BigRedBuster

Trump Foreign Policy

19 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

Why do military people support this guy?

Military people are very rigorously trained to see the world as black/white and to accept and embrace heirarchy. Good soldiers don't question authority or deal in shades of grey.

1 hour ago, Clifford Franklin said:

Chain of command, probably.

I get active duty military people doing so, though I've heard there's a fair share who realize he's a moron as well. I don't get vets sticking up for the guy. They have no obligation to support him. Sure, respect the office of Command in Chief. But the man himself is an embarrassment. He still hasn't visited any troops and it's been almost 2 years. 

I'd be curious to hear, too, what people think about the move to withdraw troops itself. I know it's not completely awful because I wouldn't have been totally upset if Obama had done something similar. But he deferred to his military advisors and never did. But as usual, Trump's process and motives are vainglorious trash.

The 2nd part bothers me as well. The Obama hate bothers me and this is another example. He hired Republicans to be his advisers in a lot of the military positions. He didn’t have to do that and he gets no credit for it. Obama knew which areas he wasn’t an expert in. Trump thinks he’s an expert in everything. 

1 hour ago, commando said:

is isis defeated or not?

Could a Trumper come in and help decipher this please?

:ohnoes

17 hours ago, Clifford Franklin said:

Chain of command, probably.

I get active duty military people doing so, though I've heard there's a fair share who realize he's a moron as well. I don't get vets sticking up for the guy. They have no obligation to support him. Sure, respect the office of Command in Chief. But the man himself is an embarrassment. He still hasn't visited any troops and it's been almost 2 years. 

I'd be curious to hear, too, what people think about the move to withdraw troops itself. I know it's not completely awful because I wouldn't have been totally upset if Obama had done something similar. But he deferred to his military advisors and never did. But as usual, Trump's process and motives are vainglorious trash.

Regarding the bold, I posted this on the NK thread:

Yesterday - Trump announced we beat ISIS and will be withdrawing our troops.  Sounds a bit like "Mission Accomplished".  Trump wants to claim victories where ever he

can to boast his ego and his poll #s and to deflect the damage of his scandals.   It takes work to see something through the end.  Trump's quick deal wt NK will ring hollow

when the next president has to deal with a still rebellious dictator in NK.  The same is true in Syria.  He will make the same mistake that he accused Obama of  - withdrawing

troops too quickly wt a time line and allowing ISIS to rebuild. Mission UNaccoumplished.

I'll add to the above that he looses all credibility with allies, enemies, and our own military and their leaders.  His narcissistic life style is undermining everything credible about our country.

As mentioned above, he need to change the news narrative, so why not throw out another bombshell regardless of its affect on the country. 

Is anyone suffering from Trump Fatigue??:ohnoes  I contend that Trump Fatigue is a real thing - the affect of continual stress, not knowing what the jerk is going to do or say next and its affect on the country that we (liberals, conservatives, moderates) all love.

• Plus1 2

2 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

:ohnoes

Regarding the bold, I posted this on the NK thread:

I'll add to the above that he looses all credibility with allies, enemies, and our own military and their leaders.  His narcissistic life style is undermining everything credible about our country.

As mentioned above, he need to change the news narrative, so why not throw out another bombshell regardless of its affect on the country. 

Is anyone suffering from Trump Fatigue??:ohnoes  I contend that Trump Fatigue is a real thing - the affect of continual stress, not knowing what the jerk is going to do or say next and its affect on the country that we (liberals, conservatives, moderates) all love.

Re: "Trump Fatigue"....

Yes, it's real and I suffer from it :P

I know longer care about following the crap storm of this man.  Either I'll vote against him in 2020, or I'll celebrate when he resigns or get's removed from office.  Until then, he won't change and I'm tired of being reminded how pathetic our President is....

3 hours ago, TGHusker said:

Absolutely.

I'm sure there are others who love all the antics and the continual bullying and degradation of the office, but I pay as little as possible to the man himself. I try to post what I think is legitimately important stuff, but early on my eyes began glazing over whenever I see a tweet of his. I rarely finish them anymore unless Colbert or someone is doing a bit on them and reads them. I'm tired of meaningless news cycles and endless conjecture and back & forth between opposing sides all because he isn't responsible and competent enough to comport himself like a president should, much less like a fully developed adult man.

I'm sure this is a very well thought our plan guys. I'm sure trump is just going to pull out the troops and abandon the kurds who helped us defeat isis to get slaughter by a wack job like Erdogan and leave russia as the only king maker in syria.

so...trump wants us out of syria because erdogon wants to go after our allies in the war against isis and trump is afraid of him?

