***Official Maryland Game Discussion Thread***

Mavric

We are running a very balanced game plan. 31 runs 28 passes. That's what this staff is a about, very balanced offense.

Doing that today against a bad Maryland run defense. Next year and beyond, it will be more pass heavy.

Also, how many of the Fyfe runs/sacks were called pass plays.

Where is the evidence? They ran a balanced offense at Oregon State. Mike Riley wants to run the ball and knows it is essential to winning.
Langsdorf is the OC. He likes to pass the ball and doesn't stay comitted to the run.
you are basing this on opinion though. What evidence do your have that this is true because I can look at the numbers and see that he has ran about 55% of the time this season as well as in the past most seasons

I'm basing it on all the WRs that are being recruited and the type of QBs being recruited.

Langsdorf has gone more run heavy the past 2 years because he had no confidence in Armstrong, and Tommy was able to do a lot of things running the ball.

Basically, the QB run game will be replaced with 4-wide, short passing game and then hit a deep pass from time to time.

We're recruiting a lot of WR's because we're losing a lot of WR depth after this season. If we were planning on going with a 4 WR offense then Derrion Grimm would still be on the team. I too think Langsdorf can get too pass happy at times, but it's not like he's going to go full Air-Raid

I can't believe I opened this thread and people are not happy with this game.

Wow.

You must not have read much of the thread. Outside of unhappiness with special teams, its been quite positive.

People have been complaining about the playcalling and run pass ratio for the last 3 pages.

Perhaps some are bit too sensitive. I'm just seeing people "talking" football.

We are running a very balanced game plan. 31 runs 28 passes. That's what this staff is a about, very balanced offense.

Doing that today against a bad Maryland run defense. Next year and beyond, it will be more pass heavy.

Where is the evidence? They ran a balanced offense at Oregon State. Mike Riley wants to run the ball and knows it is essential to winning.
Langsdorf is the OC. He likes to pass the ball and doesn't stay comitted to the run.
you are basing this on opinion though. What evidence do your have that this is true because I can look at the numbers and see that he has ran about 55% of the time this season as well as in the past most seasons
I'm basing it on all the WRs that are being recruited and the type of QBs being recruited.

Langsdorf has gone more run heavy the past 2 years because he had no confidence in Armstrong, and Tommy was able to do a lot of things running the ball.

Basically, the QB run game will be replaced with 4-wide, short passing game and then hit a deep pass from time to time.

as an OC at Oregon State he ran more than he threw 4 out of 9 seasons. 4 seasons he threw more but still ran 45% of the time at least. His final season with Oregon State he did get pass happy. I think we have backs so we aren't super interested in a back this cycle but I do believe we will always run the ball between 45-60% of the time. That is a wide variance but we will still remain balanced. I highly doubt we will ever throw 60-70% of the time

We're recruiting a lot of WR's because we're losing a lot of WR depth after this season. If we were planning on going with a 4 WR offense then Derrion Grimm would still be on the team. I too think Langsdorf can get too pass happy at times, but it's not like he's going to go full Air-Raid

Grimm was told it would be a 4-WR offense during his recruiting and then when it was more run-based out of the current skill on the team, Grimm couldn't see things for long term and he bolted.

I can't believe I opened this thread and people are not happy with this game.

Wow.

You must not have read much of the thread. Outside of unhappiness with special teams, its been quite positive.

People have been complaining about the playcalling and run pass ratio for the last 3 pages.

lol go dare these guys move the ball passing and running!