How has Penn State completely passed NU?

When does Ronnie Green make his stamp on the University and show Eichorst the door? To me, Perlman has been the issue since day one of 2000 and the last 16 years proved that he was unable to make the right hires. As the stadium is being "enhanced" via another capacity reduction in 2017 it is clear fan interest is waning and the sellout streak is being clung to as the final legacy of the glory years. Too many teams in our conference are overcoming adversity which is brutally worse than what Nebraska has dealt with and are proving that waiting for change only prolongs misery. Sacrificing a position coach here and there only proves the wrong people are being hired in the first place; and it all starts at the top.

jjamuss

Great writing. This is why I come to this board.

The truth sometimes hurts. But ignoring the truth hurts much worse.

bravo

• Fire 1

How much were the 40 scholarships over 4 years reduced by? How does that number compare to what USC got? I remember reading how USC managed the numbers pretty creatively to minimize their impact.

Maybe I'm remembering incorrectly, but didn't they give kids Track and Field scholarships under the guise of "Oh, he just happens to play football too"?

That would be illegal under NCAA rules. Once the dual-sport athlete steps on the field in football, that track scholarship becomes a football scholarship.

Hmmm, I could've sworn there was a program that found some loophole doing that. Miami back in the day perhaps?

Not buying Penn State is way ahead of us.

They are conference champions.

They hired a head coach well known for his recruiting ability.

Rumor is we haven't won a conference championship in a "while", though Eichorst would have you believe we were "in the hunt".

They are ahead of us. To each his own on the judging of distance.

Can not be emphasized enough how big of an effect hiring Joe Moorehead has had on the program. The guy is one of the best playcallers in the nation, and will be a FBS head coach soon. They've recruited slightly better, but the talent composite only has them at 21st where as we are at 25. Just have really good coaches that make the most of that talent.

I think the only PSU game I watched was the Rose Bowl but I'd have to concur based on that.

Is this a trick question?

They have better players, better coaches and the university has done everything in their power to make the program successful....this isn't rocket science.

IF NU ever wants to be elite again, the bean counters need to open their purses and pony up some money for a quality staff. What do you expect from a life time .500 coach at the tail end of his career?

You can't win championships with a budget staff; we'll always be a middle of the road program, just accept it and move on with life.

enjoy the games with your friends, have some fun, root for the team, but don't expect to be nationally relevant any time soon.

C'mon. This has been discussed ad nauseam

Spot on.

They have better players, better coaches and the university has done everything in their power to make the program successful....this isn't rocket science.

IF NU ever wants to be elite again, the bean counters need to open their purses and pony up some money for a quality staff. What do you expect from a life time .500 coach at the tail end of his career?

You can't win championships with a budget staff; we'll always be a middle of the road program, just accept it and move on with life.

enjoy the games with your friends, have some fun, root for the team, but don't expect to be nationally relevant any time soon.

Agree with Dagerow above... good comment.

When does Ronnie Green make his stamp on the University and show Eichorst the door? To me, Perlman has been the issue since day one of 2000 and the last 16 years proved that he was unable to make the right hires. As the stadium is being "enhanced" via another capacity reduction in 2017 it is clear fan interest is waning and the sellout streak is being clung to as the final legacy of the glory years. Too many teams in our conference are overcoming adversity which is brutally worse than what Nebraska has dealt with and are proving that waiting for change only prolongs misery. Sacrificing a position coach here and there only proves the wrong people are being hired in the first place; and it all starts at the top.

I thought they just got done adding seats? Is this for real?

They slightly reduced capacity before the last season, and that will probably continue to be a trend, but this is not nearly as much a reflection on Nebraska specifically as it is a reflection on the sport as a whole. Almost every stadium 'expansion' happening across the country these days either reduces 'normal' seat capacity, increasing luxury box capacity, or both. People just aren't going to sporting events the way they used to.

Agree with Dagerow above... good comment.

we'll leave the light on for ya..........

They slightly reduced capacity before the last season, and that will probably continue to be a trend, but this is not nearly as much a reflection on Nebraska specifically as it is a reflection on the sport as a whole. Almost every stadium 'expansion' happening across the country these days either reduces 'normal' seat capacity, increasing luxury box capacity, or both. People just aren't going to sporting events the way they used to.

I sit where they "enhanced" the stadium in the North Stadium... yeah, I'm a "poor" Husker fan. But the reality is when you have 91000 seats and only sell 90000 seats, you do one of two things... 1) you lose the final identity Nebraska has with the "Greatest Fans" or 2) you reduce the number of seats to match what was actually sold.

Eichorst chose #2.

• Fire 1

jjamuss

Great writing. This is why I come to this board.

The truth sometimes hurts. But ignoring the truth hurts much worse.

bravo

Thanks Psycho!

Is it because they just aren't going? Or, is it they aren't even watching? From everything I read, the NFL is going through a bit of a rough spot with viewership. Are more and more people just not watching football any longer? For me personally, I'd much rather watch the game on my big screen from the comforts of my couch. With every game on now, there's little to no reason for me to ever attend again.