The Republican Utopia

3 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

No because they weren’t in charge.   Harry and Chuck would have done the exact same thing so let’s not get all Pius here about those folks.  

That’s strictly a matter of opinion.  If you want to voice your opinion on specific historical matters please share 

Did Harry and Chuck ever do that?

It's not opinion. Mitch is pure garbage. He takes pleasure in being an obstructionist instead of working across the isle. He supported the tobacco industries for decades, taking their money and spewing their talking points. He's block funding for 9/11 first responder bills more than once. He opposes stricter campaign finance laws, and is the reason we have laissez-faire financing right now.

• Plus1 3
1 hour ago, knapplc said:

Not according to Moscow Mitch.

We voted for President Obama. A Supreme Court position came open under his Presidency, and Mitch didn't abide by the will of the people.

If Dems had owned the Senate that would not have happened, so the prior election put Mitch in a place to pull the Texas two step. Or whatever it's called in Kentucky. It seems to me when politicians change the "rules", it comes back to bite them. Mitch will get his just like the Dems did for changing the filibuster rules on judicial nominees. Repubs extended that to SCOTUS nominees and who knows what the Dems will do next to escalate.

• Plus1 2
1 hour ago, ZRod said:

Did Harry and Chuck ever do that?

No, but Harry admitted he lied about Mitt on purpose so it’s fair game to say he would have if put in similar position to Mitch.   It would ignorant to say otherwise.  

2 hours ago, ZRod said:

It's not opinion. Mitch is pure garbage.

That’s actually an opinion.  

• Plus1 2
7 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

No, but Harry admitted he lied about Mitt on purpose so it’s fair game to say he would have if put in similar position to Mitch.   It would ignorant to say otherwise.  

That’s actually an opinion.  

No. It's a fact. No one should come anywhere close to ever defending that human excrement.

I didn't even mention him likely being in bed with a Russian oligarch.

• Plus1 1

2 hours ago, ZRod said:

He supported the tobacco industries for decades, taking their money and spewing their talking points

Your surprised politicians take money from companies that do business in the US?  Is the tobacco industry my favorite?  No, but let’s carry this forward.   How many politicians have taken money from the banking and credit card industry who have totally crushed and ruined people for years upon years.  Or private equity firms who put public companies into play when they have no business to be put into position causing un-needed mergers costing hundreds of thousands of jobs over the past decade.   I mean, let’s not stop with tobacco if we’re gonna do this and not stop with Mitch.  Our current President has made a living taking money from the first group for decades.   

• Fire 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1

5 hours ago, nic said:

If Dems had owned the Senate that would not have happened, so the prior election put Mitch in a place to pull the Texas two step. Or whatever it's called in Kentucky. It seems to me when politicians change the "rules", it comes back to bite them. Mitch will get his just like the Dems did for changing the filibuster rules on judicial nominees. Repubs extended that to SCOTUS nominees and who knows what the Dems will do next to escalate.

Agree that the politicization of the judicial branch is complete. To the detriment of the foundation of a free nation.

• Plus1 1