2 hours ago, commando said:

so...trump wants us out of syria because erdogon wants to go after our allies in the war against isis and trump is afraid of him?

Except for israel the kurds are probably the most pro america group of people in the middle east and trump is going to sit back and watch as an Islamist slaughters them.

• Plus1 1

13 minutes ago, LumberJackSker said:

Except for israel the kurds are probably the most pro america group of people in the middle east and trump is going to sit back and watch as an Islamist slaughters them.

i am old enough to remember when tin horn dictators like edgoron didn't tell the united states to get the f#&% out of their way.   our past presidents told them to go to hell if they tried that s#!t....trump says...ok....

2 hours ago, LumberJackSker said:

All the people in that region are the same to him - not White.

• Plus1 2

Stephen Miller:

Are we supposed to stay in Syria for generation after generation spilling American blood?

I know every life is important, but 3  U.S. soldiers have died there.

Also, Trump should stop pretending he cares about Israel.

Miller is ignorant, nativist little vermin. What a creep.

I love how all these Trump people give really give a sh#t about the thousands upon thousands of civilians who have been wantonly slaughtered by Putin and Assad in Syria. Or the Kurds who've had our backs over there.

Creepy little weirdos like Miller don't understand protecting them or returning favors to those who are owed them.

20 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Wait.....I thought we beat ISIS. 

does this turn back the clock on the mattis resignation?  he resigned because he disagreed with the syrian pullout....now we aren't leaving?

1 hour ago, commando said:

does this turn back the clock on the mattis resignation?  he resigned because he disagreed with the syrian pullout....now we aren't leaving?

Maybe this was his way of getting rid of him

5 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

He's has such an amazingly talented foreign policy mind.

Eventually something is going to happen again in the middle east and we will need the kurds help whether its in syria, iraq or iran. How many times can we abandon them and still expect them to help. 

Desert storm, allowing iraq to use its iran backed militias to attack them and now allowing the turks to probably slaughter them. The next time something happens they may not be there.

6 hours ago, LumberJackSker said:

Eventually something is going to happen again in the middle east and we will need the kurds help whether its in syria, iraq or iran. How many times can we abandon them and still expect them to help. 

Desert storm, allowing iraq to use its iran backed militias to attack them and now allowing the turks to probably slaughter them. The next time something happens they may not be there.

I was thinking about this today.

It doesn't only look bad to the Kurds, although it sucks that they aided us and now we're going to bail on them (again). The rest of the world is watching that and probably wondering if sticking your neck out for the U.S. around the world is worth it. This is the erosion of U.S. soft power in real time. Nobody is going to want to help this erratic, unpredictable administration out around the globe.

Let alone all the conflicting messages and incoherent mess this apparent withdrawal has produced. It not only looks like we're bailing on an ally, it looks like the people running our government aren't on the same page.

41 minutes ago, Clifford Franklin said:

I was thinking about this today.

It doesn't only look bad to the Kurds, although it sucks that they aided us and now we're going to bail on them (again). The rest of the world is watching that and probably wondering if sticking your neck out for the U.S. around the world is worth it. This is the erosion of U.S. soft power in real time. Nobody is going to want to help this erratic, unpredictable administration out around the globe.

Let alone all the conflicting messages and incoherent mess this apparent withdrawal has produced. It not only looks like we're bailing on an ally, it looks like the people running our government aren't on the same page.

Putin/Russia won in syria. A few years ago assad looked like he would get over thrown but russia, iran and Hezbollah stuck with him and the us and the west did almost nothing even when he used chemical weapons against civilians. 

Obama's red line debacle and now trump doing the old cut and run has done a lot of damage. Russia now looks like a more reliable ally than the US.

The president has said that he will economically devastate Turkey if they do anything to the Kurds.  Which is a direct threat to a NATO ally.  But at this point, he doesn't really care.

30 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Yeah.....ISIS has been defeated.

Image result for mission accomplished

• Plus1 2

Good. No one person should have the power to dissolve alliances. 

Putin had to be salivating at the thought of a US withdrawal from the most powerful alliance in the world. He's gotta be loving the Trump Era.

• Plus1 1

15 hours ago, knapplc said:

Good. No one person should have the power to dissolve alliances. 

Putin had to be salivating at the thought of a US withdrawal from the most powerful alliance in the world. He's gotta be loving the Trump Era.

Putin devised, strategized  and paid for the Trump Era

• Plus1 1