Daniel Bullocks as new Safeties coach?

Bring back Bill Busch

Great recruiter! Not sure how good of a coach he was though.

Yeah....his secondaries were pretty good. Started at Utah, here, and while at Wisconsin had multiple Top 20 Pass Efficiency squads. Also the man knows Special Teams. Blocked 16 kicks when he was here and had punt and kickoff coverage teams that were top 25 units.

So add in his recruiting, and I see killing three birds with one stone

That's a pretty big stone I think.

If bullocks can coach i'm all for it.I liked him and his brother as players. Bring back a blackshirt to pull the heart strings of the fan base and add another coach to instill the sense of pride that it is to be a blackshirt. Jacksonville's secondary wasn't completely terrible last year.... If Bray leaves I don't think it creates that big of a void to fill. It opens up a spot to bring in another coach with 3-4 background to help coach up the linebackers. I do believe they should keep two seperate groups of LB's because there is a big difference in assignments and what you are asking outside lb's and inside lb's to do. I like Bray and think he has done a commendable job thus far, would have like to see young progress a little more but bando and rose-ivery improved significantly, in my eyes, under him. I would like to see him stay and get to work learning the nuances of diaco's d so he can properly coach his position group.

Just thinking out loud. i personally like MR and staff. wouldn't Bray be much better off staying for at least a year to get some seasoning on the 3-4? never hurts to have multiple types of defensive sets on your resume. hope he stays.

Said the same earlier. Learn a different system from a respected DC. Have some success, show ability to adapt, improve etc and then move on.

On the other hand, is it possible that with Banker and Stewart gone, the hiring of Williams and Diaco that the writing was/is on the wall and if Bray leaves it's a mutual thing.....

Out of curiosity, how is he as a recruiter? IIRC, Banker nor Stewart recruited any commits this year.

Just thinking out loud. i personally like MR and staff. wouldn't Bray be much better off staying for at least a year to get some seasoning on the 3-4? never hurts to have multiple types of defensive sets on your resume. hope he stays.

Said the same earlier. Learn a different system from a respected DC. Have some success, show ability to adapt, improve etc and then move on.

On the other hand, is it possible that with Banker and Stewart gone, the hiring of Williams and Diaco that the writing was/is on the wall and if Bray leaves it's a mutual thing.....

Out of curiosity, how is he as a recruiter? IIRC, Banker nor Stewart recruited any commits this year.

Bray is considered a really good recruiting assistant, look at his LB pulls the last 2 years. I am surprised he would leave now and not at least give it 1 year with Diaco. You would have to figure it is worth the learning experience if nothing else. His star is rising so I think he would have plenty of opportunities in 1-2 years.

Bray is considered a really good recruiting assistant, look at his LB pulls the last 2 years. I am surprised he would leave now and not at least give it 1 year with Diaco. You would have to figure it is worth the learning experience if nothing else. His star is rising so I think he would have plenty of opportunities in 1-2 years.

I agree, he seems to be a "young coach to watch". Imagine if we won the West this year or next. I would ASSume, that would really open up some doors. Especially with no blow out losses and a top performing D.

Donte hasn't even coached a down with us. Just because he can recruit?!?!?

....yes.

Recruiting can't be the end all be all. We've had that before..... he has to have the ability to coach up his recruits as well. I like him a lot, but wouldn't hold him as a devistating loss until I see him coach. I hope to god he's great.

I love the idea of Bullocks coaching here. He and his brother were outstanding players, and respectful guys that stayed out of trouble. I don't know how they did in school. Experience-wise he has had a variety of playing and coaching experiences for being such a young guy.

The only reservation I would have is his speaking. It seems like a small thing, but when you listen to interviews with him he is not well-spoken. I think he is pretty intelligent based on having coached, but just has a speech pattern that makes him sound less intelligent. Probably a southern rural thing. Maybe that will make him more able to relate to the players, who knows?

Sorry if that is an elitist or racist opinion, its not meant to be.

Bill Busch. Bill Busch. Bill Busch

Here's a good bio from his time at NU. I think he gets over looked at times (his success) because he was part of the Callahan years....

http://www.huskers.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=100&ATCLID=32525

Ironically, each Bullocks brother was taken with the 40th pick.

🙄🙄🙄😡😡😡😡

Even the Huskers.com writers don't know the difference between irony and coincidence. I can't believe I let a 10 year-old page irk me.

On the topic of Busch though, I would be more than fine with that hire. The special teams experience definitely helps him stand out.

Bill Busch. Bill Busch. Bill Busch

Here's a good bio from his time at NU. I think he gets over looked at times (his success) because he was part of the Callahan years....

http://www.huskers.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=100&ATCLID=32525

Ironically, each Bullocks brother was taken with the 40th pick.

Even the Huskers.com writers don't know the difference between irony and coincidence. I can't believe I let a 10 year-old page irk me.

On the topic of Busch though, I would be more than fine with that hire. The special teams experience definitely helps him stand out.

Haha. I read his bio and forgot that we were decent in at least one defensive phase those years....