Trump Legal Troubles

When I woke up on Tuesday morning and checked my phone there was a large bold headline on CNN that said "Trump Pleads Guilty to Jan 6th Charges." I was shocked and planned on reading it after getting ready. When I got back  to it, there was no such headline. Wondering if I dreamed it. :ahhhhhhhh Maybe i missed the word NOT

• Oh Yeah! 1
3 hours ago, TGHusker said:

5 years  - I wonder if he goes into the slammer after his conviction or after his appeals which will certainly come?

I would guess after appeals, just because of the potential ramifications of it.  Plus his buddy CT oversees GA for the SCOTUS.  So I’m sure it would go all the way up there.  However, if there are co-conspirators convicted, then shouldn’t there be equal treatment for all?  Unfortunately, I just don’t see Trump doing any serious time behind bars because of our multi-tiered justice system.  

• TBH 1
42 minutes ago, Decoy73 said:

I would guess after appeals, just because of the potential ramifications of it.  Plus his buddy CT oversees GA for the SCOTUS.  So I’m sure it would go all the way up there.  However, if there are co-conspirators convicted, then shouldn’t there be equal treatment for all?  Unfortunately, I just don’t see Trump doing any serious time behind bars because of our multi-tiered justice system.  

He most likely won’t do any time behind bars because of the secret service protection issue from what I’m reading lately.   Could be more of a house arrest type thing. 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 2

The sooner the better. 

Federal prosecutors are proposing a January 2024 trial for the election case. Prosecutors say their presentation would take "no longer” than 4-6 weeks. They say a speed trial is of “particular significance here, where the defendant, a former president, is charged with conspiring to overturn the legitimate results of the 2020 presidential election, obstruct the certification of the election results, and discount citizens’ legitimate votes.”

• Oh Yeah! 1

"In this unfolding incident, Atlanta-area prosecutors are reportedly in possession of text messages and emails that directly link members of Donald Trump's legal team to a voting system breach in Coffee County, Georgia, shortly after the 2020 election. Fulton County District Attorney Fani Willis is preparing to seek charges against over a dozen individuals, including those involved in the breach, as part of a broader criminal probe into efforts to overturn the election results. The evidence suggests that the breach was not an organic effort but a coordinated attempt by Trump's team to access sensitive voting software, contributing to their baseless claims of widespread fraud."

• Thanks 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1