Crying and B****ing about Trump

I wish we could see the posts from 2008. Let's just flip the coin. Everyone, we will get over this. For us conservatives, we survived 8 years of Obama. If Trump over reaches the electorate has a way of correcting things. Obama and his super majority in Congress over reached in 2008-2010. Therefore the voters in each election cycle have increased majorities of governors, state legislatures, and flipped the House and Senate in response to the over reached.

As Obama famously, or infamously stated "Elections have Consequences". Thus we can all move to the town of Truth and Consequences, NM or we can realize that the great historical cycle of 'What goes around, Comes Around' has just cycled around again. Cry, mourn, protest, complain, and plan - it is all ok. The sun will come back up and in 4 years we'll repeat the cycle and the nation will still be standing. We'll survive your worse fears. Trump will enact policies you won't like but he will most likely end up being more moderate that the fears would have you believe. Sitting in the WH tends to remove some of the extreme edges when you become president of all Americans.

He is already acting more presidential and he and Obama had a good meeting which is a good sign.

I disagree about the bolded. I think we'd like to think that, but as I heard on a podcast the other day, "Being in the White House makes you more of who you already are." In other words, your true colors come out. At this point, the thought of that isn't a good one, because Trump has proven time and time again to be a thin-skinned, narcissistic, churlish, ignorant oaf. But I will, as you've said, hope for the best.

I'm curious to see what happens when he actually has to do something difficult and make hard decisions, once he's done with his victory lap.

Dude, think about it - the primaries force candidates to play to the extremes - Hillary had to go more progressive because of the challenge of Sanders. Romney had to go more conservative because of Rich Santorium and Newt in 2012. Trump had Cruz and others to his right. Congress is always concerned about re-election. They will not allow him to 'deport millions' because they want to be re-elected. Now, if there is no election coming, then yes. I think the most dangerous period would be having a lame duck president wt a Congress that is about to flip to the other party or one that has a super majority as Obama once had.

A local hospital that provides abortions has suddenly been booked out through the end of the year. Women are afraid of losing their right to choose or being criminally punished once DT takes office.

I'm not doubting that you heard this. But who would book an abortion more than a couple weeks out? That doesn't make sense. :dunno:

That seriously doesn't make sense. So, are these women expecting to get pregnant and need an abortion?

I'm assuming they're booking for basic gyn care and routine stuff. That too goes away if PP is defunded, and it's the majority of what they do. Just because it's a location that provides abortions doesn't mean that's all that's being booked there.

It's one of the only hospitals in the state that schedules this procedure and the hospital draws along the front range which is around ~4.8 million people. I have no idea the actual number of openings they have for this procedure. The staff that do the procedure are borrowed from other practices so there is a practical limit. I assume it is very low relative to any other hospital clinic. The real fear that some people may lose rights here in a couple months is causing people to feel like they have to make certain decisions. I don't know how else to explain it...

Which is completely irrational. Trump can not all of a sudden come in and on the first day make abortions illegal or even greatly reduce women's health care. If he does, that will take a while to accomplish.

So, all of a sudden calling up the hospital to schedule an abortion or other procedure to make sure it is taken care of before he gets inaugurated is not rational.

Pretty sure I stated that fear makes people act irrationally...

http://www.huskerboard.com/index.php?/topic/81448-crying-and-bing-about-trump/&do=findComment&comment=1769466

It depends how Trump decides to go about this change. There is a precedent going all the way back to Andrew Jackson for the POTUS to act in defiance of the rulings of the Supreme Court. Should DT choose this route, it would take days to accomplish since the POTUS has enforcement power. I do not see a Republican controlled Congress forcing alignment here.

I am not saying it will happen. But, DT has made his position known and if anyone would throw Executive Restraint out the window, wouldn't it be DT? I mean that's why so many voted for him, yes?

They threw their little tantrum. Got their attention. Now it's time to get back to work.

Oh wait. n/m.

Ooohhhhhh. that's why theyre so upset. They know the teat's comin out.

You're just going to go ahead and label anyone decrying Trump as jobless individuals living off the government? I'm going to go ahead and make the same sweeping generalization and label you a close-minded bigot.

• Fire 5

They threw their little tantrum. Got their attention. Now it's time to get back to work.

Oh wait. n/m.

You're just going to go ahead and label anyone decrying Trump as jobless individuals living off the government? I'm going to go ahead and make the same sweeping generalization and label you a close-minded bigot.

you already have. like days ago.

• Fire 1

Oh wait. n/m.

Whatever you say Adolf.

Oh wait. n/m.

Whatever you say Adolf.

see. that was easy.

• Fire 2

Oh wait. n/m.

Whatever you say Adolf.

Whomever in the Woodshed had post number 66 in the 'How long will it take to Godwin Moriane's Trump thread?' pool, please contact me so we can get your winnings to you.

Oh wait. n/m.

There's that "b" word again. I would count it a badge of honor to be called a bigot these days. It was the "liberal" use (pun intended) of this and other entitled actions by a liberal press that got Trump elected.

• Fire 1

Oh wait. n/m.

Go ahead. I'm sure he REALLY cares.

I would count it a badge of honor to be called a bigot these days. It was the "liberal" use (pun intended) of this and other entitled actions by a liberal press that got Trump elected.

It was White anger at being marginalized that got Trump elected.

But, you elect a bigot and you have to own your vote. If you're proud of that... that says plenty about you. And before you complain:

I would count it a badge of honor to be called a bigot these days.

• Fire 1

The most disappointing part to me is that you will double down on "Trump's sexual assault comments were merely offensive" and use bad language in songs by famous Black people as your excuse.

Weak. And sad.

Well Hillary did have Jay-Z at one of her last rallies, a rapper known for referring to women in his songs like bitches and hoes

• Fire 1

Trump needs to earn respect. He think he takes it from people just by winning. Politicians like Marco Rubio and Ted Cruz can bend over backwards after calling him a fraud and a con man and cow to him, but I'm sure as heck not going to. I've got no skin in the game, and he's already shown me what a sack of crap he is, over and over and over again.

Yes he's president. But that doesn't mean anyone has to stop criticizing him if he hasn't earned it. Nor should they.

Well said by both you and Moraine. Very well said. Thank you for posting and nailing exactly what I for one feel.

What blows my mind is how Trump supporters gloss over all of the horrible, despicable and deplorable things that he has said and done and still fully support him.

I for one am scared for the future of our country right now. Very scared. I keep telling myself maybe just maybe something else will come out of the woodwork on this clown or that he somehow can be impeached/removed. I am not letting go of that hope.

God Bless America because right now she needs it.