The Right-Wing Disinformation Machine

17 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

you still seem to think it serves some purpose for him to be interviewed by someone from the US.

No I don’t and I have not ever said I did.  You obviously have me confused with another poster.  I’ve literally just said people like have been interviewed for decades.  That’s it. 

• TBH 2

12 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

Okay. Thanks for the info but I never claimed he hadn’t been interviewed. And as has been pointed out, I don’t believe any US journalists have interviewed him since his little foray into Ukraine and Tucker has a long proven history of pimping for him.

he has jailed a few journalists.   but tucker got v.i.p. treatment

• Plus1 2
50 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

No I don’t and I have not ever said I did.  You obviously have me confused with another poster.  I’ve literally just said people like have been interviewed for decades.  That’s it. 

Apparently I misunderstood what you meant by this post.

5 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

I’m certainly not saying Tucker is the appropriate person to do this interview.  I’m saying it’s funny that posters have a problem that Putin is being interviewed when people like him have been interviewed for decades.  

Okay. So why is it funny that posters have a problem with Putin being interviewed?

Whether or not people like him have been interviewed for decades really isn’t an explanation of your amusement. So why is it funny in this instance?

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1

Putin wouldn't dare sit down with a respected Western journalist. He knows he'd get eviscerated.

So he does these safe "interviews" with compliant patsies who ask questions that (accidentally, of course) give Putin the opportunity to get his message out. 

At least real journalists are calling out this slug.

• Plus1 2
  • TBH 1
3 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Putin wouldn't dare sit down with a respected Western journalist. He knows he'd get eviscerated.

So he does these safe "interviews" with compliant patsies who ask questions that (accidentally, of course) give Putin the opportunity to get his message out. 

At least real journalists are calling out this slug.

She would be a good one to do it.  

• Plus1 1

9 hours ago, JJ Husker said:
14 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

Okay. So why is it funny that posters have a problem with Putin being interviewed?

Whether or not people like him have been interviewed for decades really isn’t an explanation of your amusement. So why is it funny in this instance?

If someone didn’t have an issue with  Hussein being interviewed,  if someone didn’t have a problem with Bin Laden being interviewed, if someone didn’t have a problem with any of the Iranian leaders being interviewed, if someone didn’t have a problem with…….well you get the point, but now have a problem with Putin being interviewed because he will spew his own propaganda then that’s funny. 

Why does my amusement pain you  so much that you have now reached the arguing for no reason stage of the discussion once again?  You do understand we both agree the interview will be pointless and we both agree Tucker shouldn’t be doing the pointless interview yet you want to argue over the word “funny”:dunno

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1
1 hour ago, Archy1221 said:

If someone didn’t have an issue with  Hussein being interviewed,  if someone didn’t have a problem with Bin Laden being interviewed, if someone didn’t have a problem with any of the Iranian leaders being interviewed, if someone didn’t have a problem with…….well you get the point, but now have a problem with Putin being interviewed because he will spew his own propaganda then that’s funny. 

Why does my amusement pain you  so much that you have now reached the arguing for no reason stage of the discussion once again?  You do understand we both agree the interview will be pointless and we both agree Tucker shouldn’t be doing the pointless interview yet you want to argue over the word “funny”:dunno

So the explanation is the strawman of “people” didn’t have a problem with Bin Laden or Hussein etc. being interviewed but now they do with Putin.:lol:  It’s like clockwork, you immediately fall in line with the far right MAGA talking points of the day but when pressed your position often softens. Begging us to “believe what I say, not what I do”.

I guess I get my kicks out of making you walk back your crazier BS.

• Plus1 2
  • TBH 2