The Republican Utopia

18 hours ago, TGHusker said:

Seems like more Q brainwashing going on below her post also by Paula Pennypacker :facepalm:

But Polly Pennypacker is a "warrior for Christ".  I question the efficacy of any religion that leaves you angry and delusional.  

• Plus1 1

6 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

Why is this a partisan issue?

And why are people making fun of it so much? They do know there are loads of people that work on all different kinds of things in the government, right? Getting this done doesn't slow down other things, and it was already in motion. They are just putting it back into motion.

• Plus1 2

The single greatest thing Congress can get behind to help restore ethics and governing back to Congress.  Hope some Democrats get behind this and get a bi-partisan wave of support going.   I would also hope the press gives this some life so the people who normally don’t follow Cruz know what is trying to be accomplished. My guess is this goes nowhere though.  

https://www.cruz.senate.gov/files/documents/Bills/HEN21025.pdf

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

The single greatest thing Congress can get behind to help restore ethics and governing back to Congress.  Hope some Democrats get behind this and get a bi-partisan wave of support going.   I would also hope the press gives this some life so the people who normally don’t follow Cruz know what is trying to be accomplished. My guess is this goes nowhere though.  

Pretty sure getting money, and more specifically dark money, out of politics would be the single greatest thing they could get behind to restore ethics.

• Plus1 1

4 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Is this Ted Cruz's brilliant plan to distract people from the fact that he openly encouraged the attack on the Capitol that left five people dead?

Ted Cruz is scum who deserves to be drummed out of Congress. Dude belongs in jail.

• Plus1 2
2 minutes ago, ZRod said:

Pretty sure getting money, and more specifically dark money, out of politics would be the single greatest thing they could get behind to restore ethics.

I disagree but why not do both. 

1 minute ago, knapplc said:

Is this Ted Cruz's brilliant plan to distract people from the fact that he openly encouraged the attack on the Capitol that left five people dead?

Ted Cruz is scum who deserves to be drummed out of Congress. Dude belongs in jail.

:ahhhhhhhh

• Plus1 1
13 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

I disagree but why not do both. 

:ahhhhhhhh

I can understand the terms limits on Congress which is always a s#!t show. The Senate has always been an older steadier hand.

There is always an inherent risk when you remove a group of people who have gained experience and wisdom through their time served.

It's laughable that you don't think money is the biggest ethical issue.

• Plus1 1
10 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Funny how we're trying to just gloss over a guy aiding and abetting an attack on the Capitol which resulted in five deaths because he has the right letter beside his name.

Funny how he wasn’t aiding and abetting, but you quickly change the subject from term limit legislation.  

• Plus1 1