Huskers in the 2017 NFL Draft

Mavric

Well, lowest number of huskers taken since 1965. I'm surprised anyone was drafted out of our class.

For all those who argued coaching or talent, I give you these draft results......... Damn. One guy. In round 5, who IMO, was one of our best players........(I thought we had talent)

"Talent" is relative, subjective, and in the eye of the beholder.

Talent to win and play at a high level in college is NOT the same as having draftable NFL talent. It's not even close to being the same.

• Fire 3

Well, lowest number of huskers taken since 1965. I'm surprised anyone was drafted out of our class.

For all those who argued coaching or talent, I give you these draft results......... Damn. One guy. In round 5, who IMO, was one of our best players........(I thought we had talent)

Talent to win and play at a high level in college is NOT the same as having draftable NFL talent. It's not even close to being the same.

Well, I would say the fact that the colleges with the most players drafted are the ones competing for championships tells a different story
  • Fire 4

It's not far off. There's a reason Alabama just sent an almost record amout of kids Pro. Even Chicago couldn't help but take a Bama guy, and they drafted two DII and an FCS guy!

And the last couple years, we havent had much of either when ya get down to it.

I would think that recruiting ratings, W-L record, and to a certain amount, kids invited to combine and those getting drafted are fair markers of "projected" talent on a team.

Last year's team was the least talented Husker team I'd seen, so no surprise with the lack of draftees. Here's to having more talent in the future. :cheers

I would agree with this.

I thought that was two years ago when we lost to Purdue et al?

• Fire 1

Last year's team was the least talented Husker team I'd seen, so no surprise with the lack of draftees. Here's to having more talent in the future. :cheers

I would agree with this.
I thought that was two years ago when we lost to Purdue et al?
Q, the level of talent on the team is best measured relative to the argument.
  • Fire 1

Just more evidence of how bare Pelini left the cupboard for Riley. Nine wins with such a lack of talent is pretty impressive.

Only one year since 2004 have we had more draft picks than we had last year. Which would include all Callahan's classes.

But whatever makes you feel better.

Doesn't change the fact that we won't have that many this year and he was clearly referencing this season. We had a senior laden team with no depth behind them that could maybe get 2 drafted. I think he has a point.

Eh, the story last year was we didn't have as much talent as Purdue and that didn't really turn out to be the case. And what Pelini left clearly includes last year's team so it's pretty obvious that not all the struggles can be blamed on talent.

And #9Wins used to be guaranteed by the schedule. Now it's apparently pretty impressive.

People weren't expecting as many or as high of draft picks as we got last year so I guess I'll wait until it's actually over before casting judgement.

There is so much bs in your post. You take artist liberties pretty seriously.

I seriously think you are the biggest troll here.

I guess this doesn't seem like trolling it just seems like what all of us actually think but that some don't want to say.

9 wins was made fun of...over and over...a monkey could get 9 wins...the schedule is a joke and so on but now last years 9 wins was really impressive...

And we really did have posters posting how Purdue had more talent and/or higher ranked players than NU...shoot we still have people pretending like that loss to Purdue was "okay" even though Purdue has like 2 conference wins in the last 4 years.

Lets face it...the SECOND that BYU caught the Hail Mary pass...was the same exact second that 9 wins became impressive and it was also the same exact second that the word "toxic" became part of the message boards.

This right here. The revisionist history is ridiculous. When people said "you can't fire a coach who wins 9 games" the response was "Our schedule isn't goods, and 9 wins doesn't mean anything, it's easy."

Remember the "talent chart" that was being thrown around with those made up numbers to justify how Purdue had better players? I'm on mobile, or I'd link it.

Good lord. It doesn't change that we appear to be trending up in recruiting, but we also historically out recruit our peers in the division.

• Fire 1

Eh, it's too small a sample size. Example: Penn State had one guy drafted, and they won the conference.

• Fire 4

I think it's fair to say that the talent dropped off during Bo's tenure. However, there wasn't many people saying guys like Armstrong, Westerkamp, Carter, and Banderas couldn't be very good players at NU when they were being recruited. Westy went down to ND and NU when he was recruited and that was a big win for NU. I think where Bo was beginning to do well in recruiting is in the final 2 years before his firing. There are plenty of talented players that are now juniors and seniors that should get a look in the NFL in 2018 and 2019. Should Bo get credit for bringing those guys on campus? I think so.

• Fire 1

Just more evidence of how bare Pelini left the cupboard for Riley. Nine wins with such a lack of talent is pretty impressive.

Only one year since 2004 have we had more draft picks than we had last year. Which would include all Callahan's classes.

But whatever makes you feel better.

Doesn't change the fact that we won't have that many this year and he was clearly referencing this season. We had a senior laden team with no depth behind them that could maybe get 2 drafted. I think he has a point.

Eh, the story last year was we didn't have as much talent as Purdue and that didn't really turn out to be the case. And what Pelini left clearly includes last year's team so it's pretty obvious that not all the struggles can be blamed on talent.

And #9Wins used to be guaranteed by the schedule. Now it's apparently pretty impressive.

People weren't expecting as many or as high of draft picks as we got last year so I guess I'll wait until it's actually over before casting judgement.

There is so much bs in your post. You take artist liberties pretty seriously.

I seriously think you are the biggest troll here.

I guess this doesn't seem like trolling it just seems like what all of us actually think but that some don't want to say.

9 wins was made fun of...over and over...a monkey could get 9 wins...the schedule is a joke and so on but now last years 9 wins was really impressive...

And we really did have posters posting how Purdue had more talent and/or higher ranked players than NU...shoot we still have people pretending like that loss to Purdue was "okay" even though Purdue has like 2 conference wins in the last 4 years.

Lets face it...the SECOND that BYU caught the Hail Mary pass...was the same exact second that 9 wins became impressive and it was also the same exact second that the word "toxic" became part of the message boards.

This right here. The revisionist history is ridiculous. When people said "you can't fire a coach who wins 9 games" the response was "Our schedule isn't goods, and 9 wins doesn't mean anything, it's easy."

Remember the "talent chart" that was being thrown around with those made up numbers to justify how Purdue had better players? I'm on mobile, or I'd link it.

Good lord. It doesn't change that we appear to be trending up in recruiting, but we also historically out recruit our peers in the division.

The talent chart was amazing! It tried making Purdue look like the 85 bears!

Having 2/3rds of the coordinators being poor, and the other one running an offense that is not built for the talent we had sure didn't help us in the draft. Next year we will look back and see how bad banker was. 450 was terrible too. Hard to shine when you are not put in position to be successful.

• Fire 2