The Republican Utopia

1 hour ago, Archy1221 said:

Well, that kid never said or implied “he alone” can see clearly when no one can.  
It seems he does say he has learned life lessons his elders, from his Religion, and from being humble.  Seems like pretty good traits for us normal folk.  

Funny, you'd be saying the exact opposite if the same kid wrote an op-ed with the opinions reversed.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, commando said:

kind of like that climate girl...what was her name...greta something?  the far right slammed her hard.   

Well to be fair she had three strikes against her:

1. She was advocating for change to impact the environment (positively)
  2. She was a SHE
  3. She was a foreigner
  • Plus1 1
36 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

Funny, you'd be saying the exact opposite if the same kid wrote an op-ed with the opinions reversed.

Doubtful.  I’m sure some HS kid has written an oped somewhere that says what you are claiming to be the opposite opinion.  

Show me the example of where I disparaged that kid like what has happened here to this one.  Otherwise you are once again( and again and again and again) just plain making stuff up.  

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1
19 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Show me the example of where I disparaged that kid like what has happened here to this one.  Otherwise you are once again( and again and again and again) just plain making stuff up.  

lol....show us where anyone said you did

5 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

So now a Christian upbringing is privileged?  Going to a public charter school is privileged?   LOL 

His entire narrative rests on the idea that he is specially equipped to see the truth and to resist the temptations of woke culture because of the advantages given to him by his upbringing.

Privilege seems like a dictionary definition perfect word to use for that.

• Plus1 1
41 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

The funniest part about all this is that some of us were having a discussion about an OpEd a kid wrote and you and @RedDenverhad to instead make the discussion about me for some reason.  

i asked why you thought someone was accusing you of something.  your professional victim card is getting worn kind of thin

• Plus1 1
19 minutes ago, Lorewarn said:

His entire narrative rests on the idea that he is specially equipped to see the truth and to resist the temptations of woke culture because of the advantages given to him by his upbringing.

Privilege seems like a dictionary definition perfect word to use for that.

Another person might say he is utilizing the opportunities in front of him to better himself.  The same opportunity others around him have, yet chose a different path.  

that’s not privilege.  

• Plus1 1
23 minutes ago, commando said:

i asked why you thought someone was accusing you of something.  your professional victim card is getting worn kind of thin

You didn’t ask me anything.   You laughed and then You told me to do something. 

3 hours ago, commando said:

lol....show us where anyone said you did

• Plus1 1