youtube clips.John Oliver is the one guy that I think has really transcended everyone. He's in a category all of his own, partly because his format is not nightly, and that allows him to do a deep dive in everything he chooses to talk about.

I really like John Oliver. Every once in awhile he'll sort of be a bit off but he's usually right on the money.

• Fire 1