DOJ Initial Russia Hearings

8 hours ago, Clifford Franklin said:

Couple things:

1. What are we actually going to learn from his returns? That he doesn't make as much money as he claims? That he does get money from Russians buying his properties? We already know this. If his tax returns are dirty then the IRS should have already flagged them and ran an investigation, which I don't believe they ever did.
  2. The Dems need to be extremely careful with how they handle their work as it relates to the office of the President. They need to use extreme discretion because they can very easily set precedents that will have negative long term implications for the country and the Office. See "the atomic option" in the Senate.
  • Fire 1
3 hours ago, ZRod said:

Couple things:

1. What are we actually going to learn from his returns? That he doesn't make as much money as he claims? That he does get money from Russians buying his properties? We already know this. If his tax returns are dirty then the IRS should have already flagged them and ran an investigation, which I don't believe they ever did.
  2. The Dems need to be extremely careful with how they handle their work as it relates to the office of the President. They need to use extreme discretion because they can very easily set precedents that will have negative long term implications for the country and the Office. See "the atomic option" in the Senate.

Yep.

They could try to do something tax return specific though. E.g. make it a requirement for a presidential candidate. Not that it would actually pass.

25 minutes ago, Fru said:

That was quick.  The silent Saturday Night Massacre us under way.

He is just daring the Dems to investigate him.  And investigate they will. 

Hold on to your hats this is going to be a bumpy 2 years.  The Dems owe it to their voters to investigate and find out all of the facts as they have promised that they would do if they took control.  The Dems owe it up to the rest of us who may not be a part of their party to get to the bottom of it.  They may impeach but the Senate won't.  I doubt the Senate repubs will want to chase off Trump's base.  So 2 years of :HotTake: will be in our future.  

Trump 'tried' to sound conciliatory towards San Fran Nan today but if the Dems do their constitutional duty, there will be no conciliatory action.  He said so himself.   I think he knows the noose is getting tighter. 

• Plus1 2