Full share of BIG media rights

Herbie95

I would hope they would use a good share of the new funds on paying down their debts. IIRC, they owe on stadium and arena and other long term improvements, etc. The department has invested in facilities, etc. on a major level. If there are any real competitive 'shortcomings' they ought to address them but I believe our facilities are top notch and we are not suffering serious recruiting disadvantages at this point. Memorial stadium is as good as we could hope for realistically.

Personally, back in the late 90s, as "America's team" (that was what I felt Nebraska was in many ways - we were enormously popular nationally), I would have loved to see them spend the really big bucks and build the "Husker Dome" and start our own national 'invitational' preseason bowl game in which our annual first game opponent would be the prior year's national champs or the next highest rated one if we were the champs). I also thought we could host a season end bowl game as well instead of always going far away to play on a given oppoent's local 'home' field.

Instead, we spent considerable sums upgrading the old stadium and, not that it was bad or anthing, it is still an 'all kinds of weather' facility. Imagine all the tremendous games we could play indoors! Ticket holders would pay more for the indoor comfort controlled environment. Plus lots of other events could be utilizijng such a wonderful facility. Not many teams could match that and Nebraskans would love it.

I loved the many many seasons of fun and the 'weather' factors but as times change, we have to be forward thinking. I also thought Warren Buffet could afford to write the check and pay for the entire thing from petty cash. He could surely give that much back to the State of Nebraska, couldn't he?

I would hope they would use a good share of the new funds on paying down their debts. IIRC, they owe on stadium and arena and other long term improvements, etc. The department has invested in facilities, etc. on a major level. If there are any real competitive 'shortcomings' they ought to address them but I believe our facilities are top notch and we are not suffering serious recruiting disadvantages at this point. Memorial stadium is as good as we could hope for realistically.

Personally, back in the late 90s, as "America's team" (that was what I felt Nebraska was in many ways - we were enormously popular nationally), I would have loved to see them spend the really big bucks and build the "Husker Dome" and start our own national 'invitational' preseason bowl game in which our annual first game opponent would be the prior year's national champs or the next highest rated one if we were the champs). I also thought we could host a season end bowl game as well instead of always going far away to play on a given oppoent's local 'home' field.

Instead, we spent considerable sums upgrading the old stadium and, not that it was bad or anthing, it is still an 'all kinds of weather' facility. Imagine all the tremendous games we could play indoors! Ticket holders would pay more for the indoor comfort controlled environment. Plus lots of other events could be utilizijng such a wonderful facility. Not many teams could match that and Nebraskans would love it.

I loved the many many seasons of fun and the 'weather' factors but as times change, we have to be forward thinking. I also thought Warren Buffet could afford to write the check and pay for the entire thing from petty cash. He could surely give that much back to the State of Nebraska, couldn't he?

The thought of the Huskers in the dome makes me sick. Football should be played outside in the elements especially in a blue collar state like Nebraska.

Warren Buffett doesn't owe NU Jack $hit. He has a bachelor's from NU and probably paid his own way.

Football in a dome...in Nebraska.....yuck.

• Fire 2

also wouldn't mind them creating some sort of "Path to the NFL team" providing any assistance that players may need with getting to the next level. Devaney kind of touched on this in a recent article- that he reaches out to his NFL contacts and lobbies them to take chances on Nebraska kids. No idea if its even allowed but the hiring of 3-5 former NFL GM's/professional staff to be in constant contact with NFL teams in regards to what is going on with certain players at Nebraska and advocating on their behalf would be an awesome thing to have here.

this x100000000

Put every single dollar into recruiting. It is the lifeblood of the entire program. Hire support staff "analysts" out the wazzoo. Send the football team to Rome with Harbaugh. Do whatever the hell you have to do to get the most talented kids in the country to choose Nebraska.

The idea of a dual camp with michigan is interesting. I know NFL teams sometimes have joint preseason camps. I wonder if there's an NCAA rule against this kind of thing.