Trump Foreign Policy

It turns out that when you blurt out extremely sensitive code-word intel to an adversary in the Oval Office and then embarrass the source's head of state by blurting out how you *totally* didn't mention them (thus confirming the source) while standing right next to him on camera...

You're gonna have a bad time.

• Fire 2

All Trump told Duterte was that there were 2 nuclear subs involved with N. Korea. As a former submariner I don't like that he's broadcasting this information, but it's also not enough or in enough detail to harm us in any meaningful way. I'd rather stay focused on the stuff that actually hurts us.

All Trump told Duterte was that there were 2 nuclear subs involved with N. Korea. As a former submariner I don't like that he's broadcasting this information, but it's also not enough or in enough detail to harm us in any meaningful way. I'd rather stay focused on the stuff that actually hurts us.
You have to think of it more than just as a potential danger to the submarines.

He's talking to someone who recently said his country is no longer an ally to the U.S., and telling him something that might push North Korea over the edge if they find out about it. Who knows, maybe it was him who leaked it to the press* and not an American. It's exactly what we don't need and Trump is an idiot to talk to this guy about it.

The three of them are all lunatics who should be alone on an island somewhere. Not leading countries.

*Edit: I know nothing about the Daily Caller but:

"The transcript was made by the Philippine government and was later leaked on Tuesday to two liberal news outlets, The Washington Post and The Intercept. The latter outlet obtained the transcript through a partner organization in the Philippines. Both outlets posted the full transcript online, without any redactions."

http://dailycaller.com/2017/05/23/filipino-gov-leaks-trump-duterte-transcript-to-the-media/

Also from CNN:

"The comments were reportedly part of a Philippine government transcript."

Trump is a dumb ass. It should be obvious with anyone who has 2 brain cells to rub together that talking to this guy about it was a bad idea. We don't need increased tensions with North Korea. Nor do any of the countries near them.

Trump can freely give away a lot of information that we make a practice of keeping up wraps without materially spiking a football into our own crotches; this does not mean his habit of nonchalantly doing so isn't a *serious* problem.