Trump's America

zoogs

http://thehill.com/policy/defense/344107-joint-chiefs-chairman-no-change-in-transgender-policy-until-trump-sends

BREAKING: The Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Gen. Joseph Dunford — the highest ranking military official in the country — has announced that there will be no changes to the military’s transgender policy until President Trump sends an explicit order to Defense Secretary James Mattis, adding: “In the meantime, we will continue to treat all of our personnel with respect.”

Sharp rebuke from Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff. I appreciate that there so many in power who are trying to stand for the right things, even as Glorious Leader Trump sets his sights on all the wrong ones.

I don't know where I read/heard it, but basically someone said "the military doesn't take orders by twitter". They need a signed clear directive by POTUS/Mattis before taking any action like this.

Trump using Twitter to announce this reminds me of the episode of The Office when Michael Scott thought to declare bankruptcy all he had to do was yell out that he declared bankruptcy.

• Fire 3

I don't know where I read/heard it, but basically someone said "the military doesn't take orders by twitter". They need a signed clear directive by POTUS/Mattis before taking any action like this.

Trump using Twitter to announce this reminds me of the episode of The Office when Michael Scott thought to declare bankruptcy all he had to do was yell out that he declared bankruptcy.

I figured that is how Trump would declare pardons.

"I declare I'm pardoned!"

http://thehill.com/policy/defense/344107-joint-chiefs-chairman-no-change-in-transgender-policy-until-trump-sends

BREAKING: The Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Gen. Joseph Dunford — the highest ranking military official in the country — has announced that there will be no changes to the military’s transgender policy until President Trump sends an explicit order to Defense Secretary James Mattis, adding: “In the meantime, we will continue to treat all of our personnel with respect.”

Sharp rebuke from Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff. I appreciate that there so many in power who are trying to stand for the right things, even as Glorious Leader Trump sets his sights on all the wrong ones.

My favorite part of his presidency has been how "inferiors" have consistently told him "Nah, f**k off".... :lol:

• Fire 2

Again, I think that is the main problem with this political system...

Democrats, Republicans, Left, Right, Conservative, Liberal --- who gives a sh*t. This election showed that many "Republicans" didn't think Trump was a great candidate, but still voted because they were "Republican". Flawed and biased thinking if you ask me. No one should be 'this' or 'that'

• Fire 3

My favorite part of his presidency has been how "inferiors" have consistently told him "Nah, f**k off".... :lol:

He gives them no choice. They can't follow through on his instructions unless they are written policies and directives. Then they have to give press briefings to answer about what just happened. They aren't doing it in a case of defiance. They literally have no other choice if they want to keep their career intact.

Democrats, Republicans, Left, Right, Conservative, Liberal --- who gives a sh*t. This election showed that many "Republicans" didn't think Trump was a great candidate, but still voted because they were "Republican". Flawed and biased thinking if you ask me. No one should be 'this' or 'that'

They voted for him because they knew he would sign ANY legislation they put in front of him sight unseen. He has said it several times with regards to the Healthcare bills.

He has called every bill put forth by the R's "The greatest bill ever written" and he "has pen in hand" to sign it. Even though it can't even get out of the Senate.

• Fire 1

They voted for him because they knew he would sign ANY legislation they put in front of him sight unseen. He has said it several times with regards to the Healthcare bills.

He has called every bill put forth by the R's "The greatest bill ever written" and he "has pen in hand" to sign it. Even though it can't even get out of the Senate.

I disagree in thinking that rural America voted him in because he was going to pass every bill. The way voting is set up it is pointless to be a Republican in California the same way it is pointless to vote if you are a Democrat in Texas....FLAWED SYSTEM

I keep hearing that "America was duped by a con man." I'd argue that this is what many in America, mainly the GOP, wanted.

They wanted a birther, they want to yell "Build the wall!" they want to ban Muslims, they want to dismantle the EPA and pollute rivers, they want to take healthcare away. Even outspoken GOP senators like Sasse vote with Trump 95% of the time. Duped? I don't think so.

Maybe some, but not me. I've leaned Conservative my entire life (I did vote for Obama twice, though), and the Trump presidency has made me sad, angry, embarrassed etc. You can be conservative on many issues, and still have the ability to care about your fellow man.

Well they sure have a funny way of showing it when they support a party that is actively working to do this and take healthcare away from millions.

Big-Iron-Discharge.jpg

I keep hearing that "America was duped by a con man." I'd argue that this is what many in America, mainly the GOP, wanted.

They wanted a birther, they want to yell "Build the wall!" they want to ban Muslims, they want to dismantle the EPA and pollute rivers, they want to take healthcare away. Even outspoken GOP senators like Sasse vote with Trump 95% of the time. Duped? I don't think so.

Maybe some, but not me. I've leaned Conservative my entire life (I did vote for Obama twice, though), and the Trump presidency has made me sad, angry, embarrassed etc. You can be conservative on many issues, and still have the ability to care about your fellow man.

Well they sure have a funny way of showing it when they support a party that is actively working to do this and take healthcare away from millions.

Big-Iron-Discharge.jpg

Fru - what is the meaning of the picture other than it is a beautiful pic?? I'm I missing some hidden meaning tied to the topic :blink:

Regarding your statement: We have to look beyond the labels of conservatism from Republicanism - there are people in both the conservative movement and the Republican party who do desire a good health care plan. He even accepted the SC ruling on gay marriage as a done deal - move on. I think the Repubs missed the mark big time when they over looked conservative John Kasich. Frankly I missed it until the very end. I was Rubio. I think Kasich would have been the right guy to champion a bill that was both conservative (meeting financial goals that conservatives find important and embowering the free market to be more competitive in pricing etc) while still insuring the uninsured. Unfortunately the wrong guys are in charge right now in the Repub party. A Kasich/Rubio ticket would have been fantastic in my opinion. But Doris Day is singing her song - ka sa ra sa ra.(got to be old to figure that one out).

• Fire 1

Hmmmmm .... I find this incredibly bold. It gives me great hope.

Get ready for Trump to start bashing his Sec of D. just like he is Sessions. If the reason he came out wt his tweet was to get the wall build, you know he was acting wtout consulting the military as he claimed. No able body healthy person (physically or mentally) should be banned from serving in the military. That is a high honor and privilege of citizenship. To deny it is like denying the right to vote. We can debate if elective surgeries (my assumption is that TG surgeries are elective) should be covered by military insurance - as elective surgeries in most cases aren't covered by private insurance. However, there should be no debate on being able to serve.

PS. By the way the bold TG is not the same as my TGHusker - I'm not transgender! :huh: Tulsa Guy Husker --- just want to make that clear if anyone was wondering!