DOJ Initial Russia Hearings

2 hours ago, schriznoeder said:

The article does a great job of following the bouncing ball.  Based on the large quote below, I think Trump will be subpoenaed in Nov.  I think this also explains his frantic, panic campaigning on behalf of Republicans in the house.   Lose the House and he is chicken soup -  esp wt a subpoena.  At least we the Repubs holding the House, they may find away not to impeach him if he perjures himself (which is likely as he is Mr Loose Lips or Mr. Falsehood).

If Dems take House, expect to be saying President Pence - even if it may be for a short time.

At every level, this matter has commanded the immediate and close attention of the judges involved—suggesting that no ordinary witness and no ordinary issue is involved. But is it the president? The docket sheets give one final—but compelling—clue. When the witness lost the first time in the circuit court (before the quick round trip to the district court), he petitioned, unusually, for rehearing en banc—meaning the witness thought the case was so important that it merited the very unusual action of convening all 10 of the D.C. Circuit judges to review the order. That is itself telling (this witness believes the case demands very special handling), but the order disposing of the petition is even more telling: Trump’s sole appointee to that court, Gregory Katsas, recused himself.

Why did he recuse himself? We don’t know; by custom, judges typically don’t disclose their reasons for sitting out a matter. But Katsas previously served in the Trump White House, as one of four deputy White House counsels. He testified in his confirmation hearings that in that position he handled executive branch legal issues, but made clear that apart from some discrete legal issues, he had not been involved in the special counsel’s investigation. If the witness here were unrelated to the White House, unless the matter raised one of the discrete legal issues on which Katsas had previously given advice, there would be no reason for the judge to recuse himself.

But if the witness were the president himself—if the matter involved an appeal from a secret order requiring the president to testify before the grand jury—then Katsas would certainly feel obliged to recuse himself from any official role. Not only was the president his former client (he was deputy counsel to the president, remember) but he owes his judicial position to the president’s nomination. History provides a useful parallel: In 1974, in the unanimous Supreme Court decision United States v. Nixon, which required another witness-president to comply with a subpoena, Justice William Rehnquist recused himself for essentially the same reasons.

We cannot know, from the brief docket entries that are available to us in this sealed case, that the matter involves Trump. But we do know from Politico’s reporting that it involves the special counsel and that the action here was filed the day after Giuliani noted publicly, “[W]e’re pretty much finished with our memorandum opposing a subpoena.” We know that the district court had ruled in favor of the special counsel and against the witness; that the losing witness moved with alacrity and with authority; and that the judges have responded with accelerated rulings and briefing schedules. We know that Judge Katsas, Trump’s former counsel and nominee, has recused himself. And we know that this sealed legal matter will come to a head in the weeks just after the midterm elections.

If Mueller were going to subpoena the president—and there’s every reason why a careful and thorough prosecutor would want the central figure on the record on critical questions regarding his knowledge and intent—this is just the way we would expect him to do so. Quietly, expeditiously, and refusing to waste the lull in public action demanded by the midterm elections. It all fits.

• Plus1 1

Imagine this scenario:

Trump: "I have not been subpoenaed by the special counsel"

Putin: "Trump has been subpoenaed by the special counsel"

Reporter: "Mr. President, do you believe Putin's claims that you have been subpoenaed by the special counsel?"

Trump: "I really believe him when he says that"

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 3

On 10/30/2018 at 2:56 PM, knapplc said:

I admit I don't know much about the Wohl family.  They sound like just amazing people.

Anyone with twitter needs to read through the story thread they have of this “press conference”. It is lol funny and great entertainment for a Thursday evening. Basically in a nutshell the accuser never showed up. The two jackwagons couldnt even spell her name. Wohl said even though Mueller was on jury duty the day it supposedly happened, he can be in two places and once and everyone laughed at him. Someone asked if they are both ready to go to prison and much much more lol. 

• Plus1 1
3 minutes ago, Frott Scost said:

Anyone with twitter needs to read through the story thread they have of this “press conference”. It is lol funny and great entertainment for a Thursday evening. Basically in a nutshell the accuser never showed up. The two jackwagons couldnt even spell her name. Wohl said even though Mueller was on jury duty the day it supposedly happened, he can be in two places and once and everyone laughed at him. Someone asked if they are both ready to go to prison and much much more lol. 

I present Exhibit A...

• Plus1 1

So you guys have gone from being convinced that Trump is a unique and existential threat to the country who was only elected because he conspired with Putin to fix the election and would be gone anyday...to laughing at some bit player marginally related to the whole thing for having his fly down?

:laughpound

• Plus1 1
19 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

So you guys have gone from being convinced that Trump is a unique and existential threat to the country who was only elected because he conspired with Putin to fix the election and would be gone anyday...to laughing at some bit player marginally related to the whole thing for having his fly down?

Everything you said before the elipses is still true, the fly thing is just a funny side event 

• Plus1 4
  • Fire 1

19 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Why do you think we can't think all of those things at once? I can think you're a saint or a monster and still laugh at you giving a press conference with your fly down.

• Plus1 2
On 11/1/2018 at 8:57 PM, Ric Flair said:

You find some of the oddest things and act like they are some major observation on life.

Really.....you're trying to hard at this.

• Plus1 1
3 hours ago, schriznoeder said:

The so-called Fertilizer King is in deep water again. But I didn't think Donnie associated with people like this? :D

to be honest....i think donnie is the real fertilizer king.   all that BS has to be good for something.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1