Trump supporter hypocrisy

How about Republicans claiming Obama was the most divisive President in history......but now crickets.

The only reason we have this division right now is because of Obama BRB. If it weren't for him everyone would be on board with Trump.

Figured we could talk here about Trump supporters getting up in arms about something they look/looked the other way for either when Trump did it or when it was done to the Obamas.

Exhibit 1:

People are going crazy on my FB and on conservative sites about how the SNL writer was mean to Barron Trump. I could understand that, because it was an awful thing to say about a 10 year old. She should be fired.

The problem is these same people voted for Trump who has insulted pretty much every group of people and many individuals except for White males. Most of the people complaining about the former said nothing about the latter, and they voted for him.

Exhibit 2: I just read a comment by someone telling liberals to quit complaining about the expense of guarding Melania. Again I would agree... it's a stupid complaint, but every time Obama used Air Force One or Michelle went somewhere, there were complaints all over the place about the cost.

I am so sick of idiots.

How do you know these people are hypocrites? Just because some people did this one thing, and these other people did this other thing, doesn't necessarily make any of them hypocrites. Unless you know for a fact it is the same person. Seems a little unfair to throw that tag at individuals without more specifics to go on. Do you know these people looked the other way when Trump did something similar or when it was done to the Obamas? Seems kind of like stereotyping or prejudice without further proof.

I could complain about the Baron thing (if I even knew what it was) and not be a hypocrite. Personally I think the kids should be off limits and I don't care if they're Trump's or Clinton's or Obama's.

A leftist SNL writer attacked a 10 year old kid who happened to be the son of a Republican President.

The epitome of and the poster child of the left.

You're making a big assumption here. I think you'll find many on the "left" agreeing with you on this issue.

• Fire 1

I didn't say I read an article or heard about something or say that all Trump voters or Trump supporters did something.

I said I'm seeing people on my FB. Like everyone who has a FB, I have FB friends who differ from me politically. What I posted applies to at least 6 of them, today. Did you want me to tell you their names or something? I do know for a fact they're hypocrites. They did exactly what I posted.

No, don't get all bent out of shape. If you'r saying specific people are hypocrites, I'll take your word for it. But your first posts didn't read that way to me. Maybe I went way off on a tangent for no reason.

You're accusing me of getting bent out of shape like you can hear the tone of my voice.

I could hear the tone of your voice. I've got powers... ;-) Seriously though, doesn't everybody read these posts and interpret a tone with them? I'm sure it's often wrong but still, we all do it.

Everybody does - and it's 50/50 whether you get it right or wrong. But often, when it's a woman any assertive comment is read by men as being shrill. Not saying it's the case here.

Quit telling me what to do. You and Moiraine sound just like my wife. :P

It's a joke. Really. :cheers

I didn't say I read an article or heard about something or say that all Trump voters or Trump supporters did something.

I said I'm seeing people on my FB. Like everyone who has a FB, I have FB friends who differ from me politically. What I posted applies to at least 6 of them, today. Did you want me to tell you their names or something? I do know for a fact they're hypocrites. They did exactly what I posted.

No, don't get all bent out of shape. If you'r saying specific people are hypocrites, I'll take your word for it. But your first posts didn't read that way to me. Maybe I went way off on a tangent for no reason.

You're accusing me of getting bent out of shape like you can hear the tone of my voice.

I could hear the tone of your voice. I've got powers... ;-) Seriously though, doesn't everybody read these posts and interpret a tone with them? I'm sure it's often wrong but still, we all do it.

Everybody does - and it's 50/50 whether you get it right or wrong. But often, when it's a woman any assertive comment is read by men as being shrill. Not saying it's the case here.

Quit telling me what to do. You and Moiraine sound just like my wife. :P

It's a joke. Really. :cheers

It made me laugh. I miss your old screen name.

I guess I need to get back on Facebook. Haven't logged in to mine in over a year, maybe 2 years. Don't miss it. At. All.

And I haven't watched Hannity or O'Reilly in almost 2 years. Maybe I just don't expose myself to as much bullsh#t as some of y'all. I find I'm generally happier when I avoid the cable news and national news and much of social media. HB is by far the most exposure I get to other people's opinions and to a lesser extent even basic news.

Even if I weren't on facebook, I would be witnessing it. I live in central Nebraska where almost everyone I know is a staunch Republican and they think everyone they know is too. They have no problem telling jokes or passing emails/text messages back and forth.

Hypocrisy is running rampant right now. When I even start to mention something about it, they look at me like I ran over their cat or something.

See, I don't get that where I live at all. It's a real mixed bag, probably about 50/50, pretty much just like the whole state of CO. We have friends and acquaintances that lean both ways. For people I don't know real well, I try to completely avoid political discussion. We tend to interact with a lot of teachers and people involved in education and my daughters school. I always assume that most of them tend towards the left but I have been amazed at how conservative many of them are.

You know, hypocrisy isn't the biggest deal in the world to me. We're all hypocrites in a variety of ways.

What I find useful, and it's not totally disconnected, is establishing what we do stand for and then having debates over your stances on what's happening now in that context. I'm positive that most people anywhere would consider themselves advocates for women and minorities, for example. And maybe this is a small distinction, but my goal would not be to cast them as hypocrites (which is quite perjorative), but to make the positive case whenever needed that some of their statements or beliefs aren't properly aligning with this thing that they stand for.

For me, anyway, that's alway a great reason to change my stance on something. I guarantee you that all of us are unwittingly going along with things, and we'd stop it if we could be gently made to see the connection.

• Fire 1

There are hypocrites everywhere and if you look in the mirror you'll find one there as well. ;) Have we not all said one thing and done another, or possibly broken a promise or commitment, or even had a honest change of mind that made us appear hypocritical. Ask my wife and she'll tell you at times I'm a hypo also :o . There are hypos in the repub party, the dem party, the conservative movement and the liberal movement. But since Moiraine asked :hellloooo here are some ideas where the liberals are hypocritical.

A quick search brings these examples - some old, some new I offer them with no opinion one way or the other. The left I'm sure as noted in above posts can post just as many I'm sure. The fact is, there are few truly honorable men and women who live their lives blamelessly. He who is without sin, cast the first stone.

http://www.truenews.org/Liberalism/hypocrises_of_liberalism.html

http://thefederalistpapers.org/us/liberal-hypocrisy-on-tolerance-perfectly-exposed

http://listverse.com/2009/05/02/10-cases-of-liberal-hypocrisy/

You know, hypocrisy isn't the biggest deal in the world to me. We're all hypocrites in a variety of ways.
What I find useful, and it's not totally disconnected, is establishing what we do stand for and then having debates over your stances on what's happening now in that context. I'm positive that most people anywhere would consider themselves advocates for women and minorities, for example. And maybe this is a small distinction, but my goal would not be to cast them as hypocrites (which is quite perjorative), but to make the positive case whenever needed that some of their statements or beliefs aren't properly aligning with this thing that they stand for.
For me, anyway, that's alway a great reason to change my stance on something. I guarantee you that all of us are unwittingly going along with things, and we'd stop it if we could be gently made to see the connection.

Excellent post zoogs. And there you go again (quoting my conservative friend Reagan) your vocabulary is becoming exemplary - see bold - even irreproachable