DC Candidate List

Mavric

I was in no way being serious when I contributed Charles Woodson to the conversation and I am fully aware that would be the absolute worst hire in the history of college football. I thought that was obviously ridiculous enough it wouldn't be taken seriously.

Unfortunately sometimes it's hard to tell :dumdum I saw somebody on facebook, seemingly without a hint of irony, suggest Adam Carriker should be interviewed.

Charles Woodson? Jon Gruden?

May or may not be realistic, but those two and a few others would be some splash hires that would grab everyones attention.

I would shoot myself if somebody like Woodson was hired. Some people just dont understand that coaches coach, players play. Just b/c you were a great player doesnt mean you will be a great coach. I mean, the guy is a f'ing football analyst on tv right now. Hes NOT a coach!

I agree with you, but being a tv analyst is a pretty poor argument. Urban Meyer, Bobby Knight, Bill Parcells, Bill Cowher, Tony Dungy, Herm Edwards, there's a million really good to not so good former coaches on tv.

Hell.....Steve Kerr?

You just listed analysts that were coaches before. Woodson has only been a player, never a coach. And btw, i will never consider coaching nba teams even close to being as challenging as coaching college or nfl football.

Charles Woodson? Jon Gruden?

May or may not be realistic, but those two and a few others would be some splash hires that would grab everyones attention.

I would shoot myself if somebody like Woodson was hired. Some people just dont understand that coaches coach, players play. Just b/c you were a great player doesnt mean you will be a great coach. I mean, the guy is a f'ing football analyst on tv right now. Hes NOT a coach!

I agree with you, but being a tv analyst is a pretty poor argument. Urban Meyer, Bobby Knight, Bill Parcells, Bill Cowher, Tony Dungy, Herm Edwards, there's a million really good to not so good former coaches on tv.

Hell.....Steve Kerr?

You just listed analysts that were coaches before. Woodson has only been a player, never a coach. And btw, i will never consider coaching nba teams even close to being as challenging as coaching college or nfl football.

Yeah, the NBA is all about managing egos. Not saying there is no talent involved in that, though.