Trumps' Taxes - Maddow has them - story at 9 EST

This definitely isn't "nothing". It's an actual form that Trump refused to release. It's also somewhat revealing about Trump's intent and goals: look at the percentage of what Trump paid in taxes that were part of something he wants to eliminate.

However, what it is is just quite limited. It's only a 1040 form and only from one year.

This definitely isn't "nothing". It's an actual form that Trump refused to release. It's also somewhat revealing about Trump's intent and goals: look at the percentage of what Trump paid in taxes that were part of something he wants to eliminate.

However, what it is is just quite limited. It's only a 1040 form and only from one year.

Are we sure Trump didn't release it?
  • Fire 1

Sounds like Trump had to make his 2005 taxes public to marry his wife, part of her immigration process. That's the only reason we have this document, and why it's such sparse information.

I suppose if I had a team of lawyers and I needed to make one year of my tax returns look good, I could pull that off. This really doesn't tell us anything about the man's finances.

• Fire 1
  • 1 month later...

Why now?

Exactly my first thought! He has deflected for so long, he has refused to produce his tax returns, and he has said he has "nothing to do with Russia." Now, he's having his law firm (the same firm won 2016 Russia Law Firm of the Year and provided blank paper in manila folders at press conference rebutting Russian ties) publish this letter. I wonder why, why now?

• Fire 2

Why now?

Exactly my first thought! He has deflected for so long, he has refused to produce his tax returns, and he has said he has "nothing to do with Russia." Now, he's having his law firm (the same firm won 2016 Russia Law Firm of the Year and provided blank paper in manila folders at press conference rebutting Russian ties) publish this letter. I wonder why, why now?

trump is flaunting his russian connections now that he has fired comey.

So Trump, a serial liar, got his lawyers, a profession of notoriously truth-challenged people, to crank out a certified (!) letter claiming there's no Russian anything.

Got it.

Is this like the time his doctor officially declared him the healthiest human being to ever walk the Earth?

Don't be silly. Kim Jong Un has this distinction