Tanner Lee

I saw him a bunch of times in HS and twice at Tulane and was never impressed. He had nice size but not much else. At the time I never would've dreamed he'd end up at Nebraska -- just didn't think he was at that level. But, everyone tells me I'm just being a Debbie Downer and I read the article above that talks about all his supposed intangibles so I guess we'll see. If you're expecting something special though, you're in for a disappointment.

You're not a Debbie Downer. He went to Tulane for a reason. He wasn't very good. Now that he's at Nebraska, many fans want to believe he's the best thing since sliced bread. Then when the time comes, he won't be the savior many hoped and this board will go into meltdown mode because of unrealistic expectations. Lather, rinse, repeat.
what unrealistic expectations? Having proper mechanics and being able to complete 60% of your throws? Sounds super unrealistic to me

Seem folks seem to think he's going to bring up back to glory. That optimism needs to be tempered.

I don't think he'll be the second coming of Russell Wilson or anything, but Zac Taylor, I would take that.

Play smart, play tough, run the full offense, and go win games. Possessing the basic skillset doesn't necessarily translate onto the field always, but it's a real good place to start.

Ugh. If there is any resemblance to ZT and that offense, it's going to be a long next couple of years.

Barring injury, I fully expect Lee to take the first snap next year, but I'm not expecting the offense to be in the top half of the league.

Yeah, I wouldn't want any resemblance to ZT, it's not like he was awarded co-offensive player of the year for the big 12, or anything.
  • Fire 4

I saw him a bunch of times in HS and twice at Tulane and was never impressed. He had nice size but not much else. At the time I never would've dreamed he'd end up at Nebraska -- just didn't think he was at that level. But, everyone tells me I'm just being a Debbie Downer and I read the article above that talks about all his supposed intangibles so I guess we'll see. If you're expecting something special though, you're in for a disappointment.

You're not a Debbie Downer. He went to Tulane for a reason. He wasn't very good. Now that he's at Nebraska, many fans want to believe he's the best thing since sliced bread. Then when the time comes, he won't be the savior many hoped and this board will go into meltdown mode because of unrealistic expectations. Lather, rinse, repeat.
what unrealistic expectations? Having proper mechanics and being able to complete 60% of your throws? Sounds super unrealistic to me

Seem folks seem to think he's going to bring up back to glory. That optimism needs to be tempered.
I havent seen anyone alluding to that

I understand from a source close to the situation that during this long redshirt period, the S&C people have had Tanner in the all new, one-of-a-kind 'speed' room. This is an unique new training/development process through the application of the "NUbionics" technology. With special 'speed' gear, they can now improve a player's speed metrics about 20% typically. For example, a QB like Lee came in to Nebraska running about 4.9 - 40 yard dash. But with our new leggings, he now boasts a personal best of 4.47 on a series of 10 reps in 10 minutes, demonstrating he has not only dramatically increased his speed and quickness but also his endurance. Sadly, thus far Tanner has suffered from major immunity rejection and blood clots tendency in the back of his knees and deep thigh bruises. Pain killing medications are being administered and so far no allergic or other negative responses. The technitions are now testing to determine Lee's ability to function at a high enough level mentally while under the continuous influence of medications to stave off the immune system issues and alleviate the pain. His tolerance is reported to be improving weekly. It is not yet clear if Tanner will be able to utilize both the speed leggings and the 'gunslinger' arm builders. If not, Riley and the staff will be faced with a real Hobson's choice come spring practice (runner or passer?). Time will tell.

1qPm2oJFSuWOI4rtFx06_Confused%20Ice%20Cu

Are we not gonna talk about how bat-sh#t crazy this post is??? I mean my God...

• Fire 7

I understand from a source close to the situation that during this long redshirt period, the S&C people have had Tanner in the all new, one-of-a-kind 'speed' room. This is an unique new training/development process through the application of the "NUbionics" technology. With special 'speed' gear, they can now improve a player's speed metrics about 20% typically. For example, a QB like Lee came in to Nebraska running about 4.9 - 40 yard dash. But with our new leggings, he now boasts a personal best of 4.47 on a series of 10 reps in 10 minutes, demonstrating he has not only dramatically increased his speed and quickness but also his endurance. Sadly, thus far Tanner has suffered from major immunity rejection and blood clots tendency in the back of his knees and deep thigh bruises. Pain killing medications are being administered and so far no allergic or other negative responses. The technitions are now testing to determine Lee's ability to function at a high enough level mentally while under the continuous influence of medications to stave off the immune system issues and alleviate the pain. His tolerance is reported to be improving weekly. It is not yet clear if Tanner will be able to utilize both the speed leggings and the 'gunslinger' arm builders. If not, Riley and the staff will be faced with a real Hobson's choice come spring practice (runner or passer?). Time will tell.

1qPm2oJFSuWOI4rtFx06_Confused%20Ice%20Cu

Are we not gonna talk about how bat-sh#t crazy this post is??? I mean my God...

Most of us regulars have resigned to the fact that this is a common occurrence and unlike other consistently crazy post(er)s, there's just too much here to combat so we all just kind of ignore it other than to make Ice Cube esque faces.

• Fire 2

I am going to trust Langsdorf's facial expression when asked about Tanner Lee. The man's face lights up. Tommy against real competition is a 30% completion Qb (am I really that far off?). It is an automatic upgrade that fits the system. If Tanner can become a 60-64% passer, Nebraska will be pretty damn good.

According to a nate gerry interview on 1620 Lee is tearing it up on scout team.

Yeah, Nate Gerry...there's a voice we should 'listen' to..LMAO.

Should I even ask who you listen to more about the team than a multi-year starting senior captain, who gets to play against him week in and week out on scout team?

Well, if he's 4.47 and POB beats him out for QB we have a new burner to play wideout!

If we cut nearly half a second off 40 yard dash times the waiting list to get in that lab would make your head spin.

A legit 4.47 is really fast.

Nebraska could cut the football program with the revenue that lab would bring in

• Fire 1

What. The. Actual. F uck.

• Fire 4

What. The. Actual. F uck.

200.gif#12

• Fire 2