Softest program in college football

Geeboo07

Can't help but wonder if a lot of the issues with poor tackling and poor angles are the result of lack of intensity in practice.

Damon Benning has been complaining about that since this staff got here.

Today was arguably the worst I have seen. Almost as if guys were "scared" to tackle. Poor angles and slow pursuit as well. Did we even have enough guys around a UT player to gang tackle? It was almost like NU fielded a completely new defense tonight.

Can't help but wonder if a lot of the issues with poor tackling and poor angles are the result of lack of intensity in practice.

Damon Benning has been complaining about that since this staff got here.

The people who criticize Damon Benning make me cringe...

It's like, ya, what does he know? He just played for Nebraska during the greatest run in school history...he couldn't possibly know anything about the lack of physicality in practice.

I can't take 9 months of this board

We had a soft chancellor, who hired a soft AD, who hired a soft coach with a soft style who brought in a soft staff.

This should not be a surprise to anyone who knows.

Really? We need a hardcore Chancellor who will, at academic meetings, head butt other school's Chancellors and/or swear at them?

Did I say that?

The softness flowed from the top. Not sure what Green is like, but hopefully the next AD isn't as soft as the former coach described.

Oh please. Read your friggin' post. The implication was clear and if you want to walk it back now at least be a man about it.

Huh? Did you misunderstand what I said?

I think I've been clear that the previous chancellor, the current AD, and the current coach is soft.

I'm hoping that the current chancellor and the next AD are not as soft.

What is the opposite of soft?

I wish they would actually power lift. Look at Gates. Then go look at game pics of Stai, Zatechka, Weigert.

Corey Raymond took a lot of heat for this simple comment that rang true then and does more so today.... "Look at them and look at us". Look at FSU and UM now. The reels of Clemson and OSU. Bama, etc...Those teams pass they eyeball test. Their players look like power 5 FBS players. They look like you'd expect a top 10 team to look. NU? In some positions yes, but in the trenches, where games are won we do not......

THIS. Love the walk-on program, but it is not meant to be a source of starters for your team. We will NEVER compete for championships in this era of college football with walk-ons starting on both the offensive and defensive lines. I don't want to hear, "well in the 90's we used walk-ons and we won championships." News flash: it's not the 90's anymore. We need to get with the times and level the playing field. I'd venture to guess that Bama's 2nd and probably 3rd string linemen are better than our first teamers this year.

• Fire 5

We need more talent true enough. But also need a shift in our mentality. Right now, we're soft, both mentally and physically.

We are playing 2 walk-ons who look like they live at the donut shop, along with 3 so. I think a lot of our tackling has to do with speed. I'm not big on Banker, but will give him a chance to get in more talent. If I do not see improvement next year, I will join the fire Banker clan.

Call us soft or call us whatever. We had people in position to make tackles 20 times which would have gotten us off the field and we didn't do it. Soft? More like piss poor technique.

Yes! There was plenty "softness" and lack of fire, but our atrocious tackling the entire game really stood out. We kept hearing about it be emphasized this year while incorporating the rugby style tackling; they must of just watched a video on it and called it good. I saw plenty of those stupid throw my body at them attempts instead of wrapping up along with some other poor technique attempted tackles.

Hey kids, come play at Nebraska. We've removed the AC and elite facilities and replaced it with rusty weights. You see, this gives the motif of a Rocky film, which makes our fans feel like you'll train harder. It's old school cool. Here's your scholarship offer and video cassette tape of players that were here before you were alive that were good. Jason is the narrator of the videos, he will scream at you about time you can't connect with. You'll just love it here.

#thread

• Fire 3

We had a soft chancellor, who hired a soft AD, who hired a soft coach with a soft style who brought in a soft staff.

This should not be a surprise to anyone who knows.

At the very least you're predictable. :facepalm:

If you don't mind my interruption of the pity party, much thanks to Ryker Fyfe, Brandon R., Alonzo Moore and all the other seniors who did their best and fought. Missed the softness there but I'm confident you will find a way to inject it.

Nate G., live with yourself. You gave your teammates the middle finger when they needed you most.

Too bad that the current admin/staff had no repercussions for truant players.

No argument here. If he was not attending classes most the semester the coaches deserve some of the blame. But ya know what, NG is a grown-ass man who knew what he was doing. Most of the blame goes on his head.

ALL of blame is on his head. When i was in college i didnt have a babysitter. I knew if i missed classes it was on me and would have repercussions. After you graduate high school(really before that)its time to take some responsibility. And especially by the time you get to be a senior in college you should have it figured out. I definitely wouldnt be one of his teammates sticking up for him. Id be the one throwing him under the bus. This is a big part of the problem with our team now. Nobody getting held accountable. We need some enforcers on this team.