SI early NFL draft look

lo country

We aren't very talented this year, so no big surprise. Maybe the least talented Husker team in my lifetime.

I do think we'll see a few guys get drafted this year but I'm not sure any of them are top 10 at their position.

You're quite prodigious to be less than a year old and already posting on the board. This roster is the 20 to 25th best roster in the country depending on which normalized rankings you use.

Westy is way too slow and way too fragile to be drafted. Great hands won't be good enough I'm afraid.

How slow do you think he is?

And fragile? Are you nuts? How many games has he missed since he first started? 2? That'd be 2 out of 47 games.

• Fire 1

I love Westercamp -- an all-time Husker favorite in my book -- and hope he gets his NFL shot. He's plenty fast, a superb route-runner and the classic possession receiver.

But Brandon Reily and Alonzo Moore look more like pro receivers to my eye. Don't know if they have any kind of profile among scouts. Westerkamp might just the next Kenny Bell, and Moore could be the next Quincy Enunwa.

But yeah, it shouldn't surprise anyone if we don't make the 10 deeps because there are a lot of players out there.

And with all due respect to CM's tired refrain, Nebraska has some pretty good talent on this team. Even some NFL talent. But nobody is a game-changer, and the talent is spread pretty thin.

• Fire 1

I love Westercamp -- an all-time Husker favorite in my book -- and hope he gets his NFL shot. He's plenty fast, a superb route-runner and the classic possession receiver.

But Brandon Reily and Alonzo Moore look more like pro receivers to my eye. Don't know if they have any kind of profile among scouts. Westerkamp might just the next Kenny Bell, and Moore could be the next Quincy Enunwa.

But yeah, it shouldn't surprise anyone if we don't make the 10 deeps because there are a lot of players out there.

And with all due respect to CM's tired refrain, Nebraska has some pretty good talent on this team. Even some NFL talent. But nobody is a game-changer, and the talent is spread pretty thin.

I agree with this. Reilly has speed and size for the next level, but doesnt have the production of Westy. Same with Moore. I think we have about 6 guys who could get drafted. None of them above the 3rd round.. That is solid but we dont have any 1st day talent and that is one thing all top tier teams will have year in and year out.

We aren't very talented this year, so no big surprise. Maybe the least talented Husker team in my lifetime.

I do think we'll see a few guys get drafted this year but I'm not sure any of them are top 10 at their position.

You're quite prodigious to be less than a year old and already posting on the board. This roster is the 20 to 25th best roster in the country depending on which normalized rankings you use.

Westy is way too slow and way too fragile to be drafted. Great hands won't be good enough I'm afraid.

How slow do you think he is?

And fragile? Are you nuts? How many games has he missed since he first started? 2? That'd be 2 out of 47 games.

Westy isn't fragile. Does he have burner speed? No. BUT he has the innate ability to get open and pretty much catch anything......

I agree with this. Reilly has speed and size for the next level, but doesnt have the production of Westy. Same with Moore. I think we have about 6 guys who could get drafted. None of them above the 3rd round.. That is solid but we dont have any 1st day talent and that is one thing all top tier teams will have year in and year out.

Other then our receivers always being injured they don't have the production cause the way we rotate them. We will never have a wr with 80-90 catches because we don't keep them on the field. We would rather have one good one and a couple walk ons out there instead of out top 1-4 WRs In the game the whole dang game.

For all of you numskulls out there that think Westy won't get in the NFL...Keith Williams just mentioned today that he feels Westy is an NFL receiver.

Now as KW has put more receivers into the NFL than all of you armchair quarterbacks...you might just sit down and be quiet.

What else is he going to say? "My receiver sucks and should just give up." Take off your Big Red glasses.

Difference between playing slot in college and the NFL is the caliber of athlete you face and the scheme. Most college teams are running zone concepts were you can sit and find the soft spot, or you are matched up against an LB. Most NFL teams use man and the slot has a nickel corner that is going to make you beat him. The nickel corner has become one of the most valuable positions in the NFL and you better be able to run or have great size to play the slot WR position. I think Westy has a shot to make the NFL and it would depend on the team and if he would fit there system. No one on here is rooting for him to fail in the NFL. I hope all our seniors go to the NFL and tear it up. It was a discussion about who we (people who are by no means NFL scouts) think has a shot in the NFL.

Other then our receivers always being injured they don't have the production cause the way we rotate them. We will never have a wr with 80-90 catches because we don't keep them on the field. We would rather have one good one and a couple walk ons out there instead of out top 1-4 WRs In the game the whole dang game.

Not sure what you're trying to say here. A rotation of Westerkamp, Moore, Reily, Morgan Jr. and Pierson-El is pretty damn strong, probably the best in the Big 10. Throw in Cethan Carter and that's a lot of good targets. So you do in fact have high quality wide receivers in the whole game.

Those 90 catch wide receivers would come in an offense that passes more and/or has fewer options, and that's not necessarily a good thing. Stanley Morgan Jr. could be that guy next year because he's a really good possession receiver, he won't have as much competition, and he might have a higher % QB throwing to him. Can't say that will translate to a better offense or more wins.