The Republican Utopia

4 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

In actuality, I really don't care either way.  I don't see a problem with it and at the same time, I really couldn't care less if it wasn't played.

What makes me roll my eyes is the attitude of..."We MUST play the national anthem and EVERYONE MUST stand before all sporting events or our country is dying from woke liberal activists who hate America".

What a load of BS....and quite frankly, it takes away from the meaning of actually playing it.

I always laugh when middle-school- aged events play a prerecorded anthem off of Youtube or something and then everyone claps when its done.  The person singing or playing the instrument is not even in the building.

I'm not sure why but it always reminds me of how weird humans are and how easily conditioned we are.

• Plus1 1

8 minutes ago, funhusker said:

I always laugh when middle-school- aged events play a prerecorded anthem off of Youtube or something and then everyone claps when its done.  The person singing or playing the instrument is not even in the building.

I'm not sure why but it always reminds me of how weird humans are and how easily conditioned we are.

Or what about when one of your friends sings it at an event and it's awful but you're their friend so you gotta be like "You nailed it!" when really you just wanted to drive an actual nail into each of your ears 

2 minutes ago, GSG said:

Or what about when one of your friends sings it at an event and it's awful but you're their friend so you gotta be like "You nailed it!" when really you just wanted to drive an actual nail into each of your ears 

OMG...this couple in town thought their daughter was the most amazing singer.  So, they would have her sing it.  One time at a cross country meet, it was almost worse than Roseanne Barr's rendition.

53 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

OMG...this couple in town thought their daughter was the most amazing singer.  So, they would have her sing it.  One time at a cross country meet, it was almost worse than Roseanne Barr's rendition.

I hope that's because the girl didn't spit and grab her crotch lol 

• Plus1 1

What a buncha ‘Merica hating woke liberals. The National anthem should be played continuously throughout all sporting events…cuz ‘Merica. And now that we know better, any rendition by anyone other than Chris effin Stapleton is an affront to true patriotism and should be banned. :steam

• Haha 1

Iowa Republicans doing us proud again.

https://www.meatingplace.com/Industry/News/Details/108464

Introducing a bill that would allow child labor (14 & 15 year olds) in beef packing plants. :facepalm:

One of the most dangerous environments for anyone to work in.

A little background. One of the large sanitation companies (the companies that come in 3rd shift and clean/sanitize processing facilities) just got busted for using child labor. Poor them.....excuse was they couldn't find enough employees. The more accurate reason is because they couldn't fill positions for the amount of money they wanted to pay. So some R lawmakers in Iowa thought it wise to now allow child labor.  Almost every death and dismemberment you've ever heard of in a packing plant has occurred on 3rd shift cleanup. Employees get in large blenders, grinders etc. that are not properly locked out, somebody flips the switch and viola, mangled employees. I can't even fathom the thought process on this.

• Thanks 1
3 hours ago, JJ Husker said:

What a buncha ‘Merica hating woke liberals. The National anthem should be played continuously throughout all sporting events…cuz ‘Merica. And now that we know better, any rendition by anyone other than Chris effin Stapleton is an affront to true patriotism and should be banned. :steam

the only exception would be kid rock singing the words of the banner to the tune of sweet home alabama.  

• Oh Yeah! 1