Daniel Bullocks as new Safeties coach?

Any updates on Bullocks himself? I was really hoping this would work out.

Gosh, they might be the first real transcendent Blackshirts I remember watching as a kid.

You must be a young pup then.

Relatively speaking, yeah. First game I can really remember caring about was the '02 Rose Bowl (rough first memory I know). Crouch was probably the only player whose name I knew at that point.

So yeah, the Bullocks twins were right in the wheelhouse of when I started paying attention.

How old a guy are you? I'll be 30 in two weeks, my earliest Husker memory was the loss to FSU in the 94 Orange Bowl.

That's my earliest Husker memory as well. Unless you count when my dad told me not to root for Syracuse in a game we were watching because it wouldn't help us in the polls. I have no idea which season that was, but I know it was before the FSU game. I'm 31 btw.

Gosh, they might be the first real transcendent Blackshirts I remember watching as a kid.

Relatively speaking, yeah. First game I can really remember caring about was the '02 Rose Bowl (rough first memory I know). Crouch was probably the only player whose name I knew at that point.

So yeah, the Bullocks twins were right in the wheelhouse of when I started paying attention.

How old a guy are you? I'll be 30 in two weeks, my earliest Husker memory was the loss to FSU in the 94 Orange Bowl.

That's my earliest Husker memory as well. Unless you count when my dad told me not to root for Syracuse in a game we were watching because it wouldn't help us in the polls. I have no idea which season that was, but I know it was before the FSU game. I'm 31 btw.
my first husker memory was my dad yelling at the TV during the 2001 Colorado game :(

Donte and Elliott together would be an incredible tag team in the secondary.

Donte is young and exciting. He can relate well to the kids, and can get the talent here. Elliott is one of the better teachers in CFB. Giving a young coach like Donte a chance to learn from someone like Bob Elliott is invaluable not only to him, but to us for as long as Donte may be with this University.

For a 2015 ND article mentioning the move to "special assistant"

Bob Elliott, a 36-year coaching veteran and member of the University of Notre Dame football coaching staff since 2012, has been named special assistant to the head football coach for the Fighting Irish.

Elliott, who will be involved in numerous areas of the program including defensive strategy, game planning and on-campus recruiting, recently completed his third season on the Notre Dame staff. He coached Irish safeties in both 2012 and 2013 before moving to outside linebackers in 2014.

Elliott proved critical in the development of Notre Dame's inexperienced secondary in 2012. The Irish ranked among the top 20 Football Bowl Subdivision schools in the following pass defense categories: fewest passing yards per completion (9.95, second), fewest touchdown passes (11, tie-sixth), pass efficiency defense (111.36, 16th), interceptions (16, tie-20th), fewest passing yards per attempt (5.98, 13th) interception percentage (3.69, 24th) and pass defense (199.77, 25th).

In 2013 Notre Dame ranked 15th in the FBS in fewest passing yards allowed per game (198.2), 16th in passing yards allowed per completion (10.73) and 17th in passing yards allowed per attempt (6.31).

Elliott has spent 32 of his 36 seasons coaching defense, primarily as a defensive backs coach or defensive coordinator. He served as defensive coordinator for a combined 11 seasons at San Diego State University, Kansas State University, the University of Iowa and Ball State University.

http://www.und.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/030215aaf.html

• Fire 1

I remember the last minute of that game watching it from Utah. The 94 Orange Bowl along with the following season cemented my love for Nebraska, of which I was the only fan in my family until we moved to Nebraska.

On topic, though, I don't think Bullocks is out of the running. No inside knowledge but they might be interviewing people and they might circle back around to Bullocks. Riley did say on NSD that they were in no rush to fill the position.

For a 2015 ND article mentioning the move to "special assistant"

Bob Elliott, a 36-year coaching veteran and member of the University of Notre Dame football coaching staff since 2012, has been named special assistant to the head football coach for the Fighting Irish.

Elliott, who will be involved in numerous areas of the program including defensive strategy, game planning and on-campus recruiting, recently completed his third season on the Notre Dame staff. He coached Irish safeties in both 2012 and 2013 before moving to outside linebackers in 2014.

Elliott proved critical in the development of Notre Dame's inexperienced secondary in 2012. The Irish ranked among the top 20 Football Bowl Subdivision schools in the following pass defense categories: fewest passing yards per completion (9.95, second), fewest touchdown passes (11, tie-sixth), pass efficiency defense (111.36, 16th), interceptions (16, tie-20th), fewest passing yards per attempt (5.98, 13th) interception percentage (3.69, 24th) and pass defense (199.77, 25th).

In 2013 Notre Dame ranked 15th in the FBS in fewest passing yards allowed per game (198.2), 16th in passing yards allowed per completion (10.73) and 17th in passing yards allowed per attempt (6.31).

Elliott has spent 32 of his 36 seasons coaching defense, primarily as a defensive backs coach or defensive coordinator. He served as defensive coordinator for a combined 11 seasons at San Diego State University, Kansas State University, the University of Iowa and Ball State University.

http://www.und.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/030215aaf.html

Any chance we hire him for a similar role here? An analyst position

I'd be perfectly fine with him coaching safeties though, lot of experience with developing players.