So frustrating when

Roll Skers

I think Nebraska and Colorado should both return to the Big Twelve. And Notre Dame would be a nice fit in the current Big Ten. The Irish got shellacked this year playing an ACC-heavy football schedule. They need to play a schedule against teams that are regularly on their schedule. Year after year, the Irish face Purdue, Northwestern, and Indiana.

Notre Dame is a natural fit for the Big Ten -- the league of physicality. A move like that could save Coach Brian Kelly's job I feel.

Nebraska on the other hand is a Midwest power who has always been a combination of physicality meshed with finesse via the recruits that Dr. Tom Osborne would bring in from places like Florida, Texas, Louisiana, and Los Angeles.

Our rivals from our past -- Colorado, Kansas State, Kansas, Iowa State, Oklahoma State, and even Oklahoma --- we are comfortable facing those teams. We know them. For about 100 years, we've played them.

I am for my Nebraska Cornhuskers returning back to their homeland to face their true rivals instead of having to face all these powerful schools from a distant region of the country. Again, the challenge favors the Big Ten in this matchup between Nebraska and these schools from the Michigan - Ohio region. I don't like the set-up and never have.

I'm for my Nebraska Cornhuskers returning home to face another group of very familiar opponents. I've heard that Coach Snyder wants Nebraska to come back to the Big Twelve. Let's take him up on that idea!

Just stop. Nebraska is never, ever, ever getting back together with the Big 12. You mentioned in your first post that Nebraska has nothing to lose. They do actually, it's approx $40mm which is around what Nebraska's share of the Big Ten TV deal plus conference payouts. Nebraska is fully vested in the Big Ten TV deal now. It would be the height of stupidity to leave.

• Fire 2

Herman's dream job has been Texas. He was a GA there under Greg Davis and has spent most of his coaching career within the state of Texas.

LSU can say what they want but they weren't going to sway him away from Texas.

They went all in and then tried act like they didn't. Lol- Herman's a Mensa member. What could be possibly have in common with the bayou state?

What's more depressing is Penn State is ranked in the top 10 and will be playing in the B1G Championship game.

You know the same university that had scholarships taken away, 2 year ban in post game tournaments and bowls and a black eye on the whole molestation cover up.

With all of that going against Penn State, it's hard to believe that they're a better program than us right now.

What's more depressing is Penn State is ranked in the top 10 and will be playing in the B1G Championship game.

You know the same university that had scholarships taken away, 2 year ban in post game tournaments and bowls and a black eye on the whole molestation cover up.

With all of that going against Penn State, it's hard to believe that they're a better program than us right now.

They hired a coach that was recruiting… Makes a big difference

They hired a coach that was recruiting Makes a big difference

I wasn't big on Franklin before this season, but he's done a very good job this season. Penn State did lose 2 early games, and then caught a break in when the Big Ten East was really only Michigan and Ohio State. They made enough plays to beat Ohio State this season, even though I think OSU beats them 7 or 8 times out of 10 games. Since then, they have been riding that positive momentum.

Personally, I am fine with our program not acting like Texas does :dunno

Nebraska is never going to be a university that gets into bidding wars on the next hot name mercenary for hire coach. Better to just accept that or cheer for a program that will do it, because it isn't the one in this state, because it isn't representative of the people of the state.

Unrelated, why do we insist on looking at things with such a small, hyper zoomed in lens? Yeah, Penn State is playing for the B1G Championship this year. Good for them. But James Franklin had 7 wins in his first two years. What do you think this board's opinion would have been after that? Better or worse than our current opinion of Riley? So I suppose there is no possibility of us making the championship game in year 3 under a new coach? Ah, f#*k it, woe is Nebraska, PSU is vastly superior and it isn't fair.